What do you think about how well these forums are run?

Are you happy with the current modship?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Damn, why not shove this topic down their throats (so to speak) PM\Email a link to this topic to all of them. Have this as a petition. I'll signup right now.

In my experience, things do balance out, but that is the long painful route. If you guys are serious about this, we need to take action.

malakian said:
Oh I'm sure if you waited long enough things would balance out again, but I still (for some reason) have faith in the GMs and like our lovely new techy joeblow. I'm hoping if something like this is obvious then maybe they'll give a little thought to how irritating it is for those of us who aren't still stem cells.

We've tried this type of thing numerous times before. I believe we tried when Kaan went MIA the first time, when Bob went off the college, etc, etc. GMs work at their own pace, which you can't blame them.

A free option they provide out of their own generosity is not at the top of their priority list. At times, it feels like it is not on their priority list at all, which is also reasonable for us to understand.

It is a hard system to balance. I am just going to reiterate myself from before, it will balance out soon enough.

I see your point, and that's how its got to be in the chat, but I'm not happy with that here. I don't think it would hurt them to spend 10 minutes sorting it out into capable hands, and I'm sure that this is how the balancing out occurs.

I know how easy it is to do in PHBwhatever, I have first hand experience with it. It would take a max of five minutes to do.

malakian said:
I see your point, and that's how its got to be in the chat, but I'm not happy with that here. I don't think it would hurt them to spend 10 minutes sorting it out into capable hands, and I'm sure that this is how the balancing out occurs.

You're absolutely correct too. But it is going to be when they are ready to spend their 10 minutes.

Think back to when you where a child. Your mother tells you to clean your room and rightfully so it needed to be cleaned. Did you clean it then? No, even though it really did need it. You waited 4 days later to do it at around 1030 after the Simpsons went over. You were ready to do it, and could get it done faster at the time, rather than of doing it 4 days earlier when your mom had told you to do it.

It is just like that.

heh, nice analogy. That applies to me now, to be honest...I detest nothing more than cleaning.

Anyway, I still differ on this. I think they'll be far more inclined to spend the ten minutes if it's less ignorable, and I think now is the time. I don't want to wait months until I have no time to post anymore, and I'm a GR veteran of chat and forumage, I shouldn't have to damn it! The quick fix I offered or something roughly similar would easily sort this mess out in, as JCD says, less than 5 minutes. It's not much to ask and while I'm here I see no harm in pushing for it and giving them a little awareness of the feeling. There's not exactly much to lose, after all.

If your mother is up into your facing constantly telling you to clean your room, you'll do it. Email and PM. Thats all we need.

Later. The one thing I don't want is for us to be sporadically bothering them from all fronts. KC's comments on how they roll are correct, bombarding them is the last thing that'll help.

Slow and steady wins the race!

The tortoise and the hare!

Some other analogy about being slow!

I made this topic for a reason. You should know by now I have an ax to grind anyway because of the whole ridiculous demodding of me and my friends, banning a pal and running my favourite site's forum into the dirt thing. Just give the poll a little longer. It might landslide the other way if we've got a few amoebas in our midst.

I'm just pollin' the peeps, y'know what I'm sayin' dawgs?

I think it's fine.
It's no worse than it used to be.
In fact, it seems to be better.
Just a little slower.
Summertime it will pick back up.
And people are always going to bitch and complain.

Hmm, I'm not sure you're aware what the topic at hand is, Raine, it's definitely not better than it used to be, and i don't get the summertime comment...But thanks anyway. Would have thought it weird if everyone agreed with the correct answer. Whoops, I mean my opinion...

Yea the current moderation (or rather lack of) is crap. All the GMs need to do is hire a few more mods. The old mods are good and all, but they dont visit nearly as much anymore. Seems to be time to change up the moderation staff.

What makes it ridiculous is that the TNO was appointed to GM so we wouldn't be bugging the real GMs about forum issues.

Maybe im missing something, because it seems like it's fine to me. True the misc. forum is kind of congested, but some topics there are actually worth a read. The rest is kind of dead, and they need to be revitalized somehow, but it seems like the forums being run well.

Frozen said:
What makes it ridiculous is that the TNO was appointed to GM so we wouldn't be bugging the real GMs about forum issues.

Tell me about it! It's near unbelievable how he's created every problem he's meant to solve.

Please, mala, inform me of whats wrong?
I see no spam, i see no one getting bullied, we all have our freedoms, whats wrong?
TNO isn't bitching at anyone, no more Rauno's, wtf's the problem!

I'm forced to agree with parts of this thread. Active mods are seriously needed right now. I would nominate myself, but that might not be appropriate :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod