I'm Here, All Year, Get Used to It: Chapter 2

I'll regret not entering something here, so...Poll question: Do we have free will?

• If our decision making is influenced by an endless chain of causality, then determinism is true and

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The opposite is true, what's called indeterminism, our actions must be random

• Now the case for compatibilism — the idea that free will is logically compatible with deterministi

• Advances in neuroscience show that our brains make decisions before we're even conscious of them

• Quantum mechanics suggests that we live in a universe of probability, and that determinism of any so

• In the town where I was born Lived a man who sailed to sea And he told us of his life In the land of

• Total voters
I type reports for work. Lots of them. Well, not lots, but enough. I need to get busy typing less I get rusty. "less I get rusty"? I'm not sure that's the correct phraseocology, and that's why I need to practice.

Therefore I'm bookmarking this space for my own needs. Sort of like a text document, one that's available to the public.

I also figure it will give me a reason to visit this unholy desert.

today I'm typing on a small keyboard, and already I'm hating backspacing because of typos. What man's hands are meant for this keyboard? Not mine. My hands are big, but still soft. A woman at work once told me, "Wow, you have soft hands." Then i read fuck this bkeyboard Then I read, in Maxim, because Maxim magazine is still a thing to read I guess (came free in the mail, don't know why), that out of some random 100 women poll (sounds like made up bs) that a woman says she likes a man with rough hands.
What woman likes a man with rough hands? I have soft hands. I thought that was a plus, and advantage. What s&m bullshit of a woman likes being handled with rough, calloused hands?

I'm thinking the pov of a woman with this logic is that a man who has rough hands must be a hard working man, and knows how to use his hands. Or is adept at building houses. Maybe a house for her, since she's harkening to her cavewoman instincts. This is reverse sexism. But isn't all sexism "_sexism_"? That's like reverse racism, there's no such thing. Unless reverse racism involves some parallel dimension where our negative, probably living in negative film hues, you know the types... the dark blues and browns, like an old roll of film,

and so on

Tihs is fuck ths keyboad, this is the space I'll be using to think aloud when I'm bored and/or I have a few minutes. Enjoy? Block? Do the same? Be a smartass contrarian? (it works! ask me how)

Tired. Need sleep.

Human observation collapses quantum states into definitive states. Through the process you and your free will are collapsing possibilities leading your version of your timeline within the quantum field. So while everything possible does happen in the quantum universe you still have real free will.

A couple years back they wanted girl Legos because all the themed sets were so geared to boys. Now they're mad because they got them and they're too girly or that they are labeled girl Legos. Can't win for losing...

I'm super burnt out on Destiny (PS4). Have the Master Chief Collection's online issues been worked out enough to warrant purchasing if you're serious about Halo:CE, like I seriously am?

Help me, oh grand denizens of GR!

This story is 100% true.
My cousin tried getting a job at the Home Depot. At the ol' home depot. Adding 'the' in front of everything just makes it more authentic. anyway...

Two managers interviewed him. Asked him to tell them a little something about his work ethic, about himself, etc.. The routine stuff everyone would ask.

Ladies and gentlemen, my cousin, Joseph, verbatim:
Joseph said:
"Well, you know, the thing about me is when I work, I work. I get in the zone.
[noticeable pause, delay]

...Auto zone."

The two managers looked at each other and began laughing, then told my cousin they'd be in touch. This was five years ago.

My cousin needs a job is what I'm getting at. If you have or know of any openings in the Dallas Ft Worth area, please drop me a line. Joseph is funny, obviously ballsy. And while I did congratulate him on those merits, any help would be appreciated.

When did humans begin giving food labels for the time of day?

Eggs? breakfast
Sandwich? lunch!
Pork chop? dinner

Cereal for dinner? you're a mad man!

maybe it has to do with the weight or heavy feeling you get from eating some types of food, like a pork chop for breakfast could be too much. but...bacon's cool

who decided this shit? pancakes at any time of the day sounds good, but it's still kinda fucking odd to take the family out for a pancake dinner.

"Breakfast served from 6am to 11am"
that's a fucking lie!
So many labels

--------

I have a friend in Sweden, she made her bf a meal for dinner. it was eggs and sausage, i think, i'm trying to remember, but also something out of the ordinary, like noodles and beans? some odd combination. kinda freaked me out. maybe i'm not as progressive as I thought I was? Labels, man. It's really fucked seeing as I work nights right now. Do I have eggs and hashbrowns for dinner? Yes, sometimes.

I figure this makes me very European now. I'm walking with a new swag and everything.

Smoking an 11 and a half pound turkey today, just for practice when Thanksgiving comes around
Did a 24 hour brine in 1 gal vegetable stock / gal water in a jumbo Ziploc bag, thrown into a cooler with ice. Brine was brown sugar, kosher salt, whole peppercorns, all spice berries, crystallized ginger. Injecting it with creole butter.
Rinse. Poultry rub mixed with garlic and salt. Light bbq rub with canola oil. Truss turkey. Using pecan wood for smoke. 220 degrees, low and slow
Use soaked wood
Stuff with a green and red sliced apple, one sliced onion
165 temp means done

Cover with foil if getting too dark, hoping for gold color.

I'm gonna refer back to this during the process. Online cookbook, thanks!

pics or it didn't happ--IT'S HAPPENING NOW!!!!!!!!!

aui0jk.png

I promise there's a turkey in there. A young turkey in there, cold no doubt, washed away in a sea of brine, sitting in a jumbo ziploc bag. No worries, online worrier, the ice and salt content (plus the cooler itself) keeps the meat from turning and keeps it from denaturing. Science! This counts as 2 credits towards the fall semester in cordon bleu

kdjvw0.png

Here's a pic of the brine itself! Boring as hell, I know!!! And oversized?! It's a twofer!! Sry, no money back

i4e6hl.png

And I promise there's a turkey in there, too! Protip: truss the turkey before seasoning. And injecting. Damn paper cut's healing properties ("form of Wolverine") from a day ago is getting a workout during this seasoning process.

fmqrs0.png

Here's some pork shoulder butt I did a few weeks back. It came out absolutely perfect. I'm crossing my fingers for the same with this turkey. First time doing a brine....just a lot of preparation is all.

k9svfl.png

The bone slid right off the pork shoulder. Both. 20 pounds of pulled pork sandwiches topped with homemade coleslaw on Hawaiian bread rolls, plus other accoutrements.

Easiest way to wet every woman's appetite is to learn to smoke and/or bbq. Smoke is the more exotic of the two and is the cooler merit badge. DO IT

I believe each timeline is inherently deterministic, but we are free to choose among an infinite number of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod