What do you think about how well these forums are run?

Are you happy with the current modship?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

malakian

Rookie
Maca suggested it, and I guess now I'm bored, transcribing a marx brothers film and not on teens-4-censorship I'll poll you chaps! Do you think GR is run well under the current modship?

Vote honestly, btw, not how you think you should.

mt1107623537.jpg

NOT RUN

hah. True. Spam away in here by all means, but do just give your true opinion on this. We all know what I think, but I just want to know what everyone else thinks of the new wave of user management's conduct and organization here.

Wow, I'm surprised you did this.

Anyway, no I'm not happy with it. I don't care if TNO's a GRandmaster or not, what does bother me though is the lack of active mods. Don't get me wrong, Kaan and Sounds can do a fine job of moderating but, given recent topics, it's obvious they're not here enough. These periods of inactivity are fine when the boards roll smoothly along but whenever some idiot(s) decides to come here and make a bunch of useless posts we need someone more active.

Sam

I'll give you the kaan thing there, but not sounds...He was here posting the other day and look at it...

malakian said:
I'll give you the kaan thing there, but not sounds...He was here posting the other day and look at it...

I know, that surprised me. I remember him as being an adequate moderator.

Sam

hmm. Maybe you saw something I didn't then, maca.

I personally think that the way to go is a reversion to the old system of there being active, sensible mods appointed and all decisions made by them as a whole, then taken to the real GMs if needed. It was like this in my pre-tno day, and it was actually good and smooth. The first and hopefully last user GM has done a lot of damage and should be demoted.

As far as mod choices go, with tno out of the way mine would be JCD, used, longo and maca in this forum. JCD and longo are both decent and active (even if JCD does pitch his fork in silly ideas occassionally). Maca i'm sure could be relied on not to be a loose cannon, which is a plus, and used is just plain logical. Of course, I'd be in there too. I rock.

My take!

malakian said:
hmm. Maybe you saw something I didn't then, maca.

I personally think that the way to go is a reversion to the old system of there being active, sensible mods appointed and all decisions made by them as a whole, then taken to the real GMs if needed. It was like this in my pre-tno day, and it was actually good and smooth. The first and hopefully last user GM has done a lot of damage and should be demoted.

My take!

Or maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me.

And yeah I agree with that, although I can't really remember a time when the GMs listened to the posters with regards to mods, at least not overtly.

Sam

(that post is edited now. Re-evaluate.)

Well the thing is before they didn't need to, as the vast majority of the mods were on every day and would decide things very actively in covert ops. They could be trusted to decide pretty fairly through DEBATE (FUCK YOU TEENS FOR CHRIST), and usually would come to a sound conclusion. Apart from when we all picked TNO. Hey, the Jedi Council made the same mistake. Needless to say this don't happen anymore in there. Barely a post a month.

The modship, or lack of, is the main reason I don't post.

I am here mainly every day and look at whats new. Mostly babble that isn't worth my time to read, let alone reply.

A few new mods are needed without a doubt, but there just isn't a whole lot the general community can do. Things have a way of balancing themselves out usually in the long run. Really all I can say about that.

Oh I'm sure if you waited long enough things would balance out again, but I still (for some reason) have faith in the GMs and like our lovely new techy joeblow. I'm hoping if something like this is obvious then maybe they'll give a little thought to how irritating it is for those of us who aren't still stem cells.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod