Unreal Tournament 3 and the Xbox

Voxen

Rookie
I read an article yesterday (although it was two weeks old) about how the Xbox version of Unreal Tournament 3 will possibly ship with a few less levels than the ps3 and PC versions of the game, because the disc's the Xbox uses doesn't have enough memory on them. I don't care too much about the Xbox version of this game, since I'll be getting it on the PC, but how do you think this disc space problem will hinder the 360 in the future? Is it a real problem, and can it be remedied?

Right now, UTIII is a PS3/PC exclusive. It hasn't been announced for the 360. It'll probably find its way to the system eventually, but there's no telling when.

And as far as I know, disc space is not a problem.

Actually, it is accurate. I was wrong, UTIII has been announced for the 360. And yes, Mark Rein said some nice things about Bluray.

I wouldn't take this too seriously, though. It's true that Bluray discs can store a ton of information, and it's entirely possible that in the future, PS3 games will come with way more extras than 360 games. On the disc...

However, you can pack a lot more stuff onto Xbox Live than you can onto a bluray. One way or the other, 360 owners will probably get all the same content as PS3 owners.

At its core, this isn't a story, it's an endorsement. Mark Rein is obviously saying nice things about the PS3 because his upcoming game will launch there first, and he wants it to sell a lot of copies, which can only happen if lots of people own PS3s.

i read the article, and the comments people made, and having it ship 2 disc for the 360 wouldnt be a big deal at all. if anything, xbox live downloading of maps is even easier. whatevs sony, nice try.

That makes sense, although I'm afraid you might end up having to pay extra to download the extras off of Xbox Live.

ahh thatd be a dick unless the game was cheaper to start off with, which it wouldnt. they should make the marketplace downloads free to at least catch up with the ps3 version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod