The Fighter Character Tournament, Year 2 (ROUND 3, PAGE 38)

Yep, it's time again to begin of the fun games I hosted over last winter. This time though, I figured I would begin during the spring this time, so that it won't be so tedious as schoolwork will be out of the way.

In case you did not participate last time, the fighter character tournament is when you nominate a character from a number of fighting games out in the video gaming universe. Games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc could have 1-1000 entrants in it, and the winner of the showdown will go down as the second ever champion of the Fighter character Tournament.

Last year, Ryu of Street fighter fought Kasumi of Dead or Alive in the championship match, and came out on top! Will he repeat this year? Or will one of the many combatants defeat him and win the showdown for it's sophmore run? LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Here are the rules.

1. You guys will pick the combatants. I want you all to list 8 names from a fighter game, along with what fighter game they will be representing. If the fighters represent 2 different games Yoshimitsu for example), just pick one game he will represent.

2. Some games that become fighter games will not be eligible. Games like Marvel VS. Capcom, Super Smash Bros, Mega Man VS, etc. that have liscened characters that are not from an original fighter game, will not be allowed and if someone picks a combatant from the game, I will ask them to pick someone else.

3. Some characters, like Ryu Hyuabasha, The Spartan Nicole, Link and Spawn from Soul Calibur, etc. Are also not eligible because they are not original fighter game characters.

4. The top 12 from last year's fighter battle will recieve automatic bids into the tournament. DO NOT add them to your list.

Other than the rules above, everything else is fair game. Once we have either 128 combatants, or once there is no interest and we just begin going.

Here are the automatic bids into the tournament this year.

Ryu (Street Fighter) WINNER
Kasumi (Dead Or Alive) RUNNER UP
Hanzo Hattori (Samurai Showdown) SEMI-FINALIST
Raphael (Soul Calibur) SEMI-FINALIST
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) QUARTER-FINALIST
Guile (Street Fighter) QUARTER-FINALIST
Forrest Law (Tekken) QUARTER-FINALIST
Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters) QUARTER-FINALIST
T-Hawk (Street Fighter) TOP 12
M. Bison (Street Fighter) TOP 12
Shun Di (Virtua Fighter) TOP 12
Heihachi (Tekken) TOP 12

Because I have OCD and I like even numbers, I will nominate 4 more fighters for the beginning of the tournament, remember you should nominate 8 fighters instead of 4, this is just to make an even number.

So my next 4 are as follows

John Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Fulgore (Killer Instict)
Hayato (Rival Schools)
Voodoo (Wargods)

I chose those 4 to show you the range of fighting games you can pick from. You don't have to diverse them like this, they can all be from the same fighting game if you so choose, but these are just examples of lesser known games. It doesn't have to be the best fighter game to have a nomination, but it must be a fighter game.

Entrants are open right now, and I will begin to make a master list in a few days.

P.S

I got to be more clear on my words I think....

Yoshimitsu (Tekken)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Taki (Soul Calibur)
Hwoarang (Tekken)
Oddball (Thrill Kill)
Dr. Faustus (Thrill Kill)
...that's all

im going with
chun li (street fighter)
king (tekken)
sub zero (mortal kombat Deception version)
and doess yakuza count it is a fighting game if so i pick Kazuma
and thats all folks.

I wouldn't classify it as a fighter game, mainly because it is not a one on one fighter type that I was thinking of. Games like Yakuza, fighting Force, etc I would not want in this...

Also...you can nominate 8 people...I kind of prefer it to keep numbers even guys.....I guess it's ok if you do less, but I honestly prefer 8 from each nomination.

LinksOcarina said:
I wouldn't classify it as a fighter game, mainly because it is not a one on one fighter type that I was thinking of. Games like Yakuza, fighting Force, etc I would not want in this...

Also...you can nominate 8 people...I kind of prefer it to keep numbers even guys.....I guess it's ok if you do less, but I honestly prefer 8 from each nomination.
that sucks well geuss the other the fighters id have to say.
reptile (mortal Kombat)
blaze(mortal Kombat)
kenshi(mortal Kombat)
smoke(mortal Kombat)
Ken (street fighter)

Marshal Law (Tekken)
Kazuya (Tekken)
Ogre (Tekken)
Charade (S.C.)
Tiger (Tekken)
Armor King (Tekken)
Bryan (tekken)
Nina (Tekken)

Done

Edit: I'd Just like to say that i am proud to have one of my previous people automatically in.

All of your nominations are added.

My nominations are:

(Order is left to right)

Top Row
Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear X2)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear X2)
Faust (Guilty Gear X2)

Middle Row
Jam Kuradoberry (Guilty Gear X2)
Dizzy (Guilty Gear X2)
Johnny (Guilty Gear X2)

Bottom row
Chipp Zanuff (Guilty Gear X2)
Siegfried (Soul Calibur III)

kynice1.gif
solstand1.gif
faustlinechange1.gif

jamtaunt1.gif
dizget1.gif
johnnymist1.gif

chippwin1.gif
200px-Soul_Calibur_Siegfried.jpeg

wow...you didn't even need to let me search for pictures....thanks Tyrannis.

And yes, all characters get in, and we start when we have enough people to make an adequate tournament.

LinksOcarina said:
wow...you didn't even need to let me search for pictures....thanks Tyrannis.
No problem Links. Although, I only used that picture of Faust as it was roughly the same height as all the other pics. (Note that he is kneeling, yet the same height as Sol standing.)

Zack (dead or alive 4)
Christie (dead or alive 4)
Ayane (dead or alive 4)
Bass (dead or alive 4)

Eliot (dead or alive 4)
Brad Wong (dead or alive 4)
Hitomi (dead or alive 4)
Rainbow Mika (street fighter alpha 3)

Link, I think you should leave Ryu out this time. Declare him the 2006 winner and leave him ineligible to win this time. I think that's how Game FAQs does their character showdown, for example. Just my opinion.

I'll be posting my nominations within the day. Don't close registration yet!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle