UFC 121 - The Day Brock Lesnar lost the HW championship

I'd complain about how quickly they gave him that title shot, but he would've destroyed lesser fighters. He's top tier, skilled or not, and it would've been a waste of time and resources to keep him at the bottom or middle of the division. I would also have complained a lot more had he lost the match. Instead he became the champ and defended twice (once against his only loss). He's developing while he goes and a huge draw. The only downside is that he's fought so little due to health.

Daddio said:
The UFC gave Brock a title shot on his HYPE alone, not his skill. IMO he should have gone through the ropes and slaughtered more and more fighters until he EARNED a shot. My problem with the UFC is not usually with the fighters, it's with White.

Really? Have you seen his wrestling record?

The HW division, at the time of Brock's entry, was somewhat lackluster. I mean, sure there were good fighters, but not of his caliber. Plus, let's not forget the fact that Brock Lesnar is the biggest PPV draw, rivaling even GSP, Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell.

All I know is if Cain loses, JDS will not stand a chance as much as I like him. Then we'll have to wait for Shane Carwin to work on his cardio, beat Roy Nelson. Or for Roy Nelson to submit Carwin and then show his superior "jits" on Lesnar.

I would just completely laugh my ass off if Roy Nelson ever ended up being champ. Dana White would be so pissed.

Daddio said:
The UFC gave Brock a title shot on his HYPE alone, not his skill. IMO he should have gone through the ropes and slaughtered more and more fighters until he EARNED a shot. My problem with the UFC is not usually with the fighters, it's with White.

dana white is a business man. and an extremely good one at that. i used to hate the guy too, now I kind of respect him.

I'm glad all my picks came through - I wouldn't live down all the Cain talk I was doing if not lol. Also glad Ortiz lost. Got tired of all his "subtle" excuses during the post-fight conference.

Damn Lethean, you sure called that one!

Everyone at my bar was supporting Lesnar and everyone groaned shortly after, LOL.

Damn that was a sweet beatdown. I still like Brock though. I'm really excited for junior dos Santos.

lokness said:
Thanks for the spoiler.

It's finght night. You came in to a UFC 121 topic...On or after said night. What did you *really* expect? More speculation? :p

Also Wes, I may have called the fights but I was a little off. I thought Cain would have a bit harder of a time with Lesnar, not completely dominate him. I also thought Shields would win in a lot stronger fashon.

used44 said:
The Shields fight was pathetic.

I wouldn't say it was pathetic. It was technical, which I liked.

If I were a first time viewer of Shields though and a mainstream fan, I'd be bored to death. Kampmann is not an easy opponent though. I am surprised he didn't let his fists go though. The fight could have been drastically different had that happened.

Lethean said:
used44 said:
The Shields fight was pathetic.

I wouldn't say it was pathetic. It was technical, which I liked.

If I were a first time viewer of Shields though and a mainstream fan, I'd be bored to death. Kampmann is not an easy opponent though. I am surprised he didn't let his fists go though. The fight could have been drastically different had that happened.

I'm not the biggest UFC fan, but I have more than just a casual interest.

I say it was pathetic because Kampmann gave it away there at the end. Also, I'm not sure that Shields threw a single strike, Even when he had superior position. I enjoy technical fights, but that turned into a leg wrestling match, and Kampmann is to blame for that as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod