UFC 121 - The Day Brock Lesnar lost the HW championship

GRColin

Rookie
UFC 121 is airing this Saturday and Brock Lesnar, the mutant, freak show of humanity, faces his toughest challenge yet in Cain Velasquez, heavyweight contender with an 8-0 win streak, being just the second person in UFC history to knock out Antí´nio Rodrigo Nogueira. Lesnar may have a weight advantage over Velasquez, likely weighing in around 265 while Velasquez will likely come in at 240. Lesnar can dominate his opponents on the ground with relative ease given his size but Velasquez has the cardio of a middleweight or even a welterweight and will likely outlast Lesnar, as well as display his Division 1 wrestling skills along with his hurricane fists.

Jake Shields will be making his UFC debut against potential welterweight contender Martin Kampmann. Shields, who is on a 14 fight win streak will be squaring off against Kampmann in the co-main event. Dana White has previously stated should Shields win this fight, he's looking at giving Shields a shot at the Welterweight title currently held by fan favourite Georges St. Pierre.

Fans can also expect Tito Ortiz to step into the octagon against Matt "The Hammer" Hammil, Ortiz former student on Season 3 of the "The Ultimate Fighter". A win over Hammil is needed for Ortiz, who is suffering from a bit of a dry period regarding wins. Ortiz has not won a UFC fight in 4 years.

Oops! I'll edit accordingly! Thanks Diabolus!

No Chris. Just using this as a venue to discuss UFC 121! I'm pretty excited about this upcoming card.

I hope that Jake wins because I want to see him fight GSP( if he beats Koscheck).

Shields is one of those guys that, no matter how much trouble he's in, somehow turns the fight around and always wins. I thought Hendo had his number. But nope!

Does Tito really have any great fights left in him? He does well enough to not get booted out and hasn't handed in any horrible performances, but 0-3-1 for a four year record isn't going to get you many call backs. Hammil isn't exactly my favorite either, nor is he super-exciting to watch, but he's a competent fighter. I think that he'll grind out a win over the full 3 rounds.

lesnar will steamroll

tito and hammill will be the most boring fight of the year

edit: in history. tito will lose a boring decision, he will cry. or tito will win a boring lay n pray decision, and he'l say hes back baby!

Chris_Crime said:
Wtf? Did I just read a commercial?

SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY!

UFC is gunna blow you awaaaaaaay
explosionf.jpg

Brock Lesnar has just been released from Prison and he's taking his revenge....

...on Homer Simpson
homerr.png

Watch this Saturday only on PAY PER VIEW!!

intoTheRain said:
lesnar will steamroll

tito and hammill will be the most boring fight of the year

edit: in history. tito will lose a boring decision, he will cry. or tito will win a boring lay n pray decision, and he'l say hes back baby!

I really don't think Lesnar will steamroll Velasquez at all...I'm not very excited about the Hammil fight either. I don't care for Tito and think he was always a somewhat mediocre fighter who didn't deserve the rep he had and Hammil, well he may be a nice guy or something but as far as fights go, I couldn't care less.

Edit: In regards to Lesnar, while I'm hoping Velasquez will win I don't think he'll have an easy time with Brock. He does keep improving upon his mistakes or shortcomings and will certainly be Cain's toughest opponent yet.

The more I think about UFC 121, the more excited I get for the debut of Jake Shields. Most mainstream fans really only follow the UFC, and really, the biggest draw for mainstream fans are the HW bouts. This will be a great opportunity for Shields and will definitely put some tough competition in the welterweight division for GSP. Not to say Carlos Condit isn't a great fighter but he seems hit or miss - His fight against Rory MacDonald (another solid fighter) was a somewhat poor performance until that miraculous TKO, but his fight against Hardy was most impressive.

Ever laugh so hard you $#!T your pants?
Visit Crave Online

Isn't Lesnar like a murderer in the ring? I've been told he's the best of the best right now. Also what happened to Kimbo Slice, I liked that guy. I just hope Joe Rogan will be continue to ask such amazing quesitons like "So, did you plan on winning the fight before it began?" And "Tell me what's going through your mind here, did you plan on punching him here?"

A murderer in the ring? Not exactly. He's skilled, he's tough and has a size advantage but he also has holes in his game. Not sure about now, but during the Shane Carwin fight, his stand up game wasn't up to par - Thankfully he could take a punch. During the first fight against Frank Mir, he couldn't stave off a submission. He keeps improving and learning from his mistakes though.

Kimbo Slice was cut. He was just a brawler, plain and simple. He lost too many fights so Dana White gave him the axe.

Not literally a murderer, lol.

That sucks about Slice, I rooted for him. He always looked intimidating in the ring.

im one of the only people i know that loves lesnar. everyone loves to hate the guy.. hes a great guy outside of the ring.. he just needs to shake his WWF persona and be who he really is.

Tito used to have heart, that was what made him an above average fighter.. now that he knows he sucks he has no heart to carry him through and he's completely useless. losing to Chuck destroyed that morons head beyond repair.

Not to mention Slice's legs and knees just couldn't handle the kicks they were sustaining and he had next to no ground game in comparison to most UFC fighters. Still he's an interesting guy outside of the ring.

As far as Cain and Brock go...Brock is smart and he sticks with his gameplans. He has a great camp and coaches and they always prepare him. He has some holes in his game, but his power and freakish speed make it difficult to take advantage of them. On the other hand you have Cain who comes in at the bottom of the weight class and seemingly bullies guys who come in heavier. He has strong wrestling, and his stand up looks crisper with every fight. If he can avoid the takedown and not take too many of Brock's haymakers, I think Cain has a better chance than some would believe.

Also, Rogan fills his role perfectly. He's not exactly interviewing Kofi Annan. At least he knows what he talking about with the ground game (look at early UFC announcers who had no idea how to describe BJJ tactics).

Brock has average skills, but freakish size and athleticism. If Carwin had a gas tank, he probably would have finished him.

I believe Cain will be Lesnar's toughest challenge yet. People talk about Cain being undersized, but he's still a 245 lb man who has wrestled for most of his life. Randy Couture actually lifted Brock off of his feet for a second during their fight. And he only weighed in at 220 lbs and he's 46 years old.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cain scores a couple good takedowns on Lesnar.

I am very excited for this Brock Lesnar fight..But who isnt?
It's the heavyweight championship.. and the belt holder is a guy everyone loves to hate.
I personally like Brock Lesnar because he does exactly what he's supposed to do.. which is win fights.
Some may say it isnt skill to lay on top of him and grind out his attempt to move, but how much better of a game plan can you get? He's an absolutely smart fighter, using everything he has to his advantage. A smaller guy will not pose a threat to Brock in the wrestling department.

Cain Velasquez is pretty damn awesome, Being well versed and more of a complete fighter than Brock is, he will have to be very patient and make as little mistakes as possible against Big Brocky. He needs to stay away from Brocks wrestling at all costs. He's significantly faster and needs to move in and out constantly on Brock, mixing up his strikes and to be difficult to read, because Brock will try to shoot a takedown, and Cain has to realize once he makes Brock panic he needs to get ready to sprawl like hes never sprawled before.

Cain simply has to check the leg kicks until he limps then take him down and try to win all 5 rounds, he isnt going to one punch knockout Brock, and the longer he stays in the ring with him, the much better of a chance he will have. Plain and simple.

Walk the mile Cain, you can do it.

5th round decision win for Cain Velasquez, anyone want to make an E-Bet?

I'd still like to see an Angle VS Lesnar fight, but I think Kurt might be a bit too old.

Anyways nuts to Tito. He's old and boring.

Don't know much about the midcard fight.

I think Brock will win just because he has the stamina and he'll probably go out the day before and kill a bear and tear out its still beating heart with his hands to power his pretty little hate machine.

The UFC gave Brock a title shot on his HYPE alone, not his skill. IMO he should have gone through the ropes and slaughtered more and more fighters until he EARNED a shot. My problem with the UFC is not usually with the fighters, it's with White.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod