• I only like their 80's stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only like their 90's stuff

• I only like their post 2000 stuff

• Total voters
Green_Lantern said:
^ I don't really think you can compare Coldplay to Radiohead....To me they're pretty different.

I think you could compare Coldplay to Radiohead's OK Computer and The Bends. But not Kid A or anything after.

GiftedMonkey said:
used44 said:
Heh, I went to a Klosterman lecture last weekend. I'm sticking with the "you and I are separated at birth" angle.

<---- IS JEALOUS! Did Chuck Klosterman actually go to Alaska? Was it awesome? Did he say anything about a new book?

Haha. Yeah, he spoke at the University of Alaska Anchorage ( I think he hit Fairbanks too?).
It was really cool, and he has a new book out in the fall. Another collection of short stories and essays. He was going to read from it, but he just fielded questions instead.

It's easy to link Bono's philanthropy to the band as a whole but they are not one in the same.

They are one of my favourite bands but I really only like their early stuff. The Joshua Tree, October, The Unforgettable Fire. They are the good albums. They have also had their share of crap but that's why I respect them as a band. They have lasted and that's rare for any band.

I love U2. Like others have mentioned, I'm not a big fan of Bono - but the band and the music is what's important to me, and I like them for that.
That being said, I much prefer their 80's stuff.

I can understand how some people don't like Bono. But what is with all the Coldplay hate? Especially Radiohead fans. Sheesh, it's been 12 years since OK Computer (brilliant album btw), and they've moved on from that style 9 years ago. So what if Coldplay is inspired by Radiohead's 90's music?

But back to U2, I don't think they suck and I don't think they kick ass. So I selected "ok".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle