Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

• Huh?

• Total voters

Guan_Yu

Rookie
What are your thoughts on them? For my entire life, I always thought of them as white-trash gimmicky wannabe Eminems (for the record, I despise Eminem and always have, I was merely talking on a sucess level). But I never really listened to them, I just went with the fact that so many others hate them as well. Well my friend bought one of their CDs (The Great Milenko) and I was listening to it with him in his car, and I was strangely drawn to it. Every song just seemed to click with me, and even though most of them were composed of extreme violence and cursing, I knew there had to be meaning behind it. Mind you I have NEVER been a fan of rap, ever. So I go home and start reading up on them, how they came to be, etc etc. I was completely wrong about them, they are way more successful than I ever thought and they achieved that success completely by themselves, driving across America and selling CDs out of a van. I also found that I was right, there really is a deeper meaning to their CDs, and I really dig the whole story. So far I have all of The Great Milenko and half of The Ringmaster downloaded, and I haven't regretted a single song.

But how does GR think of them? (even though I think I know the majority of their answers)

Long long ago, my brother had The Great Milenko and I got a dose of them at an early age (as well as many other things I wouldn't have normally experienced 10-15 years ago) and they kinda stuck.

I've now got The Great Milenko on my comp (and thus portable with me via mp3 player) and listen to it every now and again.

Certainly something to pump during a drinking night or when you're in a pissy mood.

I think the only other fan you'll find of them on the boards is DWTC69, and I haven't seen him around much lately. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle