The Stalfros Experiment (Chat Thread)

If you actually watched Channel One instead of doing better things, like chatting up girls or playing your gameboy while it was on... how sad for you.

I had a couple teachers that were absolute douches about watching it (no talking, homework, etc.), but most teachers let us do anything that would not cause attention to the classroom. I usually used that time to keep up my sports journal. (Since you receive a grade for your sports period, they made us track training, gameplans, etc. with mandatory daily entries.)

Ahh, highschool, you were so full or retarded details that I will never use and rarely remember.

Oh, and how were you associated with Channel One?

Well, I worked on it during the September 11th stuff and the ensuing war in Afghanistan. So it was actually a pretty cool time. I did two stories, on one Al Jezeera and another on the USA's involvement in Afghanistan back in the 80's when they were fighting Russia.

I was an editor.

Channel One is where I first caught glimpse of Lisa Ling's phat ass.
I was probably reading EGM. Shawn Smith, Crispin Boyer, Dan Hsu ... the best in the biz.

I just remember that every other day was them telling us that Mother Earth was being ravaged by Corporate America...now here's a bunch of commercials from Pepsi.

i hated that channel. didn't tell me anything i didn't already know since my folks watched the news, real news, before we went to school.

also i hate it when 20 something people still try to act like they are still teenagers, channel 1 sucked hard at that.

We had Nintendo commercials. It was either during the "Play It Loud" or the "Get N or Get Out" campaign.
Soon after, our school got our own news progam. But it didn't last long. Some wisenheimer thought it'd be funny to play Twista's "Get It Wet" over the end credits. I mean who okays that?
I think we had 2 episodes.

Chris_Crime said:
Channel One is where I first caught glimpse of Lisa Ling's phat ass.
I was probably reading EGM. Shawn Smith, Crispin Boyer, Dan Hsu ... the best in the biz.

Agree with this.

And yes, I did photojournalism. I worked for NBC for a few years before I gave it all up to make more money being an IT guy.

That's the truth, my cousin got into journalism and now he does real estate.

Also, just watched the news about Obama's speech. Really? At least Dems would tune in to Bush's stupid speeches to see if he said something asinine.

yeah on that note, i've noticed a lot more commercials these days talking about how we're having to cut back a lot more these days and It's obvioulsy pointed towards the current administration, but this is all because of the prior administration. Fellas, the fix is in. Even the commercials have an agenda, it's sickening.
Every time I see a commercial using stock footage of the president - your tax or credit relief commercials, whatever - I change the channel.
The conservatives are really going out of their way to put him in a bad light. And then the whole "controversy" about his speech, what a fucking joke. It's maddening. I've never seen anything like this before, and I wonder where they were just a few years ago.

Living better than you or I, Chris...better than you or I.

When it comes to politics, you can stay in by muckraking or actually doing a good job. Guess which is harder?

So I guess that's why we're here, and why I'm never too far from my post. Wonder if I could make a living doing a good job at muckraking? As you've said, the other guys seem to be doing fine. Better get back to work!
2ljotg8.jpg

too aggressive? oh bs. have you not turned on your tv lately?
what have you been missing? /smirk

Not really. "Rationalists" dominate the scientific field and pretty much everything else. And all conspiracy theorists will always come off as batshit to the majority of people.

Granted most conspiracy theories come into being purely from someone's imagination, I think people place an unhealthy faith into what is said to be true by the "professionals"

Krowsnose said:
Granted most conspiracy theories come into being purely from someone's imagination, I think people place an unhealthy faith into what is said to be true by the "professionals"

You bring up a good point: there is a very fine line between religious zealots and conspiracy theorists.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex