The *official* World of Warcraft topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you offer something as a donation, I'll gladly take it, not that I'd be asking for much (if anything) to begin with. Giving, really, but donations are accepted, heh.

PM me and I'll give you some more information.

Can't believe I just noticed this thread.

I'm Frostburnsy, lvl 70 Mage on Boulderfist pvp. Unfortunately its one of those pvp servers where the Horde are bigger jerks to each other than they are the Alliance, save those few guys who like to close down Ratchet and Booty Bay in the name of the Horde.

Having reached 70, I am beginning to get disenfranchised with the game. I need to do more BGs, more raids, more dailies, but just don't have time for all of that on top of rep grinding and regular quests. Not to mention an old laptop that won't allow me to go to Shattrath.

I think I just need to take a break for a while, work on some old XBox games I never finished.

Trippysmurf said:
Having reached 70, I am beginning to get disenfranchised with the game. I need to do more BGs, more raids, more dailies, but just don't have time for all of that on top of rep grinding and regular quests. Not to mention an old laptop that won't allow me to go to Shattrath.

I think I just need to take a break for a while, work on some old XBox games I never finished.

Only fun I really have now is leveling new characters. Level 70 = Nothing to do. I used to love raiding but I got tired of all the know it alls in raid guilds, and the hardcore schedule.

I have co-workers who love this game and talk about how they're going to form an attack. But I swear, I don't understand a God damn thing they're talking about. And I thought I'd "get it" cause I'm also a gamer.

But nope, they go off about stuff you guys are talking about in this thread and I get lost, lol.

You know now that everyone is tired of the game and I don't have the time to play games 24/7, I finally have started to really like WoW. It may have something to do with me being on horde, though. Even though I absolutely hate the layout of horde cities (why the hell do all the layouts have to be vertical? damn ridiculous and confusing. I ask the guard for the location of something and on the map it is marked as if the thing is 2 feet away from me while in reality it is on another level which requires me to walk to the other side of the map just to get up on. Silvermoon is the only horde city that makes sense to me. Even then the layout sucks because every useful thing is so friggin far away.), I am liking the general feel of the horde a lot better. I havent really ran into as many annoying problems with other players while levelling as I have with the alliance.

I want to start playing again but my sex life is in a place where I really want it to be. I.E. I am getting some.

I'll probably re-sticky this when the next Xpack hits.

I started playing recently and in response to Hexagram, I thought I would get what my roommate and his friends were talking about because I was a gamer, but the truth of the matter is that unless you play it you don't get it. If you read enough about it you will, but then you might as well play. My one issue is with the Warlock class at level 60. The mount quest takes you into a dungeon that nobody really runs anymore. What fun is that? You spend hours searching for a group to simply run the dungeon and if you find one odds are nobody has the key to get in. They need to fix that and make it a more popular place to go.

[quoteMy one issue is with the Warlock class at level 60. The mount quest takes you into a dungeon that nobody really runs anymore[/quote]

Depending on the server you are on just beg 3 other level 70 locks to take you and as long as you do all the quests leading up to it they will have the mats. You can do a full clear of DM and get your mount in 30 min.

We did it pre-TBC with 2 locks and a really overpowered Shadow Priest. One of the funnest moments of the game. There are always Locks who will run DM for a baby-lock. The class is just cool like that.

StalfrosCC said:
The class is just overpowered like that.

Fixed.

Also, gotta agree with FrozenBacon 100%. Of the Horde Cities I try to never go to Orgrimmar because it is so chock full of people, and getting from one end to the other takes 10 minutes. Only reason I ever go now is because of the Hall of Legends. Silvermoon is my base of operations: two banks, two auction houses, a mail box every 5 ft., no one ever there means no lag, and it makes Undercity useless (which is good because I died far too many times on those elevators at the low levels)

Locks have simply become shadow Mages with pets at this point, I'm kind of sad because I love my lock to pieces and it will never stop being my main, but I want the power of being a Warlock back. We should be one of the nastiest most pain inflicting classes in the game and we're not anymore.

schimmel said:
Locks have simply become shadow Mages with pets at this point, I'm kind of sad because I love my lock to pieces and it will never stop being my main, but I want the power of being a Warlock back. We should be one of the nastiest most pain inflicting classes in the game and we're not anymore.

And when they introduced meeting stones we lost one of our main points of appeal.

Oh well, Imp Imp buff ftw I guess.

StalfrosCC said:
schimmel said:

And when they introduced meeting stones we lost one of our main points of appeal.

Main point of appeal? I was glad they introduced the stone, I hated being a taxi service. I got invited to groups because of my high damage output.

^ Same here, sometimes they ask me to summon them while someone else is using the stone and I just say wait. The only time I ever actually blow a soul shard to get someone to the group is when we're in the middle of a run and we need to find a replacement.

TheNesMan said:
StalfrosCC said:
schimmel said:

Main point of appeal? I was glad they introduced the stone, I hated being a taxi service. I got invited to groups because of my high damage output.
Well weren't you just the bees knees. I was famous for my pet bombs.

StalfrosCC said:
You could have rolled a lock. Lemme guess, pally? Wuss.

Uggh, God no.

I'm Frostburnsy, lvl 70 Mage on Boulderfist pvp.

I went with Mage because I stupidly thought "hey, I'll have the highest DPS in the game like the freaking book says." Only to have Locks, Hunters, and Shamans out DPS me. Yes, rogues too, but that was a given. Oh, and while they pumped out the damage for all other classes and forgot about the whole "Mage = High DPS" thing, they didn't forget the whole "Mage = no health for balance, lolz."

Oh, and still not overpowered? Most 70 locks I've seen have more health than Paladins and Warrior tanks.

That's because we grab up all the cloth that gives stamina and casting bonuses. Ever see a lock without good stamina bonuses we'll die within minutes of entering a battle.

schimmel said:
Ever see a lock without good stamina bonuses we'll die within minutes of entering a battle.

Welcome to the life of a mage. Its fun sitting back, shooting at a rogue as two melee classes attack him meanwhile he keeps coming straight for you, hits you with a crippling poison or spam sap, and kills you before the combined efforts of the three drop him.

In battlegrounds I usually have the highest amount of deaths but also usually rank in the top 5 for damage done. Going kamikaze mage affects both of these things.

Hewp...

i wanna farm and farm...oh by the I'm Human Warrior lvl 12...still in diapers you may add^w^

WoW's amazing...There's no "AW" in WoW I guess....^w^
Please do suggest any builds and stuff...^w^
Ciao!!^w^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133