The *official* World of Warcraft topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the new patch came out last week...
Damn mounts at level 30 now, which annoys me, but not as much as they nerfed Warlocks AGAIN!
We're supposed to specialize in pain over time and they won't let us do that anymore. The latest nerfing was no more curse of shadow meaning if you were a warlock who used it you've gotta reset your spell casting list because a crucial curse for you no longer exists

Re: Hewp...

NastyMoon said:
i wanna farm and farm...oh by the I'm Human Warrior lvl 12...still in diapers you may add^w^

WoW's amazing...There's no "AW" in WoW I guess....^w^
Please do suggest any builds and stuff...^w^
Ciao!!^w^

Since you're 12 and sound like you just started spec Fury for leveling, you go faster, but if you're gonna tank any instances or raids later on spec Prot so that you can hold aggro

Patch 2.43
+ Hey, Hunters can't dispel my armor now
+ Curse of Elements also helps out Mages, and replaced Curse of Shadows.
+ Magister's Terrace is now easier
- After I've already run it several times and received all the items I need from it.
- I liked my flight path bats in Silvermoon City and Tranqulien

^I saw a lvl 30 Paladin on his charger yesterday. I wanted to spit on him, but then I'd hear from my friends the whole "back in my day, Barrens had only one graveyard, and one flightpath, and we liked it!"

I now challenge every toon in their 30's to duel if I see them mounted just to show them who's boss and that they shouldn't be riding a horse yet

It's totally their fault those changes were implemented! They should wait to be level 40 out of respect to anyone who hit level 40 prior to this patch! Even if that person has only been playing a month.

Damn them for a change Blizzard made!

I'm quite enjoying my mount at level 30 :).

So I'm playing the WoTLK beta. I tried it for like...2 minutes. I haven't had much time with it yet. I may take back what I said about ret paladins being nerfed. We'll see. I just hope that all the changes made to them to make them more group friendly didn't result in them being gimped for PvP.

I'll likely try the rogue out as well and of course a death knight. I likely won't level one though until my main hits 80.

Oh and IntoTheRain, hunters need to be buffed? What?

TheNesMan said:
You know you can make pre mades now right? No need to level to 80.

You mean in the retail version of the game or the beta? I'm assuming you meant beta since if they allowed that for the retial copy, that would be really gay and lame. I know Blizz is nerfing the crap out of the difficulty for WoW but that'd be over the top.

I was talking retail. Even in beta however, I'd still like to level and see the new quests.

I'm only just starting out in WoW.

Well, I still would be if I had the game. My best friend got me the ten-day trial, and invited me to play on the server he uses. Its an RP server, Moonguard, but he doesn't really do the RPing part (that I know of). I started an Orc Warrior named Frobozz. I think I was level 17 before my trial expired. I also tried out a little bit of a Night Elf Hunter and a Human Paladin on another server, but Dan tells me RP servers allow you to have both Horde and Alliance, so I didn't really need to go to another server like I thought I did. Neither got very far anyway, so I'll just delete them and re-make them in the Moonguard server once I get the game.

My friend ordered the Battle Chest and a two month subscription for me, but something happened and the order got canceled, I'm just waiting for him to make the order again. Getting a little impatient, because its a really fun game.

Hehe, during the trial I liked taking my orc to the Undercity to dance on King Terenas' canon-inconsistent grave and watching the reactions of people passing by.

I say canon-inconsistent because (highlight to read if you have played Warcraft 3 or just don't care) >King Terenas was actually cremated. Cremated, and Arthas discarded his ashes so that he could use the urn to carry Kel'Thuzad's remains to the Sunwell.<

Lethean said:
Oh and IntoTheRain, hunters need to be buffed? What?

Where do hunters excel? Nowhere.

And they are the most nerfed class in WotLK so far.

Huntards come in DPS wise under Warriors, Rogues, Locks, Mages, Elemental Shammies..

Huntards have little CC, it is relatively viable as Survival, but if you go Survival your DPS goes down the drain.

How about Arena. Well let's look at that. Huntards are without a doubt the most rolled class in the game, Rogues in close second. Look at arena ratings and Huntards are by far the least common class in any matchup above 2k.

They excel nowhere. While pallies cry that they can't DPS as Ret, and want to compete with top DPS.

Give my huntard, my mage, or my rogue plate, heals and a bubble and i'll be cool with your pally doing as much DPS.

Pally Ret is not supposed to be up there with top DPS, why would anyone roll anything else if that were the case? They can roll a pally and do leet DPS, Tank 5-10 mans better than anyone, and heal with the best. Whereas any straight DPS class you can do what? You can spec DPS, DPS, DPS or if you're crazy, Hybrid DPS.

Pally's can DPS, they just have to be played properly. There are plenty of Ret pallies that can sustain 2-2.8k DPS. I see Ret as a challenge, just as I saw a huntard, and would see a Boomkin. And now even an enhance Shammy. Play them, learn to play them well, and earn tons of respect and get your spot in a raid. It's possible. My Mage and Rogue bored me, far too easy, so I rolled a huntard to be one of the 8 million that could actually sustain respectable DPS. And that I do. It's also very simple.

LOL.

Man, I played Locks exclusively (Probably because I have a complex or something) and I saw them go from the OMG UBR LEET to the bastard step children of Shadow Priests and Mages.

I know your pain.

IntoTheRain, I'm a ret paladin and when we did forty man raids, was always in the top ten, sometimes top five. When we did 25 man raids, I was in the top five. If you play your class right, get the right gear, you can do awesome DPS.

Maybe I didn't research it enough, I just saw vengeance was getting a nerf.

I have a hunter as well and I have to say...EZ-Mode. They certainly don't need to be nerfed though.

Btw, I don't know if you were saying in general "learn to play them" or directing it at me.

Lethean said:
If you play your class right, get the right gear, you can do awesome DPS.

i said that -.-

as for the rest, every class is ez mode. competing for top spot as a huntard, ret pally, boomkin is just less easy than competing for top as a rogue, warrior, mage, lock, elemental shammy..

the only part of the game remotely challenging is arena, and i've been 2450+ with a dreamstate drood partner. got my glad title and all. game is jokes, but its fun :D

i even broke 2k with mage/feral drood combo. -.-

so glad in the xpac they have three levels of aren agear, the top two can only be obtained from rating.

i know within a week or two tho that'll be neerfed for the carebears

the only challenging PVE aspects of the game would be in some situations healing and tanking, DPS is never hard, in any way. Learn optimal spell rotation, spam it, /profit.

that being said i don't raid anymore, I only arena. i'll probly do ten mans with close buds in WotlK, but thats about it. can't handle the stupidity in raids.

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:

i said that -.-

I wasn't saying you didn't. I was just stating it as well.

I'm with you, I don't raid anymore and likely won't. I also don't see a point in people bragging over their "mad skillz" in WoW.

Also, it's pretty common that tanking and healing are the only two things in the game that aren't ez-mode. Which is why WoW irritates me some times and I'd rather play EQ2.

Lethean said:
intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:

i said that -.-

I wasn't saying you didn't. I was just stating it as well.

I'm with you, I don't raid anymore and likely won't. I also don't see a point in people bragging over their "mad skillz" in WoW.

Also, it's pretty common that tanking and healing are the only two things in the game that aren't ez-mode. Which is why WoW irritates me some times and I'd rather play EQ2.

they need to add more depth to DPS, maybe something liek combos or something, mroe in depth than rogue combos tho, thats not really what i mean :D

all raiding is is dont step in that thing it will kill you, do not let the tank die, aka heal him, do not pull aggro, do not get too close.

but theres always a few idiots who can't do it and the frustration kills me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod