The *official* World of Warcraft topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought WoW for my wife a couple of months ago and now im hooked on it.

im a level 22 draenei warrior by the name of Banedeadpool. nice to meet you.

intoTheRain said:
Where do hunters excel? Nowhere.

And they are the most nerfed class in WotLK so far.

Huntards come in DPS wise under Warriors, Rogues, Locks, Mages, Elemental Shammies.

Actually, hunters hold the #1 dps records for every instance & raid except for the Sunwell. I also don't think they're getting "nerfed" much at all in WotLK. Quite the opposite. The only problem with hunters right now (and in WotLK), is their difficulty to play in arenas. It takes much more skill to play them effectively there compared to other classes. Even still, the top-ranked 2v2 teams have hunters on them.

LawnGnome said:
intoTheRain said:

Huntards come in DPS wise under Warriors, Rogues, Locks, Mages, Elemental Shammies.

Actually, hunters hold the #1 dps records for every instance & raid except for the Sunwell. I also don't think they're getting "nerfed" much at all in WotLK. Quite the opposite. The only problem with hunters right now (and in WotLK), is their difficulty to play in arenas. It takes much more skill to play them effectively there compared to other classes. Even still, the top-ranked 2v2 teams have hunters on them.

no, the top ranked 2v2 teams do not. look it up before you say that. I think there are about 3 out of 100 2v2 teams with hunters on them.

secondly, hunters nerfs are being looked at and it is no longer looking so bad, so im not worried anymore, and tbh i wanst too worried in the first place, just frustrated.

and thirdly, "Actually, hunters hold the #1 dps records for every instance & raid except for the Sunwell.", proof plz. where the hell did u get that info from?

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/2v2/

theres a link to the top 100 2v2 teams... 2 hunters in all.

intoTheRain said:
LawnGnome said:
intoTheRain said:

no, the top ranked 2v2 teams do not. look it up before you say that. I think there are about 3 out of 100 2v2 teams with hunters on them.

secondly, hunters nerfs are being looked at and it is no longer looking so bad, so im not worried anymore, and tbh i wanst too worried in the first place, just frustrated.

and thirdly, "Actually, hunters hold the #1 dps records for every instance & raid except for the Sunwell.", proof plz. where the hell did u get that info from?

You just proved that hunters suck at pvp, not pve. They excel in pve and do probably the most damage besides warlocks.

TheNesMan said:
intoTheRain said:
LawnGnome said:
intoTheRain said:

You just proved that hunters suck at pvp, not pve. They excel in pve and do probably the most damage besides warlocks.

yea ur right... alll these years ive listened to huntard whine and complain and be like 10-15th in damage in 25 man raids.

now that i've played one i see it's simply because they suck, and can't seem to master a SS, AS, SS, AS, SS, AS, AS, SS.. KC when it's up shot order. Huntard DPS as of right now is insane.

Sucks arcane shot and kill command are getting nerfed. And SS is now a 2 sec cast and doesn't need to be threaded with AS. So literally all a huntard will have to do in the xpac is spam SS and not even worry about timing auto shots. fuckin boring, and ghey.

meanwhile in PVP they've just gotten nerfed x10, and literally can compete with nothing at the moment minus perhaps a shaman or mage.

There was an interesting post over at the Wow site made by a Blizzard poster saying they've realized hunters have always been basically gimped in arenas and they're looking to fix that right now. It is a fine line too though for some classes. I mean, buff them in arenas, and they may be too nerfed in pve. Buff them in pve, they're too nerfed in arenas. I think they'll be working on them for arenas. Have you tried a hunter out on the PTR to see what talent changes they're making?

As for my paladins being nerfed comment - I take it back for now. Although people are whinning they're too powerful so we'll see. I have noticed that as soon as a ret paladin isn't a free kill or they do more damage than what opponents are used to, they cry for the nerf bat. I don't think Blizzard will listen this time though. A blue even stated that paladins should be right up there with the top of the dps classes if they spec ret.

All I know is come 3.0.2....I get achievements! (I was going to say I'll be going ret, but i've been ret for like five years anyways.)

Ret pallies, boomkins and feral druids shouldn't be near dps classes. Pallies and druids are hybrid classes and should do everything well, not great. Pure deeps classes like warlocks, rogues, mages and hunters should always be top dps.

TheNesMan said:
Ret pallies, boomkins and feral druids shouldn't be near dps classes. Pallies and druids are hybrid classes and should do everything well, not great. Pure deeps classes like warlocks, rogues, mages and hunters should always be top dps.

So a Blizzard employee is wrong? ~_^

"Pure" dps classes will always say druids and paladins shouldn't be near the top of the damage done.

If you spec ret you should be able to do pretty damn good damage. Just like a fury warrior should be doing good damage if he goes fury, or arms for PvP. (Then again, prot does more damage than both right now - Way to fail Blizz.)

Lethean said:
TheNesMan said:

So a Blizzard employee is wrong? ~_^

"Pure" dps classes will always say druids and paladins shouldn't be near the top of the damage done.

If you spec ret you should be abel to do pretty damn good damage. Just like a fury warrior should be doing good damage if he goes fury, or arms for PvP. (Then again, prot does more damage than both right now - Way to fail Blizz.)

if thats the case who in their right mind would roll a straight DPS class... seriously dude. they should be viable in raids, but not at the top.

why would i roll a dps class when i can roll a hybrid class and dps just as well, + heal and tank if i feel like it.

it makes no sense.

I don't think they should be top spot. I'm telling you what a blizzard employee said. I just think they should be taken on more raids.

Besides, I was third in total damage done out of 30 for our Eye of the Storm and I'm usually in the top five for AV out of all 80 players. I think ret dps is fine. The thing that needed to be changed was that we needed to be more raid friendly. (I wasn't pointing that out to have an e-peen either. I think anyone who has an epeen in WoW is an idiot. I was simply using it to illustrate my point that ret isn't bad as it stands right now - But the buff it got is a good thing.)

Like I said, don't get all over me for what a WoW dev said.

Lethean said:
I don't think they should be top spot. I'm telling you what a blizzard employee said. I just think they should be taken on more raids.

Besides, I was third in total damage done out of 30 for our Eye of the Storm and I'm usually in the top five for AV out of all 80 players. I think ret dps is fine. The thing that needed to be changed was that we needed to be more raid friendly. (I wasn't pointing that out to have an e-peen either. I think anyone who has an epeen in WoW is an idiot. I was simply using it to illustrate my point that ret isn't bad as it stands right now - But the buff it got is a good thing.)

Like I said, don't get all over me for what a WoW dev said.
u took out the part about me being edgy :D

i dunno, i guess i get frustrated, these boards aren't what they used to be but i can't stop coming back. it's a joke imo. such low traffic boards and they've got the most nazi mods ive seen anywhere.

mention something thats already been mentioned in another topic.."UHH WE HAVE ANOTHER THREAD FOR THIS ALREADY, LOCKED"

start a thread similar to another, same deal.

have some fun in a thread and get off topic, locked.

maybe my frustration towards the lulz moderation of these forums comes out in my posts, i dunno :D

GR used to be the shit.

people like mitchy slick don't help much either, although i do find his faggotry entertaining. i'd break his teeth slash his tires on his pimp ride if i knew him IRL tho

EDIT : BACK ON TOPIC, Don't want this shit to get locked!

Haha. I don't think it will get locked. I only took it out because I wasn't sure if you'd be offended by it or not. I just noticed there's this animosity towards almost...Everyone here now. I wouldn't quite call it arrogance but I don't know. And I know you're not an arrogant person, so I just was wondering what was up. I was going to send a PM instead but you read it already and posted here so fair enough :)

My stance on the closing of duplicate topics is despite there not being a lot of board traffic, it does help reduce clutter. I think it's fine if the topic is on the exact same page as the duplicate topic.

Anyways, yes - Back on topic.

Resilience and arenas killed PvP. As did farming honour for gear.

Blizzard needs to focus on arena balance instead of adding new arenas in Lich that offer "moving environments".

I'm irritated by the fact anyone can get epics now by basically doing nothing.

WoW is still an enjoyable game, but there are definitely a few gripes for me.

Speaking of which. I had two shitty instance runs yesterday. I took my paladin into a heroic SL that went horribly. The tank didn't seem to hold aggro on multiple targets and our healer kept dying. It took us like 3 hours to do. Then I took Rosa's mage (yeah, I got her hooked on WoW) into ZF and the tank didn't know to apply sunders and he took too long marking targets, not to mention our rogue wanted to pick the pockets of every. sing. mob. Oh and we wiped on the divino matic rod event because someone aggroed the boss when the trash was still up, we were feared into a group of elites that weren't cleared. PuGs FTW!

We did take over the SM AH and bank though and level Crossroads and PvP in Orgrimmar for a bit though.

Wow. Talk about TLDR.

Lethean said:
I'm irritated by the fact anyone can get epics now by basically doing nothing.

as of right now, this won't be the case in the xpac. well i dunno about badges but i know arenas are running on rating not points. blues for anything under 1650 i believe, level 2 epic set for 1650-1850, and level 3 for anything above i believe.. something like that anyway

Lethean said:
ZF PuGs SM AH TLDR.

somewhere there is a warcraft to english dictionary right? i know this is how a lot of people talk in mmo's apparently, but wow is my first and ive only been playing about a month or so.

still learning. :(

intoTheRain said:
mention something thats already been mentioned in another topic.."UHH WE HAVE ANOTHER THREAD FOR THIS ALREADY, LOCKED"

Look baby, we have a lot more users than we did "back in the day". If we didn't crack down on dupe topics we would have OMG 10 TOPICS ABOUT DARK KNIGHT OMG.

It isn't a knock on you when a topic gets closed, you were just too fucking slow.

So stfu and enjoy yourself.

Edit: Gawd. Lrn2quote Stal! >_>

Paradox said:
Lethean said:
ZF PuGs SM AH TLDR.

somewhere there is a warcraft to english dictionary right? i know this is how a lot of people talk in mmo's apparently, but wow is my first and ive only been playing about a month or so.

still learning. :(

Sorry. SM = Silvermoon, Blood Elf Capitol City.

ZF - Zul'Farrak, a level 43-48 instance in Tanaris.

AH - Auction Hall

TLDR - Too long, didn't read.

Lrn2read >.<

Of course when I decide to start playing WoW again, they release a huge patch that causes the servers to be down longer than usual. :/

FrozenBacon said:
Of course when I decide to start playing WoW again, they release a huge patch that causes the servers to be down longer than usual. :/

Lol..The funny thing is lately the servers have been up right on time or a little before. I think MMOs don't like you for all the cheating you've done on each of them. You whore. STICK WITH ONE! You tease them for a week, tickle them where they like to be tickled, and then find another flight of fancy!

Lethean said:
FrozenBacon said:

Lol..The funny thing is lately the servers have been up right on time or a little before. I think MMOs don't like you for all the cheating you've done on each of them. You whore. STICK WITH ONE! You tease them for a week, tickle them where they like to be tickled, and then find another flight of fancy!

3.0 baby this is the expansion patch that renders my huntard useless in arenas, but epic in pve :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod