So watch dogs

I'll be honest, Dan, I'm surprised you didn't grade it higher.

After all, you like Assassin's Creed 3.

I have yet to play it, but as far as open world GTA-type games go, its gimmick feels weak.

It's just so insanely overhyped and overrated. It might not be a particularly bad game, but it's just GTA5 but subtly worse in every single way. The graphics are entirely average for a 'next-gen' game, the gameplay is pretty fun initially but repetitive and the physics are neither realistic nor fun, putting them in an awkward position. The plot isn't all that original either, but considering its almost-certain-to-happen setting that isn't all surprising.

The PC version is also a let down. It's like they ported the Xbone version in 5 minutes and then released it. Already had a day 1 patch, that makes everything worse, and if you have an older nvidia card or an AMD one you get to have a whole lotta fun trying to make the thing run.

It's just an entirely average game. In 2 months, i bet you'll deeply regret that 4.5 score and agree it's more like a 3.5. It's like Mass Effect 2, seems pretty good at release but in retrospect it's actually a giant turd.

Oh yeah, and if you actually bought the game?
You get to eat a dick, apparently.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/38026/wat ... index.html

And once again we find out the pirate version is the superior one. You go ubisoft!

Master_Craig said:
I loved Mass Effect 2. :(
Bah, it was a massive step down from 1 and they reversed more or less everything they did with 2 for 3, which is a vastly better game despite the ending. ME2 is a result of EA going 'Look at all that money CoD is making! BE MORE LIKE THAT', so it's generic 3rd person shooter #6144 with a Mass Effect story slapped on the front.

UghRochester said:
I don't think madster knows Dan's review is on PSLS, while Nick Tan's is GR's.
Nick reads the forums every now and then

^ Gonna be a bit off topic, but I guess I just enjoyed Mass Effect 2 so much because I really liked the overall storyline. While the game did become more action/shooter than RPG (which at first did leave a sour taste in my mouth) I began to appreciate and enjoy the simpler approach. Maybe that makes me a dumb arse but I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed that game. I'm quite happy to agree to disagree though. :p

As for Watch Dogs... I find as I play it, I'm not really caring at all about the storyline. I seem to do a lot of side missions, mostly the gang hide outs and stuff.

ew its on uplay lol. basically seals the deal i won't play this game. at least till i get a next gen some day. thought nothing could be worse than Origin until I tried UPlay, boy was I wrong. Origin is amazing now.

I don't get why these multi bazillion dollar companies can't just have their programs run like Steam.

happy with my Wii U for now.

UghRochester said:
Are you talking about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEn83Hn ... ure=gp-n-y
My tips for not being identified is try to move slowly like the AI bots and do what they do. Noticed I stopped my car as well.

Yes, I am. I thought that was a great move at the end where you jumped into another parked car. I think you're right, had he been on the street, he would have guessed you to be the car holding up traffic. I definitely would.

I had a good laugh when you hit those posts in the beginning :p

Yup. Still waiting on the pc patch this is supposed to fix the game. Currently the engine tries to pile itself onto my 8th core. If I turn off the cpu affinity for that core then the game properly threads itself across the remaining cores.

To anybody who would like to try it open your task manager. Under the processes tab right click on watchdogs.exe and click Set Affinity.

I'm noticing a drop of framerates here and there, but it's not ruining my experience. I'm done with the cTOS towers and bases, so now I'm actually working on the campaign. The stream was great quality, right MattAY? MattAY!?

The driving mechanics and physics aren't too crash hot, I'll agree with madster11 on that one. Everything else seems to play okay, but sometimes there are some silly bugs and moments as seen in all open world games.

Example - doing a gang hide out side mission, I'm trying to sneak up to the target to take him out with melee, he starts randomly climbing up boxes/containers. I climb up one container, he hears me, turns around and shoots me dead while I'm still climbing. God damn it.

When I say "climbing", he was literally walking up giant boxes as if they were stairs. :/

The driving mechanics and physics aren't too crash hot, I'll agree with madster11 on that one. Everything else seems to play okay, but sometimes there are some silly bugs and moments as seen in all open world games.

Example - doing a gang hide out side mission, I'm trying to sneak up to the target to take him out with melee, he starts randomly climbing up boxes/containers. I climb up one container, he hears me, turns around and shoots me dead while I'm still climbing. God damn it.

When I say "climbing", he was literally walking up giant boxes as if they were stairs. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle