Do you keep your shoes on in your home?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It varies

• Total voters
I was wondering if people take their shoes off inside their home. I thought about this because I had a friend visit me at my apartment and he asked if he should take off his shoes because he saw me doing that as soon as I got in the apartment (I had to go outside to let him in since it's a gated apartment complex).

Anyways while thinking about that, I vaguely remember hearing or reading something about how Americans generally don't take off their shoes in the house while people in other countries do.

I always take off my shoes when in my apartment or visiting someones house. However, when I was still living at my parents house I varied between having my shoes off and on.

It seems on TV shows no one ever takes their shoes off in their home.. which has always made me wonder if that is normal in the US.

Good thread.

I always take my shoes off in the apartment. And I feel rude if I don't take my shoes off in other people's places too. I do wear slippers in my apartment at times though.

Home is for relaxation and personal freedom and comfort. If you still keep your shoes on, you're a hopelessly wound up person.
No shoes for me. :)

Almost always off. Unless my feet may smell, which they can do after a long day on them. If I feel there is a chance they do I leave them on. But that's 1/100 times. The other 99 the first thing I do when I walk in the door is take them off. Comfort is key at home.

Also if my friends see me do it they tend to follow the example and remove theirs too. This means that less dirt gets tracked through my living room. Always a plus

intoTheRain said:
Good thread

I'm working on getting my "summer feet", so I've been eschewing regular shoe wearing habits as of late. Soon they'll be all calloused and ready for action.

Not only do I not wear shoes in my house, but I generally slip them off in my college's library and auditorium as well.

I try to make sure no one sees me do it...>_>

I take my shoes off next to my bed. And I only take them off at someone's house if asked. Otherwise, I don't take my shoes off unless I'm going to be there overnight, or something.

Neither do I ask anyone to take their shoes off in my house. I usually just tell them to wipe their feet. That's what the mat is there for. I don't want their.....terrible foot odor...fowling my air.

Speaking of which, I love air. Air is good.

Lol I always have them off in my own house but usually keep them on everywhere else.

This reminds me of a curb your enthusiasm episode

Allways off. It just feels wrong using shoes at someones house. I've made few exceptions when the house is really really dirty. (don't spill wine and tobacco all around your house grandpa!)

If i'm not going out anytime soon I'll take them off, if people come round they take them off or if they're just stopping by, they will not take them off. The End.

The basic etiquette here is to wear slippers in the home. The host is also expected to provide slippers for guests.

That said, my current apartment has floor heating, so I'm not wearing anything on my feet unless I have guests over. I also wash my feet before I leave and when I arrive home, so odour is not a problem.

Did anyone else click this topic thinking it would be related to when having sex with a lady? No?

Just me then.

No btw. I'm a shoes off kinda guy....To both.

Flip-flops usually. But they broke recently so I've converted to socks. I dont like bare feet, for some reason I think if I walk around bare foot, I'd be damaging my feet.

Customs in Denmark is off indoor at private houses.
But everywhere else people keep them on. In school, etc etc.

But is it a custom or not that people might keep their shoes on when being home in US? None really answered this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod