Dreams

Lately, I've been having really trippy dreams.

Normally when I have dreams, I can barely remember them... I've been sick this week with the flu and strangely, every night I remember my dreams exactly the way they went, like a recorded video or something. Normally I just remember my dreams as sort of "bits and pieces" but this week since I got sick? I remember them exactly how they went.

As dodgy as it sounds, lately I've had dreams about someone I haven't spoken to in a while, a girl who was a friend of mine and we tried dating but er, didn't work - the dreams aren't anything weird or sexual, but it's just like... hanging out and talking. I'm starting to wonder - is that my mind trying to tell me that I miss this person?

I once had a dream about work and my chair was like, floating in the office, everyone including me was totally cool with it, like it was normal.

I'm going to resurrect this old topic partly so we can stroll down memory lane and also because I had one of those grand dreams last night that's stuck with me all day.

In the dream, I'm gathered with my family. We're all freaking out and scared because we know we're all going to die soon. Due to reasons I don't know or don't remember, Jupiter was torn from its orbit and was on a collision course with Earth. As it got closer we felt lighter and the tides rose due to its gravitation pull. When it finally arrived it got smaller, like Mars sized (I don't know why because dreams). Some of my friends were sitting in lawn chairs in front of a lake drinking beer just waiting. My family and I were standing on a lawn when I saw the planet come though the clouds and hit on the horizon. I knew this was it. I was afraid to die. We saw the blast wave coming towards us and out of instinct tried to run to a nearby building. And then I was in the air flying above the building caught in the blast. I was being whipped around like a leaf in the wind. I couldn't breath because of powerful winds and water being blown in my face. All I could hear was a deep rumble and howling. I could see the ground below me crumbling into fire and lava. Despite all this, I was struggling to stay alive, but then the winds blew me into a magma plume and I woke up sweating and my heart pounding.

I've had dreams where the Moon fell to Earth before, but I've always woke up before being hit with the destruction. This dream felt so damn real and powerful and played all the way to a terrifying conclusion. I've been distracted all day long playing it over and over in my head and finally felt the need to drag up this old topic to write it out.

I rarely, if ever, die in my dreams. I almost always wake up just before. It can be disconcerting to die and then wake up.

So any of you guys had any interesting dreams lately?

Wow, that sounds intense. I get pissed off when I have an intense dream and wake up sweating etc. I'm just like, "wtf brain?!"

I had a bit of a weird dream last night. I basically went on a trip with my gf (couldnt remember where), and we got there only to hear about a serial killer was roaming in the village we stayed in. We thought to stay inside and I just looked around my hotel room due to boredom. And when doing so, I found little clues like a bloody knife, and a bus ticket with the murder scene place on it. So I go to my gf and shes in the bathroom hacking away at a dead body, only to say "oh hi honey". I look in the tub, and for some reason it's Pewdiepie's (youtuber) head decapitated!!

Then my alarm went off.

.....wtf brain?

I've had similar dreams about the end of the world, Paradox. Mine usually make sense, though, and end either with me being safe, or with a cliffhanger.
MattAY said:
Pewdiepie's (youtuber) head decapitated!!
PewDiePie. Coincidence? I thhhhink not.

I used to have terrifying dreams about a nuclear holocaust. Really, really unpleasant. I can't remember if I actually died in any of them, or just woke up because seeing the mushroom clouds and knowing it was all over no matter what was so god damned terrifying.

God damn, Paradox. Those are some intense dreams. Same with MattAY's dream, actually.

I remember one really messed up dream I had when I was a kid. When I was about seven years old and at the time, it was reported that a serial killer had escaped from the prison and was on the run from police - this wasn't the dream, this was actually happening at the time in reality.

This guy murdered a few people. I remember it was all over the news. They got the guy eventually and it didn't take them long, but I remember having a dream where I woke up really early in the morning and I heard noises outside my house. I looked outside and right underneath the mail box were two heads, no bodies and a lot of blood. The worst part was they were the heads of relatives of mine, although I can't remember who, to be honest. I woke up crying and screaming and my mum came rushing in. It's the only time I've ever woke up from a dream that distressed.

I've never actually "died" in my dreams either. Every time I have a dream where there I "die" I wake up, like... as soon as it occurs.

I can't really remember any recent dreams. Since that dream I just mentioned is really gross and kinda scary, I'll list down a more fun, not so scary dream of mine.

I had a dream where I was at a friend's house, and we were like "Let's go to the video store". We left the house and then suddenly, my vision became a 'camera', which panned out and became third person, behind me like a video game. We got into the bus, "I'll drive" I said. Then I was driving the bus and it felt like Grand Theft Auto. I was also drifting the bus, which should be kind of impossible, but I was doing it.

I had a super weird dream last night.

I had a dream I was hanging out with my dad and some other relatives. We were all at the local shopping centre. Then we got a call from mum telling us to go to another shopping centre, so we all get out and get to the cars, I jump in the car with my dad and he's driving.

So we're all driving and one of our relatives driving is falling behind, so for some reason we spin the car around and start driving backwards, as if to keep an eye on him. Once he catches up to us, dad goes "I know this car isn't supposed to do this" and he spins the car forward and we slide across the road for a while. Eventually dad regains control and we're going as normal. Dad looks at me and says "Don't tell your mother."

Then I woke up.

Lol oh man my dream was so sappy. Wish I could go back to 2012 and shake myself over that broken heart. But hey at least there were zombies :p

My new dream however trumps everyone else's. Because it was a GR dream. Yes, I know...

There was a GR convention meetup in NYC and you were all there. Urban was DJing, there was an open bar, and Matt brought Asian dancers??? Hahaha.

It was awesome.

Shit, all of us in a room together. What's the over-under on how long it takes an orgy to break out?

I actually remember a topic from about 10 years or so ago where we played out a GR meeting. I remember there was the A-Team van, but with the logo of one of the groups that was around back then on it. I was driving because so many of the posters back then were still teenagers and kids and I could buy beer. Damn, have we really all grown old here?

Yeah, we've grown old Paradox.

I first discovered GameRevolution back when it was mainly a cheat site, back in 1999 when I was eleven years old. I signed up to GameRevolution in 2006 when I was eighteen. I only started posting on the forums in 2008 when I was twenty. Now I'm twenty six.

I feel so old.

By the way WickedLiquid - that's an epic dream.

I first found the forums around 97 or 98 trying to find info on the yet to released Ocarina of Time (holy crap you guys, look at Link, he's in 3D!). GR was my go-to news site for games and cheats thereafter.

I didn't start using the forums until 2002 when I had a question about a GTA 3 mission I was stuck on. Back then, the majority of all the posters where literally mostly teenagers and kids. Enough so, that as a guy in his early twenties, at times I felt weird posting stuff with all the young'ns. But at times it was fun to lord over my 'superiority' (I'm married so I have sex, I drink beer, be jealous).

Now I'm 34, still one of the older ones here. All the young ones have grown and some have kids of their own. And I'm still here, stuck around all these years because despite all the changes the boards went through, old faces leaving, new faces coming in, I love the community and comradery that I find at GR.

Didn't mean to take the dream topic into a tangent. Sometimes I end up typing more than I intend to.

God damn Paradox...

Sobeautiful.gif

Haha MattAY.

Back on topic though, had a cool dream last night where I was really into this chick who was hot. Long curly red hair, nice cans, round firm butt, beautiful legs. But then my old boss had her go into a room with him alone and shut the door. I was so pissed at him in my dream and felt really down because I liked this chick.

And then it's the next day and I see her in a parking lot wearing a bikini. She's like, 'all he did was give me a tattoo' and showed me a tattoo of an old 80s style brick phone on her left butt check. She grinned at me and said 'why don't you go ahead and pick up the phone?'. I obliged by grabbing a handful of that ass.

She then gave me a key that she said will open any door to anything. We went to these apartments and she just walked through the doors Kitty Pryde-style. I used the key and followed her in. On a shelf was all kinds of cool comics and books. I was just about to start taking them when my alarm woke me up. Stupid alarm.

I had a weird dream last night. I had a dream that I was trying to solve a murder mystery. It was so weird.

It was a very typical 1940's/50's noire kinda thing. I actually saw the murder happen (but I didn't see it myself... it was kinda like "PREVIOUSLY ON CRAIG'S DREAM") and I saw some guy get shot in a street alley at night, it was raining and his blood went down a nearby sewerage hole... then it was day time/morning suddenly, a crime scene was set up and there were all these cops around. I rocked up and I was wearing like... a detective outfit, basically. And I tried to solve the murder.

I also had a daughter and no wife/girlfriend so I was typically a single father detective. :p

I had a dream where I was talking to a vampire and told him I didn't want to be immortal because of the movie Highlander. He hadn't seen it, so I told him he had to.

I need to stop watching Twilight.

Had one last night where some evil scientist opened a giant wormhole that Earth passed through and got put into orbit around Jupiter (why is that planet featuring prominently in my dreams lately?). The sky was filled with an expansive view of it's swirling clouds and big red spot. Scary, but a cool sight to see. The dream then shifted to me walking through a department store. There was some kind of product promotion going on with Wil Wheaton. He had long hair, a scraggly beard and was kinda spazing out. We shook hands as I told him I'm a fan. And that's all I really remember.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod