• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
3 Questions.

Would you buy a PS3 for MGS4?

Would you buy a PS3 for home?

Would you buy a PS3 for blu-ray?

If the answers no to all 3, get the elite :p

Also, not to bash the PS3, but really, I'm sick of hearing about blu-ray in relation to games.

PC games, even cutting edge ones, are coming in at around 7-10Gb still, so explain to me why blu-ray is necessary? Despite what people think, I doubt the PS3 is going to get past Crysis-on-a-maxed-out-pc quality graphics. And the only reason Konami couldnt fit MGS4 on a 50Gig is probably because there will be about 50 hours of cut-scenes (not ripping MGS4, its going to make me buy a PS3)

Yes, I know PC's can "install" so things can be more compressed, but still, have you really seen any game on PS3 (or do you really think you will) that looks like it has that much more content in it than a 360 game that they had to use a blu-ray? WHat I mean is, has there been any PS3 game (or any planned for the future yet) that look like they are so densly packed that they needed 50Gig? Mass Effect needed less than 9Gb, as did Bioshock, Halo 3, GoW and every other 360 game. You show me a PS3 game that has 5-6 times more content (gameplay wise/in-game grapihcs/world wise I mean, it's easy to fill 50Gb with high-def cut scenes) than a 360 game.

Just saying.

madster111 said:
It represents the Ring of light on the front.

Really? That seems kinda strange to me, naming a system for a feature in it's case design? I would have thought 360 came from some technical aspect.

zionprophecy said:
So now its going to be dcided by whos logo is cooler?
lol..

My, how have we fallen.

And I would say the 360, because I own one. If that makes me a microsoft fanboy, then fine.

MrMilad said:
You show me a PS3 game that has 5-6 times more content (gameplay wise/in-game grapihcs/world wise I mean, it's easy to fill 50Gb with high-def cut scenes) than a 360 game.
Well you won't have to wait long for that. :wink:

"The night is still young."

There are 360 games that take up more then one disk aren't there? There is nothing wrong with having extra disk space with blu-ray.

In most cases it will allow discs to carry alternative soundtracks, like having the original jap voice actors for RPGs with subtitles (a preference of many). Not so for MGS4...somehow the disc is full without including that.

I still prefer the 360, but don't downplay blu-ray it's a benefit for games and movies.

If you want to play HD movies on a crappy, expensive format, buy the damn PS3.
if you want to play games, stop contemplating and buy the Elite.

skullreaper said:
Longo_2_guns said:
PS3.
Four words: Red Ring of Death.
ive had my 360 for over a year and i still havnt had the so called (ring of death) so you cant really make that argument
Oh, one person hasn't gotten it. That makes all my evidence is useless because you haven't gotten it.

What is the current failure percentage? I've heard 16%, but I doubt that. The only people who know for sure is Microsoft, and it would be suicide to release those numbers.

JCD said:
^The Elite is much less likely to have a major hardware failure though.
So we've been told. The Elite is still new, and there's the possibility that it will still RROD given some time.

De-Ting said:
JCD said:
So we've been told. The Elite is still new, and there's the possibility that it will still RROD given some time.

the elites been out for quite sometime now, if we were going to hear about major consle failure it would be about now thatthe stories would be getting out, and yet we havent heard anything.

jc00l said:
De-Ting said:
JCD said:

the elites been out for quite sometime now, if we were going to hear about major consle failure it would be about now thatthe stories would be getting out, and yet we havent heard anything.
Still, there's plenty of people who were confident their 360 wouldn't fail after over a year of it working, and suddenly it did.

^I believe the 360 elite has a failure rate that is around the same as that of the PS3.

De-Ting said:
jc00l said:
De-Ting said:
JCD said:

Still, there's plenty of people who were confident their 360 wouldn't fail after over a year of it working, and suddenly it did.

yeah but we had heard about the huge failures early infact it was less then a week in when people started complaining of melted discs, overheating, and failure. all i have heard of the elites is less over heating and less RRoD. infact in the news stories on the the main page here at GR i could see a headline reading "Elites still havent solved RRoD"
but i still have not seen one.

You know, the best console to get is none at all. PC's are far superior, save up and get a gaming rig.

JCD said:
You know, the best console to get is none at all. PC's are far superior, save up and get a gaming rig.

I have one. That wasn't what the fucking topic was about. If I wanted a "gaming rig" I would have posted it as an option.

Thanks for being no help at all.

StalfrosCC said:
JCD said:

I have one. That wasn't what the f****** topic was about. If I wanted a "gaming rig" I would have posted it as an option.

Thanks for being no help at all.
pwnt.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod