which do you prefer?

• Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft Xbox 360

• Nintendo Wii

• Total voters
I guess this topic can now be made with a foundation, based on the press conferences of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo and the E3 displays which company impressed you most? Which are you most excited about? Cast aside your fanboyishness and give respect (and your vote) where it's due. This poll is just for E3 performance, not predictions of how well you think each will sell nor the preferences of close-minded fanboys.

Well, for me it's the Wii. For years I've been a devout Sony guy, and suddenly I'm on Nintendo's side. I never thought that happen. Never.

Yes, the PS3 is bound to be the coolest (in terms of features and specs) console out there. It probably will also have some very kick-ass games, but the price tag simply turned me off

The 360 just bores me.

The Wii is just so innovative. When I think of the possibilities that the Wii can provide, I almost cream myself. Feature-wise it can't be that much worse than the PS3, and the Wii will probably be a lot cheaper, around $299-350 (hopefully).

Still, this will certainly be a very interesting console cycle.

Let the console wars begin!

Mircrosoft was boring, because they had few killer apps this year.Only GTA 4 and possibly Crysis looked great, and its nice to see Halo 3 officially announced, but the lack of other stuff was boring.

Sony did a good job showcasing the strong specs of the system, but they also nearly shot themselves with the high price of it, and following the footsteps of the 360 with the dual launch of 2 systems. There game lineup was really nice, with MGS and FF making apperances, so nothing wrong with that, but I was really pissed at the new controller. Yes, its a LOT better than the boomerang thing from last year, but it is also nothing new and really unorigonal. Going the safe road here is something I don't like, because the times are changing, and we can't use the same controller over and over. It may work great, and appeal to the Sony fans, but I am not impressed.

Wii, was really interesting. They showcased the final models, and gave some nice speculations which we have wanted to know. We now know Zelda is a launch and that it is also on the Cube, and they launch on Wii's launch day, which is still not known yet. We also know a number of the games that are going to be there at launch, Red Steel, Metroid Prime: Corruption, WiiSports, and a lot of other goodies like Project H.A.M.M.E.R and Super Mario Galaxy, and Warioware, and the other games there. How many are launches I don't know, but it is nice to see a lot of stuff from 3rd parties at Nintendo. Finally, the demonstration via Tennis was awesome, and that guy was a lucky man to play doubles with Reggie, Iwata and Mr. Miyamoto. On the downside, I am pissed that they didn't tell us price or launch date. I also wish Zelda, that is no longer exclusive gamecube, would just drop the cube version all togeather.

Overall, Nintendo had the best confrence hands down. The Wii is dominating the press because of it's innovation, and I am glad, because Nintendo is starting to gain steam after over 10 years as 2nd wing.

Since the MS conference is still going, between Wii and PS3 I choose Wii. On gamefaqs most were put off by SOny stealing once again one of nintendo's innovations and their spokesman acted like they created it first. Not only that most of the conference was boring and the only saving graces were the MGS4 trailer and FFXIII trailer which didn't even show gameplay. WIi on the other hand showed gameplay, didn't focus on graphics, and revealed alot of details on MP3, Red Steel, and Zelda TP.

The Wii really came to play at their conference. It was interesting to watch, not to mention, sony stole yet another idea.

I agree with everyone else on this one. I haven't been considering the PS3 at all because of the price, and the Xbox 360 is pretty boring overall.

But I'm excited for the Wii. It's clear that there's going to be some good games for it upon its release, and it's also clear that 3rd party developers are taking interest in it, which is a huge plus. As of now, the Wii is way up there for me.

Definitly the Wii.

I found Nintendo's and Microsoft's confernces entertaining, but outside a few key game videos (FFXIII & MGS4) Sony's was boring....and just didn't seem as well prepared. I know this is meant to be an industry only type event so it's not really designed to be exciting to the mainstream public but in terms of putting on a show MS and Nintendo just did a lot better....although i've yet to see the later half of MS's confirence so maybe it just falls apart or something.

But anyway, how long did Sony want us to spend watching Grand Turismo cars go around on demo mode...sure the game is pretty and yes it's in real time but he's not even playing the game we are just looking at tracks for 10 minutes.

I can see why some people may not have been as excited by MS's confernce...as they didn't have any new system to show or anything but there does seem to be a lot of intersting games coming out for the system this year and it was great to see what was in store as a 360 owner myself.

But the Wii took the show for me, so many great examples of how to use the controller...plus Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario and Metriod all this far along in development? *drools*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod