Seriously though (360 elite vs PS3)

What for me to choose?

• Xbox 360 Elite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its not ignorant whatsoever, if your deciding on buying a system then whats being sold over there right now really has no bearing on yoru decision since you dont have access to them yet. It could be months or a year before you see that title that your waiting for from there. Or you might not even see it at all. So thats why i say take a look at whats happening over here and whats out here first.
It does have a bearing on the market overe but with how new the systems are and all the maybes and what ifs floating around with some companies, i think you should reallly just take a look on what we have over here mainly.
Theres thousands of titles that are produced over there that never see the light of day here, hence why i say take into account whats OUT right now or at least 100% confirmed, first then decide. Thats my opinion, im not ignorant and niether is someone who thinks diffferently then me lol. This is how i've bought systems. Im not going to buy a system cause theres news that Earthbound is coming out in 2 years for that system, im gonna buy it for what games i see in the store that i can play right now and enjoy.

You may not like the franchises but at the umpteenth installment it is undeniable that both have found a place in both markets...and I simply chose those franchises because they were the first to come to mind but there are obviously many others that transcend markets.

Your right with what youve said, i dont know i think ps3 will be the leader again, just for now and maybe some time its going to stay as xbox....

Fair enough. Don't take the ignorant statement too personally. It is used to signify a lack of knowledge regarding the two industries and their history of interactions not necessarily your opinion as a whole.

FANBOY WAR!

maury.jpg

Now that is what I'm talkin' about baby!

If you decide to get a 360, that's fine, because you'll have some stuff to keep you busy.

But if you don't have enough money to get a PS3 later this year, you're going to get bored pretty fast methinks.

I may sound like a fan boy but I at least try to stay objective. Sh*t I just got a PS3 I gotta justify my purchase.

De-Ting said:
But if you don't have enough money to get a PS3 later this year, you're going to get bored pretty fast methinks.

It isn't a question of having enough money. It is a question of why do I need two consoles when it looks like the only thing one is going to offer me over the other is BlueRay movies.

Now. Something that nobody brought up so far is the 360's Streaming Media capability with Windows Media Center. I can stream HD movies that I store on my PC to my HDTV- just like an the apple TV thing.

And I can do it pretty seamlessly too. Does the PS3 have that going for it?

You are all forgetting the following:
120gb HDD..obviously bigger than ANY PS3.
Downloadable High def movies, Xbox original games, new game content and full 1080p HD support
If you want to play games, and have a fast internet connection, you can get 1080p movies, and play that 'video game' thing.

The PS3 has lost on so many levels, only MGS4 can save it..and what happens if you don't like MGS?

I would go and get a visa to get ps3 ONLY if somehow they brought back another Suikoden game. I own all of them and honestly, still play suikoden 1 from PS1.

The PS3 can do all the stuff that "Madster" listed. Check the historical Manifestos there's one that explains how to stream the HD video through the PS3. I have a PS3 and my roomate has a 360. At the end of the day you may want to consider getting the cheapest 360 with a hardrive and getting a 40gig PS3. They are both great systems but I feel like my PS3 is more like a computer than a gaming system at times. If the 360 had a browser I would definetly had gotten one. But once again it is your choice and you really shouldn't care to much about HDD because they can be upgraded on both systems. At the end of the day, if you really just want to play great games and have a good online experience go with the 360 but if you want more of a "jack of all trades master of none" go with the PS3. You really can't go wrong with either system.

StalfrosCC said:
It isn't a question of having enough money. It is a question of why do I need two consoles when it looks like the only thing one is going to offer me over the other is BlueRay movies.
Yes, you do.
Trust me, I know.

Blu-ray movies, and Blu-ray games.

Note that with developers using the full capacity of Blu-ray discs, amazing games like Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MGS4, GT5, "Super Game 2009," and Final Fantasy XIII are made possible.

Sure, we can't quite predict the future, but we have more reason to believe these games are going to kick epic arse than not.

^We also have reason to believe that Condemned 2, Dark Sector, Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, Halo Wars, R6 Vegas 2, Alan Wake, Banjo-Kazooie, Huxley, Splinter Cell Conviction, Left 4 Dead, Theseis, Project Offset, Warhound, Gears of War 2, The Crossing, Far Cry 2, Force Unleashed, Prototype, Saints Row 2 etc. etc. will be pretty epic. They may not all be 360 exclusive, but the current trend shows that games tend to be better on the 360.

JCD said:
They may not all be 360 exclusive, but the current trend shows that games tend to be better on the 360.
Give some examples.

I know Oblivion looks and loads better on the PS3, and Dynasty Warriors 6 loads better, and games allow you to preinstall like DMC4 on the PS3.

And don't make me make a full PS3 list.

Based on the war so far, I've spent a LOT more time playing the 360. My 360 library is games is a lot bigger while my PS3 barely gets any use at all.

And since your new to the 360, those games are still there for you to pick and experience.

I would say there are more games on the PS3 I'm excited for in the future though, however why buy a console now for something that may disappoint? If they all turn out awesome, great, pick up a PS3 then it'll be cheaper anyway.

There's enough awesome 360 games out there to justify the purchase now.

De-Ting said:
JCD said:
They may not all be 360 exclusive, but the current trend shows that games tend to be better on the 360.
Give some examples.

I know Oblivion looks and loads better on the PS3, and Dynasty Warriors 6 loads better, and games allow you to preinstall like DMC4 on the PS3.

And don't make me make a full PS3 list.

Oblivion should load better given the amount of extra time they had to develop it for the PS3 and if it does look better then it's only marginally so.

As for the games coming out, Sony consoles have always had a staggeringly vast library of games but around 80-90% of them haven't been worth mentioning.

Sam

Don' make me make a full 360 list. My point is, there is no sense in arguing about the PS3's gaming future, since the 360 still has a better one. Work off the PS3s strengths to convince Stal. Remember, it's all in the hips, it's all in the hips.
chubbs.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod