Seriously though (360 elite vs PS3)

What for me to choose?

• Xbox 360 Elite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am still in the market for either or.

I am not getting both because I don't need both.

Which one should I choose. I want to hear the best arguments form the most hardcore of the fanboys.

(Sam, don't close this one- this one r serious).

I only closed the other topic because you said it could be. As for the consoles it depends what you want. Do you want high def films as well as gaming? If so then PS3 is probably the best choice right now (even though I reckon a Blu-ray drive will be released for 360 soon). If high def movies aren't a big deal to you then the 360 would be back in the running and to be honest I think it's more of a personal preference at this stage, 360 has exclusives like Halo, the upcoming Halo Wars and Mass Effect (and Mass Effect's sequels that are coming up), and BioShock too. On the other hand PS3 has its own share of exclusives but I only know of MGS4 because I don't follow PS3 games. Most games are going to be multi-platform though so your choice should depend on your personal opinion of the exclusives.

Sam

Xbox 360 elite pwns PS3's online because: players like longo.
besides, most elites don't have the problem due to enhanced cooling.

I'm tempted to offer the rebuttal of 'players like madster' but it would be counter productive.

Sam

Here's for reasoning.

The 360 is basically at it's climax. It's not going to get any better. It has some good exclusives now and a couple being made. Then you have to question where you're going to go after that. There's even talk about a new XBox by 2010. It'd give you about 2 good years of gaming.

Then you must look at the PS3. It has a ton of stuff going on for it right now. Some good exclusives are already out, which you can see for yourself, and the future holds many more. Things like MGS4 were the developers say that 50gigs of Blu-ray disc space isn't enough makes me wonder just how incredible these games are going to be. Plus, you have to look at things like PS HOME and the new ways people are going to use the Eye.

So, it all comes down to that if you want now, get a 360. If you want now and later, get a PS3.

the amazing bit is that PS3 fanboys seem to weigh their entire console on MGS4

they don't even take into consideration someone out there might not give a fuck about metal gear, dont get me wrong, I appreciate what it does, but it ranks among halo in the "why the fuck does everyone shit themselves over this game" category

Mikey we can break it down this way, if you plan to play online ever, it's looking like xbox 360 wont be dethroned (yes calm down kids, I know you can play on ps3's online network, but we're talking about not fucking yourself in the skull to do so)

if you want a large existing library, looks like for now, 360 is the game console of choice, mainly because it had a head start, but lets be honest I keep hearing childreen scream about the exclusive titles on the sony, than they list motorstorm, which while a fun game, is hardly a killer app

you bust it down like this, 360 owners enjoy a slew of above average titles, with a few dashes of incredible games, such as mass effect and forza (yeah throw up GT5 because so far, it's still the same as 3 just with in car now)

where as the ps3 has a slew of mediocre games, with, if you're to believe the hype, will be a promising future of explosive killer apps (again I've only really heard about MGS4 but hey, i'm sure theres some out there)

WHen you look at it from my point, the best bang for my buck with the limited time I get is the 360, i get what i want, online games are easy, and if you check out IGN or GT, you see the 360 even looks slightly better and runs slightly smoother on many cross platform games

if you want motorstorm.. yeah that doesn't show on a 360, they got the 360 fan boys there, but the price of a ps3 is just too much to invest in maybes

I think the 360, i feel that its just more user friendly overall, online is fun, easy too, and the games have a larger variety.
PS2 was the system for RPG's i found, and Xbox was for multiplayer arcade styled fun, though it did have some good RPG's (KOTOR etc.).
But now the 360 seems to be the one bringing out a nice wide range of games, its kinda a no brainer to grab it, but who knows what the ps3 will bring down in the next year or few months.

I dunno personal opinion plus a few stats on the systems and games to show kinda make me lean towards the 360.

The 360 if you want FPS and a great online environment. PS3 if you want FPS, RPGs, and a great multimedia experience. Also note that Sony is more lenient with what they let third party developers put on there system. This is not so, for Microsoft who must approve all titles before release on 360 possibly limiting the variance in games to what the current selling trend is. Don't get me wrong Sony does the same but not to the same degree. As you can see Sony has been coming out with a lot of FPSs to accomadate the North Amercian gamers but also a lot of RPGs for the Asian industry. Microsoft chooses to focus on the North American industry and release games taiilored as such but have yet to adapt to the Asian market. Taking that into consideration Sony is creating games for two different markets succesfully which can later be ported between market sectors. This is why people look forward to this explosion of killer apps from Sony in the future. We often compare all of the North American titles but forget the many successful titles being created in the Asian Market. In essence Sony's game library is larger than what is reviewed on GR and released in the states and like the PS2 I believe many of these games will end up in both markets creating a more extensive and varied library in the long run.

I think controllers are worthy of note too. Even many PS fans have agreed that the 360 controller is better. It's still a matter of personal taste, but I much prefer it.

I love the 360 controller.
But to shandogs comment:

It doens't matter whats sold in Asia, it matters what's sold here, unless you import games and can speak or read said language then to be honest unless they come here they shouldn't really be mentioned. Microsoft is putting out some games for both sides of gaming, for the hardcore fan, and the casual gamer. Ps3 i think will eventually become the bigger and better system but for now...Xbox is the winner.

I see it as a matter of Tried and Tested vs. New and Risky. Sony has won a round already with BluRay and seeing as how the PS3 is the best deal when it comes to a BluRay player (because it also plays games or something) then it has that going for it.

However in a market where exclusivity is becoming a thing of the past and companies like EA are picking up the companies that usually do exclusive deals like Bioware we will start seeing more games on more consoles and it will be come a "pick your controller" type of situation.

Now, I had the chance to see two games on both the PS3 and 360 last night run at almost the same time at a buddy's house.

Assassin's Creed and Rock Band.

He has a full 1080p HD tv and was using HDMI connections for both- so in theory it was the best visual display possible (I only have a 720p LCD flat screen) and what I noticed is this. The Xbox 360 loads faster.

Thats it. That is the only difference. The games looked the exact same to me. Colors, sounds, frame rate. All equal. The 360 had a faster load time.

Now, I know that some PS3 games install on to the Hard drive thus yielding a faster load time etc etc, however in just a standard plug it in a go test the 360 impressed me more.

Just thought I'd share.

zionprophecy said:
I love the 360 controller.
But to shandogs comment:

It doens't matter whats sold in Asia, it matters what's sold here, unless you import games and can speak or read said language then to be honest unless they come here they shouldn't really be mentioned. Microsoft is putting out some games for both sides of gaming, for the hardcore fan, and the casual gamer. Ps3 i think will eventually become the bigger and better system but for now...Xbox is the winner.

It does matter if the company has a history of porting games cross market once they have been proven. Take the Dragonball Z and Final Fantasy franchises. Where do you think those games are sold first? How much money did they make once introduced to the North American market? It's ignorant to think that what is produced in one of the largest gaming markets (Japan/Asia) has no bearing on the North American gaming market.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod