Remakeability factor...

JCD

Regular
What classicc games do you think should be remade? I think an updated version of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain would be trouser soilingly brilliant.

(I understand that some games should just be left alone, never to be remade. There is no reason to state that here.)

Personally, I think there are some games that should just be left alone, never to be remade. ;)

However, one game I cannot wait to see remade is Tomb Raider, so of course you can imagine how eagerly I am awaiting the release of Tomb Raider: Anniversary (expected sometime 2007).

Personally I think a flat out remake with better graphics such as Twin Snakes is a waste of time. I don't care much for a company to spend time remaking a game just the same as it was before but with better graphics and a few extra cut scenes that are only there to be bad-ass. Re-imagining a game, like Capcom did with Resident Evil, is a safe bet. They did a full on remake, added a load of new material and came out with a quality game, again. Except characters still controlled like WWII Tanks.
I'd like to see the Streets of Rage series get a remake. 3D, better graphics, sweet control system and a lengthy game that plays through all three episodes of the series in one stream. It could be a sweet game, also release it under the original Japanese title, not for the jappa-fags but because "Bare Knuckle" sounds much better than "Streets of Rage".

Are we talkin PC, or any game?

I'm a big fan of Flight simulator games, like Tie Fighter, X-wing, old classic DOS games.

Or maybe Manic Mansion, or Day of the Tenticle (Hell, even sam and max!)... (Before Luasarts went all Starwars crazy)

Those were the days!

Lakerol said:
Or maybe Manic Mansion, or Day of the Tenticle (Hell, even sam and max!)... (Before Luasarts went all Starwars crazy)

Those were the days!

Agree with all those remakes!

Also:
- Major Stryker
- Commander Keen
- The original Contra
- Bio Menace

Snatcher is a classic game that must be remade or at least get a sequel (Project-S maybe?). Anyways going to keep my fingers crossed for that one.

pres50 said:
Snatcher is a classic game that must be remade or at least get a sequel (Project-S maybe?). Anyways going to keep my fingers crossed for that one.

There were rumours bumping around the net of that happening after the last Tokyo Game Show, but its just that, a small rumour. :(

Simple updated graphics for Wolf3d. Nothing else. No vertical aim. No tiered levels. Just the straight horizontal shooter of old that looks more life-like.

Deathtrap Dungeon. And this time, with a good control scheme.

Not really a remake. But I'd piss myself silly if someone just made the Dungeon Keeper games compatible with XP and Vista. Nay I say to jumping through hoops that aren't guaranteed to work.

Thou hast mentioned the Holy Dungeon Keeper, thou art not worthy....

:cry: I WANT DK3! :cry:

Grey said:
Scratch together a few million and revive Bullfrog then.

Please?

Done. I made a sexy time with a very rich oil baron. I took some compromising pictures and forced him to cough up some dough.

JCD said:
Thou hast mentioned the Holy Dungeon Keeper, thou art not worthy....

:cry: I WANT DK3! :cry:

Forget DK3. I'd rather have two proven old games that are guaranteed hours upon hours of fun than another addition to the franchise which is more likely to suck mutant monkey cock because it'd never live up to the insane amount of hype it would receive.

Not to mention it'd likely not work on 70% of the computers that would meet it's reccomended requirements. And the remaining 30% would suffer COTD's due to the memory leak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod