Games that should have never died out. Express your feelings

thedude08

Rookie
I was thinking of a couple of games that should have came to the next-gen consoles.

i.e Cool Boarders, NBA Jam, Legacy of Kain.

Busby. Oddly enough I spent many a hour on that game in the SNES days, it was entertaining and completely cheesy.

The rumors for Gran Turismo are true, remember GT4 Prologue? That was an expensive demo for what's coming next year. I think Rare should develop a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day though, instead of a mediocre port from the N64 to the Xbox with a really badly redone multiplayer.

Legend of Dragoon i think could have gone further.
umm....-looks at games laying all over the floor-
Ive always wanted to see a jurassic park game done right. has anyone ever beaten the lost world without cheats?
legend of legaia or whatever it was called was pretty fun.
and so was jade cocoon.

Lord_Fornelius said:
wait...why is this topic in the microsoft section of the forums? I think it should be in the classic gaming section.
because all the good games that died out would obviously be brought to the most popular console :D

Game series that should never have died?

Zork. It went out with a great game, but it wasn't supposed to go out right then, it was supposed to be a trilogy. They should have at least finished the trilogy before canning it.

And now if they tried returning to the series it would definitely fail since the Adventure genre that the series practically started (or helped start) is for almost entirely dead, save for a few similar games like the new Sam and Max episodes and the upcoming Strong Bad game.

Zork is most deserving of a return. Not necessarily to complete the Magic Trilogy, but just to make us Zork fans happy. If they tried finishing the Magic Trilogy now it would probably suck considering it's been ten years since Grand Inquisitor and it just wouldn't have the same feel to it unless a miracle were to occur in development.

I'll go for:
-Legacy Of Kain: a prequel when Raziel hasn't evolved would be cool

XIII:I liked the game, and the end was prelude to a sequel that so far I haven't seen, if there is one let me know on which console

-Wizards & Warriors: the first and second games where great, to bad the third one suck big

-Mark Of Kri-Rise of the Kasai:I loved those games, hope Sony makes another one

-True Crime:So far I havent seen any new of a third one and I really liked both games, once you get a hold of the crappy gameplay it gets fun.....

these are all I can remember, but there are more

There sure are a lot of Legacy of Kain fans. I was never fond of it.

I hear that the College Hoops 2K series is dead, due to 2K not being able to make NCAA games anymore because EA got the exclusivity contract (dumbest trend in games right now). I'm pretty bumbed about that, being the only person in the world who thinks the College Hoops games are near perfect.

I also cry every night for the loss of EA Chicago, which means the Fight Night series is currently dead.

^actually you have company in the belief of college hoops, being near perfect. i absolutely love my college hoops 2k6, but i'm not really too troubled about it being discontinued as I could play 2k6 forever.

StalfrosCC said:
Trippysmurf said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Killer Instinct

That is in development by Rare for the Xbox 360 already.

I call shananigans...show me proof. I was just talking to my co-worker yesterday of how awesome it was to go to the arcade and hear "ULTRA COMBO" followed by "COMBO BREAKER". If you are correct it may give me reason to buy a 360 or at least be the last straw to break the camel's back into buying it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod