Games that should have never died out. Express your feelings

Fuck EA for closing down Bullfrog while they were in the middle of developing Dungeon Keeper 3.

Knights of the Old Republic, but by Bioware.
Viewtiful Joe... oh right, Capcom shut down Clover Studios, stupid ********.
Monkey Island, weren't we promised that there would be a 5th game? It's the best pirate/monkey/insult game franchise out there.

HK-47 said:

Only the name and building are gone. Virtually everyone who worked at Clover Studios were kept on and worked under Capcom directly. If Capcom saw fit to make a new Viewtiful Joe, it'd most likely be the same staff working on it.

Uver said:
I hear theyre making another oddworld game. Where i heard that from? I cant remember.
Hell, maybe i didnt hear it. Anyways...

Mechassault and Mech commander.
I loved those games so much.

No, not Mechassault, those two games are horrible (Mechcommander is good though). Mechwarrior or Battletech on the PC. It's an excellent series game companies won't touch now, even though it still has a monsterous fan base and novels in the Dark Age give it SO MUCH DEPTH. WIth guys like Micheal Stackpole still writing Mechwarrior books....

HK-47 said:
Knights of the Old Republic, but by Bioware.
Monkey Island, weren't we promised that there would be a 5th game? It's the best pirate/monkey/insult game franchise out there.

KOTOR III is in the works, it might be an MMORPG.

Anyhow, we need another Dune based game, a new Wolfenstein game, Deus Ex, and more awesome lightsaber games like Jedi Knight Jedi Academy.

DenHond said:
Streets of Rage, played it for an eternity on my good old SEGA...

I still do. A fourth installment was in development but got scrapped, TWICE. One in 2.5d (think Paper Mario) and then a 3D version. The 3D version looked terrible, so its probbly good thing that one was canned.

Legend Of Kage or Demon Sword also both for NES by Taito,
but man I say it again how I love a XIII sequel, if there is one let me know on which console

Grey said:
DenHond said:
Streets of Rage, played it for an eternity on my good old SEGA...

I still do. A fourth installment was in development but got scrapped, TWICE. One in 2.5d (think Paper Mario) and then a 3D version. The 3D version looked terrible, so its probbly good thing that one was canned.

Psh. Just play Fighting Force. But not Fighting Force 2!

Final Fight was another good beat'em up, Demon's Crest deserves a sequel man, and also Stuntman, it had long ass loading but it was cool. I read a sequel was in the works for PS3 but so far nothing...

Marvel vs. capcom3.......... please god!

I know capcom no longer has the marvel contract.... damn....

(mvc2 is worth a nice chunk of change)

I add support to the previous suggestions of Dungeon Keeper, Legacy of Kain, Streets of Rage and Oddworld.

My Suggestion: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker 2! And actually include Thriller this time!

I still say to bring back Zork. Who cares if the Adventure genre is mostly dead, I know there are still many fans of Zork out there who would love to see a new game.

hey used44 I did some research and yeah is on 360, PS3 and PS2...but is THQ now not infrogrames so I get the kinda of feeling like Timesplitters by EA, I dont expect much

I dunno, Iliked Stuntman: Ignition. It felt like an old-school game where you had to really stick to your guns and try and try again to go for that high score. Some people probably hate that kind of stuff, though.

And I never played the orignal Stuntman, other than a demo. I just bought Stuntman: Ignition based on the recommendation of Tycho from Penny-Arcade.

ANd I heard THQ shut down the Stuntman franchise due to poor sales, which is too bad.

Double Dragon....at least the NES and the first one for SNES were great....I know Double Dragon III was kinda lame but it was a very easy game, but I think they threw it down the toilet with Battletoads Double Dragon...

When I was a kid, my brother and I set the Double Dragon highscore at an arcade! It was a very proud moment for me.

And, as I mentioned earlier, Fighting Force did a great job of translating 2D street brawlers to 3D. A new Fighitng Force game would be rad.

Also, The Warriors is another good beat em' up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod