Trading In Games...

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So I've never traded in any of my old games before, and I'm kind of thinking about getting rid of some of the older games that I never play just due to the fact that there are some sweet games coming out here in the near future and I actually kind of need to watch what I spend money on since I am no longer living in a residence hall.

But is it really worth trading in some of the games I never play anymore, or should I just keep them like I always have done before?

Yeah if you want to make profit out of it, sell it online for bids. It's risky because you don't know how much you're going to make with auctions (unless you have a direct price)

The reason why GameStop buy old games is because they buy them cheap and sell them for more, so they can get some profit. Am I right Links or Letusprey?

But I would keep them because they might just be a collector's item one day

Green_Lantern said:
So I've never traded in any of my old games before, and I'm kind of thinking about getting rid of some of the older games that I never play just due to the fact that there are some sweet games coming out here in the near future and I actually kind of need to watch what I spend money on since I am no longer living in a residence hall.

But is it really worth trading in some of the games I never play anymore, or should I just keep them like I always have done before?

Keep them, trust me.

To be honest, GL, you won't get squat for older titles when trading in. You'd be better off selling on eBay or Kijiji (heck, even Craigslist).

I like Amazon.com's trade-in service. You can check the values right on the website, and they give you a gift card that can be used for anything on the site. Some "older" games might be valuable, depending on the specific game and whether by "older" you mean last-gen or not.

Instead of trading in your games for ten cents on the dollar, how's about you join a website where you swap your games with other community members?
Send your own games through the mail just like gamefly but for free.
There's a few good sites out there, just google. Put your old games to use, someone wants to play them.

Yeah...I've always figured it's just more worthwhile to keep everything, which is why I've never actually traded things in.

I did look up the amazon trade in service cause I didn't know they offered it, and it seems pretty nice actually, who knows if I will actually do anything with it though.

madster111 said:
...Why doesn't GR have a selling section?

It did a few years back. It didn't do so well. I was a big user of GameTZ in the early part of the decade, as well as eBay. GameTZ is wonderful for straight-up trades.

I usually sell my games to friends. that way I can get a decent amount out of them.

I let them borrow them too if they want to borrow instead if buy...I'm not a complete tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod