Quick question! No fanboys allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strideout

Rookie
Should I buy a PSP or a 360?

I've heard great things about both, and I had a PSP until my stepbrother broke it a couple years back. At the time, the games for the PSP weren't good. Has the quality improved?

I've played a few 360's and I've kind of enjoyed them, enough that it's my favorite next gen console. I won't be playing online until the fall when I go to college, but that's another reason I was thinking PSP: mobility. As a college student I'll be on the go quite a bit.

Give me opinions.

The games have improved alot since launch, but if you are choosing it over a 360, well Xbox360 has some reaaallly good games.

the psp is like adding KY to masturbation, improves your quality of life aplenty

the 360 is like having keira knightly blow you however... and than chomp your dick off when you get the red rings, and than stitch it back on after you use your credit card, and she'll blow you for another 6 months until a pakistani on the phone tells you keira no longer will work, and she wont be reparable because your credit card is no longer good because you have a number in your name, so the next month you kick and abuse the actress, and every now and than she spits out her tongue just a little as a tease than gets lockjaw once more, and you cry and cry and cry until you realize you hate life without her subtle lips wrapped... ehh anyways long story short in consoles alone i've paid over 800 for my 360 in 2 years

I don't know you well, so let me break it down for you.
The PSP is small, cheap, and portable with a built in video and MP3 player. There is a giant ammount of good and great games out there. The online experience is decent, since only some games offer online gameplay over the internet, as long as you are around a wifi hotspot, but some games require the other people you are playing with to be in the same room as you. Battery life is decent, and buying an extra battery is relatively inexpensive. You have to save everything on small memory sticks, which are up to about 4 gigs by now.

The 360 is fairly inexpensive for the console itself. The gameslist is great considering how long it has been out and it has the best online experience out. However, there is a one in three chance that the 360 you get will RROD, and there is a good chance of other technical problems.

So I say that you should just get both.

If you are moving to the dorms and can afford a nice tv go with the 360. If you are commuting you may want the psp first. More than likely though if you are living on campus the 360 would be a better bet, simply because the infrastructure and community. My campus had T3 networks and a crap load of kids had xbox at the time (see the point). Think huge LAN games. Alternately if you don't have the cash for the TV go with the psp because if you are not completely lame you will more than likely be drinking and spending time on a lot of other peoples' couches playing their 360.

PSP or 360...
what kind of question is that?
I root for sony, but I would totally grab a 360 over a PSP.
Ya, the online for 360 is wicked....

Longo_2_guns said:
However, there is a one in three chance that the 360 you get will RROD...

Common misconception.

Mircosoft annouced their plan to fix the RROD system that they have set aside enough money to fix 1/3 consoles sold at that point (Dec 06 I think). So the 1/3 in the max if you've got an old console. However, if you have a newer console, it should be even rarer since they have been improving the hardware.

We have 2 360's here between the two of us, neither of them have red lighted.

GhostTrip said:
I'M A FANBOY AND THERE'S NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

HALO SUX! HALO SUX!

SONY 4 EVER!
1, shut the *uck up, no one needs to hear your fanboy opinion.
And if you like to play games on the go, then the PSP. Also since it has an MP3 in it.
If you rather to play at home, confined to the couch but have those mature titles, then the 360.
Personally, the PSP since I would rather play games on the go. Be it playing them on the subway or in class.

HK-47 said:
GhostTrip said:

HALO SUX! HALO SUX!

SONY 4 EVER!
And if you like to play games on the go, then the PSP. Also since it has an MP3 in it.
If you rather to play at home, confined to the couch but have those mature titles, then the 360.
Personally, the PSP since I would rather play games on the go. Be it playing them on the subway or in class.
1. I'm pretty sure that twas a joke.
2. Is more numbers then you have
3. is a magic number

crazycracker22 said:
HK-47 said:
GhostTrip said:

HALO SUX! HALO SUX!

SONY 4 EVER!
3. is a magic number
In answer to 1, you're probably right, but no point in annoying other members by talking like a 12 year old.
And 2, Imagine a "2" before the 2nd sentence of my original post.
Currently have nothing for 3.
And 4 is out of the question.
Finally, point 5(in a sense), just see what the PSP and 360 each have to offer in terms of games. You might find that 1 has more games that appeal to you more.

HK-47 said:
crazycracker22 said:
HK-47 said:
GhostTrip said:

HALO SUX! HALO SUX!

SONY 4 EVER!
3. is a magic number
In answer to 1, you're probably right, but no point in annoying other members by talking like a 12 year old.
And 2, Imagine a "2" before the 2nd sentence of my original post.
Currently have nothing for 3.
And 4 is out of the question.
Finally, point 5(in a sense), just see what the PSP and 360 each have to offer in terms of games. You might find that 1 has more games that appeal to you more.
1 yes it was a joke
2 get a sense of humor
3 you can't silence me this is the internets! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod