POST YOUR PICTURES HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how people base all of their judgements upon a single picture.

Yeap we have a bass player, he's got 6 years under his belt. But as rock-concerts are nearly impossible to organize around here, we mostly play unplugged stuff. We also have a drummer whose got 2 years under his belt, and another guitarist with 3.

I have a teacher of Flamenco, you can check her up online. Her name is Julia Banzi. I am incredibly lucky that she lives in the same town as me. She has released many albums and she has studied with the greatest guitarists of Flamenco such as Sanlucar, Paco de Lucia and what not.

Personally I've been playing for only two years nevertheless I've gotten far...actually I'll try to record some stuff for you when I get the chance to.

What about yous?

Wow, I haven't posted in FOREVER! But I have a pic for once, so why not:

Picture005.jpg

It's my super duper emo pic![/img]

Robmiester said:
As a Flamenco teacher she should probably have a lot to say about proper technique, ask her.

Yeap. So tell me about yourself? When did you start? Why? Your likes dislikes the guitars you own.

I'm curious!

00.jpg

That was taken of me Christmas Eve, 1990.

I was two years old at the time, and even though I'm holding the guitar left handed there, thats not how I play. Growing up I was strongly influenced by my uncle, a 26 year drummer and now a singer in a small band in Toronto. He obviously has his other working life, but he taught me a lot of what I know of music. Also, my older brother is a big part in where I am today. It's difficult to say when I started playing guitar, because I never owned one until a year and a half ago. I have always played one of my brothers guitars he had, and learned from there, on my own. I was always fascinated with all the 'rock-star' guitar players over everything else. I've gone through a couple guitars, borrowed from friends, bought and sold, etc. Right now I carry a black LTD as my weapon of choice. It fairs me quite well. I got a couple more lying around the house but for shows people like my LTD. I've never had a guitar teacher, and my influences range from all sorts of guitar players, anyone who adds something new to the mix of the guitarring world. I enjoy, because I too would like to do something along those lines. Which is why I am semi-unhappy with the band I am in. All we are is a melodic metal band (if you were to classify) and I am not totally satisfied with that. I am 'captain' of our high school guitar ensemble(classical) and I enjoy that a lot. And whenever I'm not with my band I'll almost never do the metal thing. I don't know what else you want me to say, if you have anymore questions just ask.

Wow that's called being lucky!

I've never had much of an influence until two years ago when I got inspired by a punk-rock guitarist and I fell right in to the Nirvana fan-pit. from there on I've began learning and what not, I've never had a teacher however there are many people whp've shown me different techniques...I'm sure the same would apply to you on those lines (for example a guy telling you the benefits of a pedal). I began my Flamenco lessons around a month ago because I found out that it's pretty much impossble to self train for that as there are some techniques that give you sounds you cannot otherwise learn such as 5 stroke rasqueados, picados, tremolos and what not.

You mentioned Melodic-Metal...to me that's some pretty intense stuff looking at bands such as Stratovarius and what not.

Anyways do you see guitar being a hobby or a profession later on?

Mod-Chip said:

I've never had much of an influence until two years ago when I got inspired by a punk-rock guitarist and I fell right in to the Nirvana fan-pit. from there on I've began learning and what not, I've never had a teacher however there are many people whp've shown me different techniques...I'm sure the same would apply to you on those lines (for example a guy telling you the benefits of a pedal). I began my Flamenco lessons around a month ago because I found out that it's pretty much impossble to self train for that as there are some techniques that give you sounds you cannot otherwise learn such as 5 stroke rasqueados, picados, tremolos and what not.

You mentioned Melodic-Metal...to me that's some pretty intense stuff looking at bands such as Stratovarius and what not.

Anyways do you see <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=25&k=guitar" onmouseover="window.status='guitar'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">guitar</a> being a hobby or a profession later on?

I definately see playing guitar as more of a hobby. I absolutely love playing guitar, and it's not like I'm only doing it to get famous. It's okay to get famous while playing guitar, but don't play guitar for the wrong reasons. Guitar is definately a sidedish in the game a life!

The one without the baseball cap?

nooooo we all have baseball caps on in the picture, and im not the one who took the picture, i am in it![/quote]

Robmiester said:
Mod-Chip said:

Anyways do you see <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=25&k=guitar" onmouseover="window.status='guitar'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">guitar</a> being a hobby or a profession later on?

I definately see playing guitar as more of a hobby. I absolutely love playing guitar, and it's not like I'm only doing it to get famous. It's okay to get famous while playing guitar, but don't play guitar for the wrong reasons. Guitar is definately a sidedish in the game a life!

Yeah and ya know it's a definate bonus whenever you're going to the beach or having a party in school or perhaps performing in a pub. It's all good :)

Jared...what the hell...

You look like every other person in the world now. What happened to your unique hair style?!

In an attempt to look unique, Jared follows the same crappy trend as many many others who don't know how to think for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod