|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

TRIPLE POST INCOMING, COME AT ME BROS, I DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING.

I made a new character :(

The OCD was just tearing me apart. I came into the game just throwing perks everywhere, not knowing what was up, picked a race completely opposite to my play style. So I'm starting again. I figure I've put a lot of hours into it, but probably a sliver of what I will in time. May as well start now or little mistakes will drive me crazy forever.

Was level 30 on the character I gave up on. I figure I can probably get to the same level in half the time. Gonna follow the same quest lines do the same stuff but do it right. So when I get back to where I was I still have the same content ahead of me.

EDiT: only thing that really sucks is instead of seeing new shit this weekend I'll just be catching back up xD

im already bored with the game to be honest...I did the whole mage guild quest, my conjuration is almost 100 and my destruction is over 70...

There is honestly little for me to do at this point other than the main quest or the other guilds...and my character is not sneaky enough for the thieves guild yet...

Anyone else run into this while wandering around?

The game can only go downhill after this random incident ;)

450252603.jpg

My friend ran into the headless horse. I was on Skype with him and he was like, "What the fuck? There's a headless guy on a horse out in the middle of nowhere."

Is there any crafting in the game? He also mentions some about being able to mine ore and chop wood.

I've seen a ghost on a horse! But I couldn't keep up with him...then some bandits came! I'm pretty sure that's near a standing stone because I remember finding that shortly after...

Eddy_DS_Fettig said:
Friggin' eh, I can crafty Ebony stuff but haven't found a single Ebony Ore/Ingot in 25 hours of playing the game now...

tons of vendors sell ebony ingots just keep an eye out for it. i got 7 ingots of ebony from white run vendors in one pass through. i prefer to just buy as gold is so freaking easy to make in skyrim.

dont waste ebony on making ebony armor, wait until you unlock daedric and save it for that.

So my game keeps randomly crashing now. It doesn't freeze or slow down or anything like that. Just exits instantly to my desktop ><

Started playing. The first 30 minutes or so are... disappointing. Honestly, I'd rather have gone through the crap in Oblivion or just go from nowhere like in Morrowind. And seeing all that crap from the dragon is anticlimactic because I know I'm going to be killing them in about one hit a few hours from now.

Oh, and the lack of actual attributes/classes and birthsigns is a bad thing. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Though one of my friends was playing and the game randomly exited to the media bar. It was scary.

And Tullius' Canadian accent makes me laugh in the intro.

I'll give a greater critique as I do a bit more. All in all, there's a lot of things they could've done better thus far.

I think I'm coming up to the last mission of the Thieves Guild quest. And to be honest, it kinda sucked. For a Thieves Guild questline there's been seldom thievery! Oblivion wins on that one by an epic mile.

In every dungeon I'm sneaking and pickpocketing, then destructing and one-handing. And lastly healing when I've won the battles. They're my Power 5! Heavy Armor comes at a bonus when I get hit.

honestly i think oblivion is better as of now, and its a pain in the ass in the beginning since i cant fast travel from main city to city without discovering it first.

CountOtis said:
honestly i think oblivion is better as of now, and its a pain in the ass in the beginning since i cant fast travel from main city to city without discovering it first.

that and the bugs is my only real complaint. but it doesnt take long before you discover everything and can easily fast travel everywhere. i think it does that because it forces you to explore their beautiful game at first. they dont just want you immediately skipping through everything.

i loved the warrior quest line, a lot. it may not have been exactly special, but i felt like i was really goin in there to help, and avenge my bros of the companions.

CountOtis said:
After playing for a while. It is like .1% better than Oblivion.

There's some stuff it does better, like the whole smithing thing. That's great... but it's hardly needed. If there was still degradation of weapons, you'd actually have a better reason to use the damn grindstones and stuff. Lack of actual attributes, again, is bad, and the whole perks thing is pretty lame and a poor substitute. Gameplay is exactly the same as Oblivion's with a teensy bit of change.

The UI, even on consoles, is TERRIBLE. Like, it's one of the worst UI's ever. Oh gee, lets make 2/3rd's of the screen a giant image of the item but not even show how your character looks or devote more than a tiny sliver to the actual list of items. And lets not make it easy to go back.

Rest of the game's pretty good, though.

Longo_2_guns said:
Oh, and the lack of actual attributes/classes and birthsigns is a bad thing. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
That's what's putting me on edge the most, and I'm just not sure what to think about it. It's both a load off and a constraining limitation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133