|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

used44 said:
The cool thing is, the Bethesda speed run challenge for Oblivion took 1:15 (which is insane) but that hopefully means that Skyrim is huuuge.

Is that the main quest chain (main story arc) only?
I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I’m a tad confused. :?

Basically....It's just to see who can get from the beginning of the game to "finishing" the game fastest. They could have done side quests but that would slow their times down.

MattAY said:
I just checked out the achievement list, and it really does show how awesome this game will be:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... ievements/

Ok. Looking at the achievement list I can see a few things about this game.

Daedric Artifacts are back, which probably means the shrines are too.

Skill books? I’m guessing they will increase one of your skills, like Destruction, as they did in Oblivion.

Oh. Here is a new one Master Criminal: Bounty of 1000 gold in all nine holds (STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! NOBODY BREAKS THE LAW ON MY WATCH!) so instead of having a bounty everywhere you can earn one in 9 different “Holdsâ€

I wouldn't necessarily look at is as a "dumbing down" but more of an "opening up", I like that you can do what you want when you want it. In Oblivion I made a character, and got to level 50, and realized that my main skills werent a good decision, so I made another character and picked main skills that couldnt be accidently leveled up and power level the bejesus out of my dude, making sure to get the max bonus (yeah im a nerd) but looking back. that didnt make it fun at all. Let me level up however i want, without having to worry about getting the best set up and I am all for it.

Agreed. True of Bethesda's Fallout games too. I hate getting hours in and realizing, hell, those major traits I chose are less than optimal. Or just changing your mind and deciding you want to play differently than you thought after the introductory levels.

Except in Oblivion and Fallout 3 it wasn't hard to change your character or any of that. it would just put you down a level or so if you messed up. and it wouldn't been easy to accidentally get to level 50.

It's not that it made the games too hard, it's just not totally optimal to your evolving play style. Maybe I'm just being a perfectionist like JunkyArd said.

Lookin forward to the new progression system

Just so you know, I recently did 2 runs in God of War, one taking my time and collecting everything and having all the orbs to power up everything, took me like 11:30 hours...

Then I did a speedrun (first time I did that, so it was sloppy, and I used lots of glitches I saw on the internets). The result: 2:23:00, and I've seen speedruns of an hour and a half, something like that. I don't know what this proves but you could at least take it as a fun fact.

So nobody thinks they changed the class system to avoid Oblivion’s exploit, or that it is a way to “dumb downâ€

tinymhg said:
The Companions? The new fighters guild?

I don't know about you, but when I hear companion, I immediately think of:

firefly-serenity-inara.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo