|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I’m thinking that when Skyrim comes out the traffic (the number of logons) on GR is going to dip, because everybody and their dog is going to be playing it and not visiting the website. Do you guy track those numbers? If yes, can you tell me if I was right about the number of hits dropping after Skyrim's release? :D

I'm thinking when Skyrim comes out I'm going to be drunk as a skunk. Gonna try and brew a beer specially for this event.

tinymhg said:
drathbone said:
I'm thinking when Skyrim comes out I'm going to be drunk as a skunk. Gonna try and brew a beer specially for this event.
Do you use Mr Beer?

No I don't. Not sure what I'm going to make considering TES doesn't go into too much detail about their alcoholic beverages.

drathbone said:
tinymhg said:
drathbone said:
Do you use Mr Beer?

No I don't. Not sure what I'm going to make considering TES doesn't go into too much detail about their alcoholic beverages.
Might I suggest something Scandinavian. Nords are TES Vikings after all.

I'm still torn whether I should buy this ASAP or wait for the GOTY edition and subsequent patches mods to fix a probably bugged/glitched game. If they will follow tradition of course. :)

Suggestions?

CloacalKiss said:
It would be impossible for me to wait for a GOTY Edition. Game is going to be great out of the box! *knocks on wood*
I'd have to say CloacalKiss is right, if you can get it then don't wait. But if money is a problem then wait until you got the dough, otherwise get it when it comes out. Flaws and all.

Kijan said:
I'm still torn whether I should buy this ASAP or wait for the GOTY edition and subsequent patches mods to fix a probably bugged/glitched game.
I'm in the same boat. I'd say if money is the issue then wait until the game of the year version or until you see it on sale for a price you can't avoid. That's what I did for New Vegas

De-Ting said:
kingg5 said:
I'm still a little dissapointed there is no dismemberment
I can live without it. It worked good in Fallout, but this is an Elder Scrolls game.
You get swords and shit, it'd make more sense slicing and arm off then magically blowing a head off clean cut.

kingg5 said:
De-Ting said:
kingg5 said:
I'm still a little dissapointed there is no dismemberment
I can live without it. It worked good in Fallout, but this is an Elder Scrolls game.
You get swords and s***, it'd make more sense slicing and arm off then magically blowing a head off clean cut.
De-Ting he has a valid point. Using axes and swords would lead to hacking up your enemies.

De-Ting said:
Have we learned nothing from Final Fantasy? Swords don't dismember people, they just make them flinch.
I hate to say this but TES V: Skyrim is an M rated game meant for a more mature audience, who can stomach dismemberment, and whose mommies won’t be calling the TV News cast to complain about the evil video game. Go to the "What's the best RPG of all time(in your opinion)?" topic to see how many guys say that Final Fantasy # was their first game, or first RPG, or their favorite because of nostalgia, don’t get me wrong I love the Final Fantasy series, but it is aimed at a younger crowd.

My point is, it would be cool disarming an enemy by literally taking his arm. (Kill Bill style) They got that special kill thing in it why not make one were you kick them in the knee cap then take their head off with an Ax. Also agree with you tinymhg on the whole Final Fantasy thing.

Bretimus_v2 said:
^That's some failed logic right there, tiny. Parents/news casters are always complaining about M rated games.
I added the mommies part to try and be humorous. You are right about Parents/news casters whining about video games though. What is it about having kids that makes you hate video games? Oh, that reminds me how are the wife and kids anyway? The Final Fantasy series is aimed at a younger demographic than The Elder Scrolls series is, that was my point. Maybe an analogy would help Final Fantasy is like a skateboard fine for kids (and adults who like that kind of stuff) and The Elder Scrolls is more like a car something you don’t want your 10 year old to drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133