|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So they removed repair hammers....WTF? But it looks like they still have the gay charge on your items (I believe).

I loved in Morrowind if you had a sword that did fire damage it did it all the time. FOREVER. In Oblivion the charge on a fire sword would be gone in like one dungeon and it was such a pain in the ass to recharge that crap. I never bothered with it. So WTF Bethesda? Really?

Truth. I never even bothered learning how to recharge weapons, I just avoided them.

Longo_2_guns said:
CloacalKiss said:
ALSO: Gay marriage! A marriage system though? I had no clue... but, GAY MARRIAGE! Time to be flamboyant, agree?
They've been saying from the beginning that they're going to allow romance s*** in the game, so if they're going to do it why not have gay marriage too?

Honestly, though, they shouldn't have either. Partly because it'll suck.

This is not the game to have romances in. The character you create is an avatar character with little to no personal stake in the NPC's around you. Unlike say Mass Effect or Persona, a romance here would be out of place like it was in the Fable games.

And yeah, taking out too many features again....I miss spears as weapons damn it.

used44 said:
Truth. I never even bothered learning how to recharge weapons, I just avoided them.
Oh, man you’re kidding, right? There are two ways to recharge magic weapons: One go to the mages guild hall in a city, or the Arcane University find the person who does recharges and pay for a recharge, which is a major pain in the ass. Two use a full soul gem to recharge your magic weapons. I would always make a spell with Soul Trap 1 second on target and Drain Health 100 points for 1 second on target and would always have Azura’s Star in my inventory. With those recharging magic weapons was nothing.

It's a pain in the ass is what I'm saying. And I was all about soul trap/ enchanting in Morrowind I just never did it much in ESIV.

tinymhg said:
used44 said:
Oh, man you’re kidding, right? There are two ways to recharge magic weapons: One go to the mages guild hall in a city, or the Arcane University find the person who does recharges and pay for a recharge, which is a major pain in the ass. Two use a full soul gem to recharge your magic weapons. I would always make a spell with Soul Trap 1 second on target and Drain Health 100 points for 1 second on target and would always have Azura’s Star in my inventory. With those recharging magic weapons was nothing.
Two words: duplicated Varla Stones.

4428-25018.gif

De-Ting said:
Two words: duplicated Varla Stones.
Oh yeah. Forgot about them. I always sold them or kept them as treasure.

LinksOcarina said:
As long as you can soul trap golden saints....

Black soul gems should work. I always would make up a few, because Dremora souls are Grand in size and require a black soul gem. But I never tried to soul trap a golden saint.

So I'm writing my preview tonight, but I'm wondering why you guys choose the race you choose.

Obviously I'll be playing Dinosaur but why do you choose the race you play in elder scrolls?

danielrbischoff said:
So I'm writing my preview tonight, but I'm wondering why you guys choose the race you choose.

Obviously I'll be playing Dinosaur but why do you choose the race you play in elder scrolls?
Argonians (the Dinosaur people) are my favorite. They breath water! And if that isn’t enough they’re immune to poison 100% and disease 75% and start out with a bonus to security (in Oblivion). They make good mages, ok warriors, and good stealth characters.

CloacalKiss said:
Watched 40 minutes of game-play today.

This will be the WORST 2 months of waiting in my life.
Yeah I've seen that too. Imagine what an hour of hands-on did. I took it in stride, knowing it'll be the only chance I have at trying the game before release, but I really can't help but look at some of the games I'm reviewing right now and say "you're not skyrim.... :(

CloacalKiss said:
Aww. So your time with it was...better than expected?
Yeah I really enjoyed it. Combat was better than Fallout simply because it's so much more active than backing up and repeatedly firing your gun.

danielrbischoff said:
CloacalKiss said:
Aww. So your time with it was...better than expected?
Yeah I really enjoyed it. Combat was better than Fallout simply because it's so much more active than backing up and repeatedly firing your gun.

Great! I would hope the combat would be more fluid nsuch in Skyrim, looks like it in the vids.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133