|OT| Batman: Arkham City - This is my city.

Which platform are you getting Batman: Arkham City on?

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

• Waiting to get it on PC

• Not getting it.

• Total voters
That's the truth. But it's cool, nightime is when she opens her eyes and reacts to me talking.

Can I just say that the AR trainings are awesome. I love chasing Zsasz's phone calls. Good game.

One of them was really hard and took me about 20 tries, but they were also the first thing I did, basically. By a few more hours into the game, I probably could have done them all in one long glide.

They were fun. Zsasz's phone calls annoyed me, because I'll be beating the thugs down and all of the sudden a phone rang.

danielrbischoff said:
I've heard from a lot of people who don't like the AR training missions because "they're too hard" but I really liked them.

I didn't like them while doing them. The one where you have to glide into a narrow space while maintaining height was the worst one. About 20-25 tries to get that one.

But once you finish them, you see their value. And after a few hours with the game, they would really be a piece of cake.

Not bad enough to skip doing them though.

UghRochester said:
They were fun. Zsasz's phone calls annoyed me, because I'll be beating the thugs down and all of the sudden a phone rang.

-Group of 15 thugs lying broken near the phone- "Guys, shut up, I'm taking a phone call!"

I'm about an hour or two into it, and frankly, not too impressed thus far. I know I'm still early, but still, it feels like AA with an open world, and that's it.

Not quite. For the record, I wouldn't even put Dark Souls in my top 5 list.

I mean, AC is a great game. It's a little hand-holdy thus far (finding Freeze now so not that far in), and the movement isn't best for a free roamer, what with Bats being slow and close to the camera most of the time, but it's still solid. Though once I get to the first real boss fight, I'll tell you if it's better than AA.

Longo_2_guns said:
I mean, AC is a great game. It's a little hand-holdy thus far (finding Freeze now so not that far in), and the movement isn't best for a free roamer, what with Bats being slow and close to the camera most of the time, but it's still solid. Though once I get to the first real boss fight, I'll tell you if it's better than AA.

It isn't quite a free roamer, but for the most part it will let you go where you will. Story advancement is still linear though. Boss fights, while slightly better than AA, are still subject to simple pattern repetition and don't really poses as much challenge as they should. Several times I found it harder to tackle groups of varied enemies instead of the boss fights.

The true beauty of the movement though is once you have all necessary gadgets and upgrades, at which point you feel much freer, though the game will still occasionally hold you back (such as always not being able to use all items in a New Game+).

The part up to Freeze was a little laborious, but afterwards I thought it opened quite nicely. You do the AR missions Longo?

Anyone catch the AC reference in South Park tonight?

I've done one or two of the AR missions. They're not bad thus far. Riddler challenges have been similar to AA for now.

And I can think of more complaints with it, but I'll save them. Again, it's a great game, but when a game gets an A it damn better well be worth an A. And so far, this game is no A.

An A? I think it deserves an A- at most (referring to GR's grading scale, of course). Still haven't finished the game though.

Longo_2_guns said:
I've done one or two of the AR missions. They're not bad thus far. Riddler challenges have been similar to AA for now.

Get the AR done first, it unlocks an upgrade for the grappel gun that helps with movement, it also helps reinforce flight mechanics.

The Riddler challenges are actually pretty cool, collect a certain amount and you get to go to a Riddler room, which are a bit challenging the first time through.

I never got a chance to throw an electrified remote control batarang at anyone, does it do anything?

It shocks them but the primary use for the electrified remote control batarang is for unlocking riddler trophies and solving puzzles.

danielrbischoff said:
It shocks them but the primary use for the electrified remote control batarang is for unlocking riddler trophies and solving puzzles.

I knew they were for the puzzles. I believe the game forces you to use one at some point, made me feel like an idiot seeing all those that I had passed. I just wasn't sure what it did to an enemy if you hit them with one, never really had that opportunity.

I'm at the part where you have to follow the Assassin around, and it's a good game, but... eh.

The fight against Solomon Grundy was so disappointing and really easy. Same with Penguin.

Oh, and the Riddler puzzles are once again for the most part disappointing, like AA. The riddles themselves take up, like, 5% of the Riddler stuff. 90% of it isn't from the Riddler, it's from Batman's old nemesis the Equipment Checker who has cleverly disguised himself as the Riddler. The other 5% are "Align the Question Mark."

The combat is nice, but it's really heavy in the Press Square and Triangle a bunch to watch Batman do cool stuff rather than doing cool stuff yourself. Considering the camera and movement is God Hand-like, they could've done better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod