|OT| Batman: Arkham City - This is my city.

Which platform are you getting Batman: Arkham City on?

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

• Waiting to get it on PC

• Not getting it.

• Total voters
I'm pissed off that it's DLC. I'd rather wait a couple weeks and have them just put it right into the game.

How many of these do you think will already be on the disk? Unfortunately, this is just the era of videogames that we reside in. Let's hope they make it worth the purchase price.

HORSE ARMOR!!!!

It's sad, that's for sure.

Though I'm glad some games are saying that they don't need to do DLC and especially not on-disk DLC. coughcoughDarkSoulscoughcough.

danielrbischoff said:
Is anyone else going to do a s*** load of exploring before diving into the main story? I usually drive around for two hours in the beginning of GTA games.

I do that in almost any game that lets me. Story can wait, need to get the lay of the land first.

Anyways, beat Asylum, enjoyed the hell out of it. Reminded me of Metal Gear quite a bit, which I thought was awesome. So now I'm waiting on this one.

Bretimus_v2 said:
How many of these do you think will already be on the disk? Unfortunately, this is just the era of videogames that we reside in. Let's hope they make it worth the purchase price.

HORSE ARMOR!!!!

I'm 90% sure 100% of those SKINS are on-disc.

Finished the main campaign today, now just wrapping up the Riddler's stuff and trying to finish the serial killer side quest. I'm going to start in on the Catwoman part tomorrow probably, then might run through a new game +.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Finished the main campaign today, now just wrapping up the Riddler's stuff and trying to finish the serial killer side quest. I'm going to start in on the Catwoman part tomorrow probably, then might run through a new game +.
So? Ending? Good or bad? I liked it, oddly it worked on some level for me.

I keep losing track of the main story and doing side missions or finding the riddles accidentally. So far, I'm enjoying the game. I'm playing it on hard mode. If Dan remembers, I'm a master of stealth. Remember when I used active camo all the time during Halo: Reach, Dan? Yes, I enjoy studying where to take out the thugs in the game. Since it's on hard, they're much faster than expected.

danielrbischoff said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
So? Ending? Good or bad? I liked it, oddly it worked on some level for me.

It is...a remarkable piece of story telling overall. As much as it seems to be random and all over the place, it still fits. It is classic Batman to the core. As far out as the storyline goes, it somehow remains grounded and almost realistic as far as the Batman universe is concerned.

The ending, from Wonder Tower onwards, comes somewhat out of left field and hits you in the face, yet for the most part it is there and almost obvious through out the game. And the last scene just goes to show how tormented of a person Batman is, simply looking at what is brought out and what is left in. I'm literally grimacing right now trying to sort my thoughts on this, and as one of my English teachers once told me, that is how you know you just ran face first into a solid tale.

Game wise, this absolutely shatters it predecessor in a way I've seen very few games ever do. Usually its a few steps forward for one game to its sequel. This one is more along the lines of someone shooting a zipline across the city, what a vast improvement.

I fully intend on reviewing this as soon as I wrap up what I have left and manage to sort the jumble in my head a bit. Think I need one of this nifty bat decoders.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine how they'd improve on Arkham Asylum but they did. I'm going to hop into New Game + after I finish Riddler trophies and pay better attention.

I'm just waiting on a decent sale and I'll pick this up for $40. Do the Riddler trophies still have clues that direct you to them?

The riddles do, and they're all awesome for Batman fans. The trophies themselves can be tagged into your map for later retrieval. Then a few hours into the game, there becomes an even better way of adding multiple trophy locations to your map at a time.

Catwoman DLC was rather disappointing. The animated skin was pretty good looking though.

Yeah, no Riddler maps to find this time, but they'll still clue you in to the locations, and some of these take quite a bit of thinking to get.

I was also disappointed that they wouldn't let you glide off of the Wonder Tower. Whats the point of having something so big if you can't jump off it?

Bretimus_v2 said:
I'm just waiting on a decent sale and I'll pick this up for $40. Do the Riddler trophies still have clues that direct you to them?
No maps but you can interrogate thugs around the world for clues and map locations... that's what everyone else is talking about but won't just come out and say.

danielrbischoff said:
Yeah, I couldn't imagine how they'd improve on Arkham Asylum...
Perhaps this is just my cynicism speaking, but this statement disappoints me.

I mean, Arkham Asylum was really good. But it was still pretty flawed. Honestly, right now I could probably list off half a dozen things they could do/probably did do, since I haven't played it yet, that would improve on Arkham Asylum.

Longo_2_guns said:
danielrbischoff said:
Yeah, I couldn't imagine how they'd improve on Arkham Asylum...
Perhaps this is just my cynicism speaking, but this statement disappoints me.

I mean, Arkham Asylum was really good. But it was still pretty flawed. Honestly, right now I could probably list off half a dozen things they could do/probably did do, since I haven't played it yet, that would improve on Arkham Asylum.

That's because you aren't looking at it as a Batman game.

I could look at it as the last of DaVinci's art works and it doesn't make up for the fact that it could have been improved.

Though I still was. But that's beyond the point.

Oh. Right. I'm trying to skim the thread and only read bits and pieces.

Though even then, they could've done more introspection stuff. The reason why shit like DKR and Hush were so great is over half of the dialogue is Batman thinking to himself. And it worked well in Prince of Persia.

In regards to the game, yeah, what I said before.

I just completely finished the main campaign. Every side quest, every damn Riddler question mark, scan, and all the other stuff. Do I have enough in me to start digging into the challenges tomorrow? Most likely...but for now, I'm going to lay off and enjoy my hard days work.

So...many...question marks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod