OoT: Race to Puberty

Ah mah gahhh~

Hey, Festival -- Are there specific settings you want us to have when we record? Can you make a checklist or some such of what we should have, what/when exactly we should be recording, file formats, etc.? Whatever makes it easiest for you to edit/process this shiz afterwards.

Just want to make sure I'm set forrealsies, and not spending an hour squishing a bug.

I have a job offer Monday three hours before it starts and I have no clue how long those are supposed to last... I don't expect it to be that long, but if it turns out I'm going to be a little late I'll let everyone know.

Sightless said:
Ah mah gahhh~

Hey, Festival -- Are there specific settings you want us to have when we record? Can you make a checklist or some such of what we should have, what/when exactly we should be recording, file formats, etc.? Whatever makes it easiest for you to edit/process this shiz afterwards.

Just want to make sure I'm set forrealsies, and not spending an hour squishing a bug.

For the people using procaster, the settings I put up earlier should work. Whatever is needed to make the finished recording actually be 30fps is good. Video format doesn't matter, so all I'll need is that and an audio file of your commentary. Everybody make sure you've done a test recording! I didn't update livestream and it decided to just stop recognizing my microphone even though it totally pretended like it was.

511edb78c46826_zelda1.png

511edb78e86870_zelda2.png

Are you thinking of doing the bloody deku tree glitch? I think you need it to complete two rooms in the ol' Dodongo Cavern anyway! So HAH! Cheaters!

I gave mine a test. Think I'll have to play it on mute since I have no mic, but that's not a problem. I work better with a handicap anyway ;)
However, in order to record the footage without sound I have to change the audio device to "External Mic"...and there's just a little noise...more like a fuzz it's not huge (kinda like that sound when you turn the volume up on a TV really high but there's nothing on...you know), will that be a problem?

Yeah, I've done it without the slingshot but dodongo's cavern is hell.

MattAY said:
However, in order to record the footage without sound I have to change the audio device to "External Mic"...and there's just a little noise...more like a fuzz it's not huge (kinda like that sound when you turn the volume up on a TV really high but there's nothing on...you know), will that be a problem?
It asks to record with an external mic even though you don't have one? That's weird. If procaster is acting funny you can record audio with a different program. Whatever you used for the Baroque video was perfect.

FrozenBacon said:
Am I too late for this one? I used to blaze through the kid portion of OOT all the time.
I randomly grabbed a sixth person from reddit already, so there isn't going to be room unless somebody drops out. I'm formatting the overlays like this, and since the game is in 4:3 on youtube's 16:9 there's only decent room for six screens.

Majora__s_Mask_Moon_by_mrespman.png

ONE HOUR REMAINS!

Skimming through walkthroughs right now ;)

NOTE - if you need the bathroom - go NOW!

I'm nervous like crazy, because I don't know what to do! I'm not glitching today, but I remember everything up to Dodongo's Cavern

Haha I'm nervous too! I feel like I would just before the beginning of an actual athletics event.

Haha, well, we were all in under my early prediction. Everyone did well! Especially Affen, who had a few struggles, but managed to pull ahead a little and finish in the middle, despite not having played the game!

Lots of fun, glad that happened. ...I think. I may be having some regrets upon skimming through the five parts of video, and considering never showing up online ever again. Oh well~

Now for days and days of uploading, downloading, editing, processing... etc. etc. Yay!

Awesome. I look forward to watching the finished product. Unless it's 4 hours long. Then fuck that.

Can't you like, play it at 4x speed and do the commentary over that. Or I dunno, you'll figure it out.

You can watch until the first group of people finish, which will only be like... well, it's around two hours? Not sure what the fastest time was. If you wait for everyone, it will be much more like four and a half hours. Haha.

I MAKE NO APOLOGIES.

(...That's not true at all.) .__.

The fastest time was about an hour and a half I reckon! There were a group of 3 that finished around 2:30 hours in, then a "group" of people that finished at 4 hours.

And there was me...dying, because those damn pots contained NOTHING!
Like I mentioned, I remembered everything up to Dodongo's Cavern and then it was downhill from there. I would have made it in 3 hours if I knew what I was doing or if I didn't die so much.

MattAY, is your video good?

Haha no. I'll have to re-record it tonight - trying to match the audio as best as I can! Should be a brisk challenge!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod