The Impact of Video Games on Youth...

SupG420

Rookie
As I'm sure you read in the Manifesto and if not you can here. about video games and how they are effecting America's youth. so rather than just read the comments of the manifesto page i decided to come here and see what everyone thinks, obviously I expect many "WHY YOU ***** VIDEO GAME ARE NOTH*******" if thats how your gunna be take it elsewhere, I love video game, always have, always will. But i wnted to get some opinions of fellow gamers on whether or not this is a problem.

Oh and P.S.
I don't mean like people 17 + or really even 16+ I mean like little kids.
Because not 2 days ago i saw a mother buying her 9 year old son Scarface: The World Is Yours. WTF? I bet the kid doesn't even know who Scarface is!!! Now thats where i have to draw the limits, we've all seen Scarface. Violent, to say the least. so why would you buy you 9 year old kid the game? anyway, like at least 14 till he needs Scarface.[

I think little kids should be exposed to violent video games more often. Builds character. But don't let them online. That's just annoying.

I say does it matter? Because kids will see violence anyway on TV, Movies, in music, etc.

It doesn't affect them, and if it does, it's more due to psychological problems and salutary neglect on the parents behalf that they did not notice problems.

Kool_Aide_Man said:
I think little kids should be exposed to violent video games more often. Builds character. But don't let them online. That's just annoying.
I agree to an extint, I had a fuckin 12 year-old told me he would fly me up in a chopper and hang me, and where did he get that?

SCARFACE

The movie, not the game, I dont think.
Whatkind~O~Shit is that.
So i told him I had nuts bigger than him,that I had killed once already, and that i wasn't afraid to go back to prision.
Stupid kid.
He believed me. HAHA showed him. lol

Children often need less protection than we, as a society, give them. That said, I can understand how many come to the conclusion that media can shape who a child becomes. To some degree, I am sure it does, but that degree is minute from where the child is socioeconomically, how well he or she does in school, the school itself, and most importantly, the parents.

People are getting killed in Darfur and real little kids are running around in real gangs and being involved in real violence.

Can videogames influence little kids? Not as much as their parents. I'm an overly compassionate guy. I've played some incredibly violent games growing up. Videogames don't raise children, parents do. I'm not talking about whether or not parents buy their children the games, I'm talking about how the children are taught to digest these games. Not even that. How children are raised leads to how good they are at the core, leading to how they digest the games.

Do videogames cause problems in youths? I don't know, nor do I care. It's so insignificant. It's a symptom. These fucking dumbasses need to stop attacking the symptom. Videogames being gone doesn't make you a better parent. Quit being selfish by overblowing your stupid problem. The fact that a single dime has been spent on actual organizations and research on such a ridiculous topic when there are so many more important things the money needs to be spent on is frightening.

So, do I think videogames are a problem? No, no I fucking don't, and these parents need to find a hobby, become a soccer mom, go to a parenting seminar, something, anything.

This isn't, of course, to belittle the genuinely unfortunate situations that have indeed stemmed from videogames due to the lack of knowledge by the parent of content and naivety of the child. However, such an insignificant number of the accusations against videogames have merit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod