Now in theaters

TheNesMan said:
Planet of the apes was decent, but it wasn't anything to rave about. Give me the original ten times over. Harry Potter 7 part 2 was great, Captain America was good, Horrible Bosses was funny (mostly because of Charlie), Friends with Benefits was good (JT is the bomb).

Edit: Tree of Life was....very interesting. Didn't care for the 20 minutes of National Geographic but once the dialog began, it was a good movie.
Captain America was good. I did wanna see Horrible Bosses cause Charlie was in it (god I love that show)

i think a lot of great actors are always great actors.. jack nicholson is ALWAYS jack nicholson.
denzel washington is ALWAYS an angry black man with nothing to lose. johnny depp is always johnny depp.

etc.

i think the people who get away with being considered actors who can play multiple roles are the ones with less of a personality.leonardo dicaprio (my favorite actor), russell crowe.

depp and nicholson will always be depp and nicholson because of their strong personalities.

deniro, also, an incredible actor, but hes always deniro.

TheNesMan said:
Friends with Benefits was good (JT is the bomb).

I thought maybe this was a date night and you ended up getting laid. But then you said JT is the bomb instead of Mila Kunis is sexy.

I'm concerned Nessie...

Wes said:
TheNesMan said:
Friends with Benefits was good (JT is the bomb).

I thought maybe this was a date night and you ended up getting laid. But then you said JT is the bomb instead of Mila Kunis is sexy.

I'm concerned Nessie...

Thought same thing. I'd swim through shark infested waters with a steak tied to my package and then crawl through a pit of HIV infected needles naked while it's raining lemon juice and salt just to smell Mila Kunis' farts

Lethean said:
I heard Conan sucked and Fright Night was good...Based off of Rotten Tomatoes. I'm seeing Conan tomorrow despite that and it looks badass. Fright Night..Well, the original was pretty fun and this one looks just as good. I also plan on seeing that. Maybe tonight! I heard Colin Farrell has tons of fun in it and is great in the role.

Rotten Tomatoes is such garbage. The remake of True Grit has like a 93%, which is total horseshit. The John Wayne original is completely superior in every conceivable way. Better acting, better scenery, better production.

intoTheRain said:
i think a lot of great actors are always great actors.. jack nicholson is ALWAYS jack nicholson.
denzel washington is ALWAYS an angry black man with nothing to lose. johnny depp is always johnny depp.

etc.

i think the people who get away with being considered actors who can play multiple roles are the ones with less of a personality.leonardo dicaprio (my favorite actor), russell crowe.

depp and nicholson will always be depp and nicholson because of their strong personalities.

deniro, also, an incredible actor, but hes always deniro.

I completely agree. Which brings up the question, are they great, overused so we get used to them, or simply entertaining. To me, a great actor is Daniel Day Lewis. A man with no tell to speak of and he is his character. Or perhaps Ralph Fiennes. Now whEn it comes to DeNiro or Pacino, they are good but unfortunately, they're in a comfort zone so to speak and for the most part have become charicatures of themselves.

Back to the topic at hand - Saw Conan tonight and it was awesome. Not without it's flaws though. The first half had dialogue and bloody, intense action. The second half lost it's dialogue and it's balls. Still lives up to it's expectations however - it's a fucking Conan movie afterall. Don't expect Citizen Kane.

Ps. Ignore any typos as this was done at 1:08 am, from an iPhone, after drinking all day.

Yes daniel day lewis is incredible.

But I think deniro, nicholson, depp etc. Are too. I think it's literally impossible for someone with as strong a personality as those three have to not come across as themselcves on screen. But I don't think that matters. What matters in a good actor is that they can make their character believable, they can make you feel the emotion the writer intends for you to feel. And all three do this with flying colors.

And I totally disagree with the true grit remake comment. The new version is a very, very well done movie. That and 3:10 to yuma are the two best remakes in a while imo. The new true grit also copied the original story a lot more closely. Unlike the original.

intoTheRain said:
And I totally disagree with the true grit remake comment. The new version is a very, very well done movie. That and 3:10 to yuma are the two best remakes in a while imo. The new true grit also copied the original story a lot more closely. Unlike the original.

+1 to that. Plus 1 to that.

Columbiana, my idiot brother, and don't be afraid of the dark comes out tomorrow. Anyone going to see any of them? Me, I'm taking the ol lady to see Don't be afraid of the dark, looks good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod