Now in theaters

I heard Conan sucked and Fright Night was good...Based off of Rotten Tomatoes. I'm seeing Conan tomorrow despite that and it looks badass. Fright Night..Well, the original was pretty fun and this one looks just as good. I also plan on seeing that. Maybe tonight! I heard Colin Farrell has tons of fun in it and is great in the role.

Lethean said:
I heard Conan sucked and Fright Night was good...Based off of Rotten Tomatoes. I'm seeing Conan tomorrow despite that and it looks badass. Fright Night..Well, the original was pretty fun and this one looks just as good. I also plan on seeing that. Maybe tonight! I heard Colin Farrell has tons of fun in it and is great in the role.
Thanks Lethean. I kinda figured Conan would suck, and Fright Night I knew would be good since they stuck to the roots of the original. Horror with a mix of comedy. I was just wondering since I usually see a topic on movies that come out. It helps me figure what's gonna be worth seeing or not. There should be a topic on movies in theaters, like there is on comic book movies.

I heard Conan sucks too, I'll pass. Fright Night... meh, no wonder our society is so jaded when we keep getting crappy 80's reboots.

As for awesome movies I've seen that are (probably) still in theaters..
-Rise of the Planet of the Apes
-Captain America
-Horrible Bosses
-X-Men: First Class

And disappointing ones...
-30 Minutes or Less
-Cowboys and Aliens
-Green Lantern

WickedLiquid said:
I heard Conan sucks too, I'll pass. Fright Night... meh, now wonder our society is so jaded when we keep getting crappy 80's reboots.

As for awesome movies I've seen that are (probably) still in theaters..
-Rise of the Planet of the Apes
-Captain America
-Horrible Bosses
-X-Men: First Class

And disappointing ones...
-30 Minutes or Less
-Cowboys and Aliens
-Green Lantern
-
Xmen was awesome? I heard mixed feelings on it. Really, planet of the apes? The way the monkeys are digitally made turns me off. Hell the original they looked more realistic.

Longo_2_guns said:
X-Men was awesome, and I really liked Cowboys and Aliens.
I got to see it when it comes out on DVD then, if you say it was good Longo. I just don't think I could deal with Cowboys and Aliens.

Oh trust me, X-Men was indeed awesome. The trailer made it look corny but it is one of the best movies in the film franchise. I think the people who hated it were looking for a story accurate to the comics. However the prequel is canon to the film trilogy and set in its own universe. I didn't know the details behind Professor or Magneto's origin so I thought it told a great story.

As for Planet of the Apes, I wasn't expecting much but it was pretty amazing. Andy Serkis who is the real star of the movie did a fantastic job playing a monkey who expresses his emotions without any dialogue. It gets a little silly at times but it's a popcorn flick and the CGI motion capture is some of the best I've seen since Avatar. Definitely entertaining.

WickedLiquid said:
Oh trust me, X-Men was indeed awesome. The trailer made it look corny but it is one of the best movies in the film franchise. I think the people who hated it were looking for a story accurate to the comics. However the prequel is canon to the film trilogy and set in its own universe. I didn't know the details behind Professor or Magneto's origin so I thought it told a great story.

As for Planet of the Apes, I wasn't expecting much but it was pretty amazing. Andy Serkis who is the real star of the movie did a fantastic job playing a money and expressing his emotions without any dialogue. It gets a little silly at times but it's a popcorn flick and the CGI motion capture is some of the best I've seen since Avatar. Definitely entertaining.
I never said I didn't believe you on Xmen but gotta dissagree on the CGI graphics on Rise of the planet of the apes, but to each his own.

I missed out on Xmen, i wish i saw it in cinemas. Guess i'll have to wait for the bluray to come out.

I saw Rise of the apes on friday; good movie, caeser was a bit of a snobby prick a times. The overall movie was a bit short and i was disappointed how they only stuck with CGI apes, but i guess that boiled down to training monkeys on a film set. wouldwatchagain/10.

Actually i'm probally gonna take the ol lady to see Don't be afraid of the dark next week. Haven't seen a true scary horror movie in awhile. Apollo 18 looks good too.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes wins the District 9 Award for kickass August release. I saw it twice. I haven't seen a movie twice in theaters since King Kong. Notice a pattern?

Seriously, the apes were the stars, the humans are just an afterthought. The special effects are on par with the motion capture from LOTR and King Kong, and come on, its a movie where you root for the apes. Best movie I've seen this summer, edges out Super 8. (Yeah, I also saw Tree of Life, and even thought its a summer movie, its not a Summer Movie, so I don't consider it such).

Planet of the apes was decent, but it wasn't anything to rave about. Give me the original ten times over. Harry Potter 7 part 2 was great, Captain America was good, Horrible Bosses was funny (mostly because of Charlie), Friends with Benefits was good (JT is the bomb).

Edit: Tree of Life was....very interesting. Didn't care for the 20 minutes of National Geographic but once the dialog began, it was a good movie.

TheNesMan said:
Edit: Tree of Life was....very interesting. Didn't care for the 20 minutes of National Geographic but once the dialog began, it was a good movie.

A good movie huh? I saw the Thin Red Line and thought it was long, drawn out and dry but had excellent cinematography and the scenery and imagery was bar none some of the best I had seen at the time. I also saw Terrence Malick's other one, The New World and felt that one dragged, was dull and rather bland...Given that, think I may feel differently about Tree of Life?

IntoTheRain - Despite Ryan Gosling always being Ryan Gosling, I do want to see Drive. It looks like a blend between independent and an action vehicle.

I think my most anticipated film is Prometheus and it won't be out until June of next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod