Nananananananana Arkham

schimmel

Rookie
Wow, I can't believe that an Arkham Asylum topic hasn 't sprung up yet! I got it yesterday for PS3 and it's awesome. Anyone else enjoying it?

I received mine at the midnight launch, I was pretty upset the fact the batarang doesn't actually come off the stand :(

But other than that the game and the free flow combat is ace, I'm mostly using my detective mode the whole time so that's the downside

(Just to brag, I was ranked 33 for the Crime Alley Challenge map)

I'll probabaly get it in the next few days - I loved the demo and I've read some reviews (yes, Ugh I read yours) so I'm pretty confident that I'll love it.

after playing this game, i want to make love to the devolpers. my nerdgasm knows no bounds with this game. thank you rocksteady for a good batman game and a good superhero game. i'll sleep with you all.

The only problem I have with the game is the random change of pace, For instance, After beating up a few hundred Henchmen, you run to a new location, such as the gardens, and killed almost instantly by snipers.

Though that's just me.

Finally got the chance to crack open my PS3 copy of the game and it is well worth the ratings various sites have given it. Great graphics and gameplay, music matches well. One minor quibble is the cutscenes- the mouth on the characters are not very well animated when talking most times. Still, doesn't take away from the overall enjoyment.

This game is pretty fantastic. I got it on 360.

It makes you feel like Batman. I love the seamless combat and abrupt stealthiness. It is kind of what Batman is about.

I wish some of the "detective" features were more fleshed out. I enjoy the Riddler puzzles but I want to do more actual detecting.

Also, if you are getting killed by Snipers, you are not thinking like The Batman.

^ Not to mention that The Joker is voiced by Mark Hammill!

I got it on PS3 and the "Play as the Joker" mode is actually pretty cool. It's only in challenge modes, and there are a lot less maps for him than there are for Batman, but his combat is awesome and the special finishers (the triangle + circle or B+Y combo) are incredible.

The story is too short but it's replayable because I want to find all the Riddler trophies, or at least solve all his riddles.

I've played it about four times, and I'm at about 85% completion. Needless to say, I had a little trouble putting the controller down. Game of the Year, by far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle