MGS 4 is a prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hideo Kojima's convoluted stories of intrigue and mystery have given anyone carte blanché to put out any wacky idea and claim it as legit because Kojima has delivered such seemingly far-fetched stories before.

For all we know, MGS4 is nothing more but a dream and when you beat the game, Snake wakes up!

Makes more sense then Liquid staying alive by attaching his arm to Ocelot.

I'm a big fan of the MGS series. But part 2 didn't do it for me.

When I found out MGS3 was a prequel set in the 60's I instantly thought that Hideo went so overboard with Sons of Liberty that he himself could not continue that story.

And while Snake Eater was perfect in every way, IMO it was geared towards fans of the first game rather then the second. This one looks like it's geared to the Japanese more who prefered part 2 over part 1.

I know I'm going to get my hands on this and play it regardless. I just hope that because it features Raiden and has more of a MGS2 feel to it that it's not full of twists every 5 seconds. My brain can only take so much.

I think the mind f u c ks in MGS are awesome and really keep you hooked on the game more than anything.

^
Mind fucks in MGS 1 and 3, yes. Mindfucks in MGS2, not really.

I liked the game up until the end where ever 5 minutes someone would say; "No, this was the real objective!" And then we're treated to a 20 minutes codec dialouge overload with AI Roy telling us how humanity is faulty. It was just way too over the top for me.

pres50 said:
Gas, c'mon man that sounds lame. How can any badass villian or hero for that matter be called Gas. Fear my Gas.
LOL
Well when you say it like that, I do kind of "fear" someone who goes around, releasing their "gas" everywhere, thats disturbing.
How is it a prequel?
Like they said, older snake, older otacon,
New, MORE advanced Metal Gear(s) I fail to see how it could possibly be a prequel. We shall see though, I've been wrong before.

Just throwing this into the mix: watch the trailers. I distinctly remember one of them with Naomi telling Snake that she injected nanomachines into his body at Shadow Moses. Seems like an odd thing to tell someone before the incident at Shadow Moses has even happened yet. And what about Otacon's Metal Gear Mk. II? Isn't that based off Metal Gear REX? And the new, advanced Metal Gears from the trailers? Were they not based off REX as well? And the nanomachines in the soldiers bodies? They are third generation, based off the first generation ones at Shadow Moses. I just don't see how this can be a prequel.

Okay, we pretty much figured that out on our own. There really was no need to bump this topic...Especially when it's 9 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod