Hayter is back!

SupG420

Rookie
In case no one else read it David hayter has signed on for the role of Snake, once again for the upcomming sequel,sweet.

You can read it yourself here, and check out the original article here.

Yay!
I was worried they may get a new Snake for the new MGS because of his age changing so greatly, but hooray, they kept Hayter!!!!
Now we can all listen to the same Snake we've been listening to for almost 10 years now.

David Hayter is an excellent voice actor, so I am glad he is reprising his role as Solid Snake. I am sure he will do an excellent job, like always.

I also hope the supporting cast comes back as well. In particular Phil Lamar as Vamp. He did a great job in MGS 2, and I would love to see him in the next one.

I'm one of the biggest fans of the MGS saga.

I have really fond memories of part 1, and I remember the voice acting being top notch. Also, Liquid (and his voice actor) was just fucking cool.

I have to say, the voice acting in MGS games has been getting worse.

And after seeing many many MGS: 3 trailers in their Japanese voice-overs. I have to say they are waaaay superior to the English versions.

Now that there is Blu-Ray and in other words, a whole lotta space. I really wish they would incorporate the option of the original Japanese voice-overs and subtitles.

That would make MGS:4 a much more immersive experience.

LinksOcarina said:
Do they now? Anyone have a pic of Hayter?
hayter.jpg

All he needs is his bandana

EliaSoZ, I remember reading around the time that Snake Eater came out that Hideo Kojima wanted to make both versions of the game (US and Japanese) in the English dubbing, subtitling the Japanese version, since he liked the American voice overs so much better.

Hayter is kinda pudgy in person. Hugh Jackman would make a cool Snake.

Are you serious??

That's not good news. The Japanese just sounds more involved, realistic, and flows better, IMO.

Well, it was a long time ago that I read that so I doubt it's gonna happen at this point.

How well do you speak Japanese? Because how well you speak a language can affect how well you can pick up on the verbal imperfections in someones performance.

I'm so-so in Japanese. I just took the first class last semester. But I know enough to tell the difference, the Japanese version doesn't even come close in terms of imperfections to the U.S.

Also, you don't even need to know Japanese to notice this. Go to gametrailers.com, watch at least two different Japanese trailers for MGS: 3 in HD. Look at their lips, how they are close to what is being said. How they sound more in character, more realistic and believable. Also, notice how all the characters seem to have matching voices to their personalities, which matters a lot (for example, compare Volgin between the US and Japanese versions, or Boss (Snake's mentor)).

Then, open youtube and watch some videos (not trailers) for MGS: 3 or 2 in English. Look at how the lack of lip-synching affects the performance, the CRAZY amount of weird and awkward silences and pauses. The parts that didn't sound in place. etc...etc...etc

I love David Hayter. But I definitely would have rather played MGS 2 and 3 in Japanese with subtitles as it greatly would have increased my enjoyment of the game when it would have flowed much smoother.

Longo_2_guns said:
I like it more in english. Less reading.

I think I have no problem with the reading. Being literate and in college and all.

Normal + realistic + in-character dialogue + reading subtitles >>> less reading

I think the English character dialouge is generally normal, realistic, and in-character.

The option for Japenese dialouge would be a nice fearture in games with awful English acting, but that's obviously not necessary for MGS.

You obviously haven't played MGS: 3 or 2.

Well, in general the voice acting is good. But compared to the original Japanese it really falls short.

I think that it is real enough. It is a video game, after all.
But when it gets Yakuza bad, that is different.

Longo_2_guns said:
I think that it is real enough. It is a video game, after all.
But when it gets Yakuza bad, that is different.

It's definitely decent.

But like I said, when compared it doesn't hold up well at all. I think I'll start a petition and gather people to sign it through the help of facebook. It probably won't work, but it can't hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod