Kiefer Sutherland is...Solid Snake.

GRColin

Rookie
According to Gamesrader, Kiefer Sutherland has been officially tapped to voice Snake in the upcoming MGS.

[UPDATE 6/6/13] One of the biggest tidbits of news from Konami's pre-E3 press conference this morning is that David Hayter is officially out, and Kiefer Sutherland is officially in for Metal Gear Solid 5. More than just voicing the iconic Solid Snake, the 24 star also lent his acting chops in mo-cap sessions for the game.

edit: DAMN YOU ALEX OSBORN! :(

Good.

I know this will be unpopular, but I cannot stand David Hayter's work as Snake. It's partially the dialogue to blame, but his voice is so cheesy and forced. His "Snake voice" is certainly more egregious than Christian Bale's "Batman voice" but he never gets any sh*t about it.

I know the campiness is one of the hallmarks of MGS, but a better actor is going to be a good step.

used44 said:
Good.

I know this will be unpopular, but I cannot stand David Hayter's work as Snake. It's partially the dialogue to blame, but his voice is so cheesy and forced. His "Snake voice" is certainly more egregious than Christian Bale's "Batman voice" but he never gets any sh*t about it.

I know the campiness is one of the hallmarks of MGS, but a better actor is going to be a good step.

I totally agree. It may have been fine back in the day of gruff voiced action heroes but now it's just ridiculous and extremely cheesy.

I am alright with this. I love the series and I love the voice of Snake but its not a bad move by any means. Sutherland is a natural rasp whereas Hayter is a forced rasp. I am wondering if this is simply one character that is being replaced though. I mean, what if Kojima pulls a MGS2 on us and we play as Solid And Big Boss? Instead do Solid and Raiden?

Meh, I dunno, I'll have to hear it to judge for myself. After 3 generations of playing Metal Gear Solid it'll be hard to hear Snake as anyone else than Hayter.

It's like... replacing the cheerful voice actor for Mario with James Gandolfini. "Eh! Oh! Relax Luigi, I'm just bustin your balls ova here!"

...Ok, so it's nothing like that, but it would still be a big adjustment.

Kiefer's voice is the greatest voice in the world (bar Bary White), and I believe this is a great move! Fans will love it.
Like Bretticus said, natural rasp - lovely stuff.

LinksOcarina said:
I can think of worse actors I guess.

It's quite easy to think of worse actors. Lorenzo Lamas is...Solid Snake! Although he did come out in a film called Snake Eater...

Gary Busey is... SOLID SNAKE

buseyclapping.gif

Just thinking, as this MGS is going to be split into two parts, is it possible that Kiefer will be voicing one part and David the part?

You can hear him in the e3 trailer. Awesome trailer, game looks brilliant. I prefer the old sound of Solid Snake. Pulled up a youtube clip of some of his quotes, and I love it. I don't now if it's nostalgia, or what. I don't really like known voices in my video games I'm glad rockstar went away from it, but there's still something there for voices like in Resident evil game, otocon, meryl. All that stuff. I don't know I don't like much what video games have become, or are trying to become. Hopefully we will have a breath of fresh air this generation. More color too. Color palette's are so drab in video games. Anyways I've went off topic. I miss the music too!

So...The new MGS...I haven't read anything about it save for the bit about Kiefer and watching the trailer which I absolutely loved. Is it a prequel to 4 or set after the events of 4? If it's set after the events I sure as hell hope in 4 they go over Snake's turnaround from his ailment. (Only on act 3 so I haven't finished it yet.)

Toddy said:
It's set after MGS3 and Peace Walker but before Metal Gear.
Ahh. Thanks! Didn't ever play 3 or Peace Walker. Assuming thats why I didn't get who was hostage and why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod