MGS 4 is a prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pres50

Rookie
Im pretty damn sure MGS 4 is a prequel to MGS 1, i had this topic on here a long time ago and people thought it was outrageous but it would just be like Kojima to do something like this and there is a lot of evidence to back it up. Raiden = Grayfox, OldSnake = Big Boss (remember in the trailer when they showed a young snake in the end). Even though kojima has stated that it takes place after the events of MGS 2 that doesnt matter to me, remember reading the back of the box for MGS 2 and thinking you were going to be playing as Snake the whole time investegating what Metal Gear was doing on a tanker ; yeah we all know what happened with that, we got to play as Raiden on the big shell the whole game. And also we found out the real Naomi was in the middle east while playing MGS 1, where does MGS 4 take place so far as we know, oh yeah the mid east.

Yeah... and a 40 year old otacon magically went back in time. But of course with Prof. cuckoo bananas Kojima, I wouldn't be surprised if that does turn out to be true.

Also I think the young snake you are talking about is Raiden.

no my friend im not that stupid, ask anyone and watch the trailer they clearly show a young SolidSnake, I know who Raiden is.

Have to play the waiting game to find out. Sadly I have no PS3 - so someone will have to tell me.

Would be cool pres50's way, because playing as an old solid snake with grey hair etc annoys me.

Well the young snake could be another clone. There were three originally from the les infantes terrible project. Solid, Liquid, Solidus...

Solidus was older, because he had rapidly matured faster, Liquid was the youngest...

Oh

and hell. let's not forget about Zannzibar and Outer Heaven...:(

-dL

Solidus should have been named 'Gas'. Then a fourth brother named 'Plasma' would come out at the end of the next game.

Gas, c'mon man that sounds lame. How can any badass villian or hero for that matter be called Gas. Fear my Gas.

Whatever man at least i know that young snake was in the trailer aside from old snake, which is why i said i was not stupid because th other guy was trying to tell me that young snake was not in the trailer. But yeah nice smartass comment, I'm stupid for thinking this about this theory blah blah, but I will laugh soooo hard if I am right. Oh and Raiden is obviously a clone of Grayfox.

Nah I don't think Raiden is clone of Grayfox either. Why would they make a Grayfox clone go through a Shadow Moses reproduction. Raiden is most likely just Raiden. The goal of the Raiden project was just to turn a normal human soldier into something like Solid Snake. Then again I haven't really played MGS in while. The "ninja" costume will be explained but I highly doubt the gray fox clone theory.

pres50 said:
Whatever man at least i know that young snake was in the trailer aside from old snake, which is why i said i was not stupid because th other guy was trying to tell me that young snake was not in the trailer. But yeah nice smartass comment, I'm stupid for thinking this about this theory blah blah, but I will laugh soooo hard if I am right. Oh and Raiden is obviously a clone of Grayfox.

Explain Otacon and Meryl's appearance in the game., also, the child Raiden protects.

what if Otacon is working with Big Boss (old snake) and Meryl (who cares she can be there) and lets assume that Raiden is actually GrayFox (it was stated that Raiden is in bad condition and being kept alive by the suit, hmm wasnt GrayFox being kept alive by a suit as well in MGS 1?)

Grey said:
pres50 said:

Explain Otacon and Meryl's appearance in the game., also, the child Raiden protects.

Big boss has schizophrenia mixed with psychic abilities. Also Raiden or Gray Fox is pedophile.

pres50 said:
what if Otacon is working with Big Boss (old snake) and Meryl (who cares she can be there) and lets assume that Raiden is actually GrayFox (it was stated that Raiden is in bad condition and being kept alive by the suit, hmm wasnt GrayFox being kept alive by a suit as well in MGS 1?)

...a sound theory. :roll:

Hey I'm just throwing it out there, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kojima did a story twist like this.

Mind fuck of a twist yes, but the fourth installment being a prequel won't happen. Its already set in stone that the majority of the fourth game is set in the future, having flashbacks to previous events we haven't witnessed yes is a distinct possibility, but that's the only possibility of "prequel territory" I can see in MGS4.

See this image. That's official artwork from Konami, it hasn't been scrapped and is still a representation of the game. Notice Vamp's presence, with gunshot wound to the forehead? That follows on from MGS2, then we have Meryl, now shown as much more battle hardened woman, remember the absolute fuck stick she was when trying to operate a weapon when Snake first met her in MGS1? Raiden and baby, well, Rose said she was pregnant towards the end of the many drawn out codec conversations in MGS2, this tid-bit of information was in a mandatory codec conversation, not an extra you get for calling her over and over. (Honestly, who would, she was annoying.)Then we see Ocelot, bearing his replaced arm taken from Liquid, clearly we have an aged Snake and Otacon. Following these two, a frail Snake, perhaps Big Boss? We were never 100% sure that he was dead, even in MGS1 with the "confirmed" corpse of Big Boss mentioned at the beginning, it seemed extremely shaky and as we all know, Kojima could easily find a way to bring him back as still alive... just. Girl on the right - Chick from MGS3 much older, forgotton her name for now, the love interest.

Those are very good points that do prove my theory wrong, but for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if it was a prequel somehow, but even if it is not a prequel I still believe Old Snake to be big boss and Raiden to be a clone of GrayFox.

You mean old Snake working with Otacon in the trailers or old old Snake in the promotional art I linked to? Raiden being a clone of Gray Fox I really don't see since Raiden's past was explained by Solidus in MGS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle