MGS 4 Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

pres50

Rookie
For the record I firmly believe that MGS 4 is a prequel and takes place before the events of MGS 1. But if it is not a prequel and in fact is the sequel to MGS2:SOL than my money says that Old Snake is Big Boss and Young Snake is the Snake we know and love. How would Snake be so old if he was born in 1971 as part of Le Enfante Terrible thing along with Liquid Snake. Maybe the FOXDIE has aged him perhaps, but the ''real Snake'' is clearly shown at the end of the trailer leading me to believe that all is not what it seems which is not surprising considering that this is MGS we are talking about. Oh and if you haven't figured it out by now Raiden = Grayfox's clone IMO. In the end we'll have to play the game to know whats going on for sure...duh.

pres50 said:
In the end we'll have to play the game to know whats going on for sure...duh.

...or play the game and still have no clue as to what the fuck is going on.

haha true that. I have moved this topic to the sony forum, just a heads up. So this one will probably get closed or something.

MGS games suck.

MGS games DO NOT suck!!!! They are among the best games ever made,
MGS3 imo is one of the best games ive ever played,
so for you to come out and say they suck is a blatant LIE :evil: :evil:
But it your opinion so you are entitled to say what you think. :p

nellyo99 said:
MGS games suck.

MGS games DO NOT suck!!!! They are among the best games ever made,
MGS3 imo is one of the best games ive ever played,
so for you to come out and say they suck is a blatant LIE :evil: :evil:
But it your opinion so you are entitled to say what you think. :p

Your opinion qualifies for this rule as well. :p

I said it before, there is too much material available to prove that MGS4 is not a prequal. They could have a section that does pre-date MGS1, but everything shown uses technology that far outdates that seen in MGS1 and 2. Not to mention the progression of the story after 1 and 2 is quite obvious with Otakon communicating with Snake in all shown trailers, that and Raiden. Just too much. I don't how you can seriously believe its a prequal with all of that to consider. Kojima does pull the wool over our eyes but he's not a fucking retcon wizard.

Raiden as a Grey Fox clone I can see, but I doubt this is a prequel. Too much evidence goes against it.

1. Snake was aged into his early 40's in the MGS 2, Sons of Liberty. Pepperish hair, rugged face, etc.

2. Otacon looks slightly older in this game, around in his late 30's early 40's as well in MGS 4. Considering the timeline, it is feasible, as Emma Emmerich was around 16-17 when she was killed by Vamp.

3. Snakes evolution himself, while it is still inconclusive, probably has to do with the Foxdie virus from MGS. He is dying, and thats why he needs the shots to keep him alive. Accelerated age is possibly due to the shots, although thats inconclusive.

4. Raiden dons the Cyber Ninja costume, and Raiden didn't exist until after the events of MGS, or he was a young boy at the time.

5. Ocelot is also older, by a lot. That may be due to his real age, but I think even that was accelerated a bit by the Liquid Snake arm implant/ mind takeover that is occuring within him.

So this is a continuation of the story after the Sons of Libery.

LinksOcarina said:
3. Snakes evolution himself, while it is still inconclusive, probably has to do with the Foxdie virus from MGS. He is dying, and thats why he needs the shots to keep him alive. Accelerated age is possibly due to the shots, although thats inconclusive.

5. Ocelot is also older, by a lot. That may be due to his real age, but I think even that was accelerated a bit by the Liquid Snake arm implant/ mind takeover that is occuring within him.
I was thinking, maybe Snake is so much older because the cells they use to clone him were radioactively decaying. Remember, Big Boss participated in the Bikini Atoll nuclear tests.

And Ocelot was born on D-day. So he would be pretty old.

They already covered that Snake was aging at an accelerated rate as consequence of being a clone. All the clones aged at a faster-than-normal rate because Big Boss was cloned in his late sixties and the genetic material they used was degraded. I believe this was explained by solidus in SOL.

Oh, and I am closing this topic, for future discussion in PS forum, and when the games details are finally released.

-dL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod