Will I like MGS V?

Anyone gotten DD to pull out a knife and shanked someone? Pretty impressive.

Also, you guys met Huey yet? I absolutely *hate* Huey. It's funny to think that Skullface is actually more likable than Hal's father but there it is.

I thought I might revive this topic - Lethean, if you read this, did you ever get into Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

I gave up on it. My reasons for it may contain minor spoilers.

The game contains fifty total missions for its story. The first thirty are comprised of chapter one, while the second chapter is the remaining twenty. I've read and been told by various sources that the second chapter of MGSV goes down hill and previous missions are essentially recycled. I also heard that that the ending of the game isn't quite "complete", due to the issues of Konami and Kojima.

I also find the Side Ops missions to be very repetitive, which is annoying because Side Ops is one of the main ways to get money (GP) in-game to get new items and weapons, upgrade stuff, build Mother Base etc. Problem is, building things in Mother Base takes a very long time, as does upgrading weapons. Sadly, these build times must be done in real time while the game is on.

Next, at some point in the game you unlock the ability to invade other players' Mother Bases online, of course you can be invaded too, which is fair. Problem is, you have to participate in this and there's no option to turn it off. If a player invades your base and succeeds, they are able to steal your valuable resources away from you. Konami introduced an "insurance" system, so you pay real money to protect your resources from being stolen. To me, this is ridiculous, especially considering how long it takes to get money in-game and how quickly you can spend it, as upgrades become very expensive later on in the game. I often found that I could maybe upgrade one, possibly two things in Mother Base, then I'd have no money again.

For me, MGSV started off as a fast paced, epic roller coaster ride that suddenly starts to slow down and gets really, really bumpy. It's because of these reasons above that I've called it quits on MGSV.

Lack of story and narrative upsets me most. It's what makes MGS an MGS game!

The Opening prologue got me SO damn excited. Then the rest is bollocks haha.

SPOILERS:

The boss fights are even rubbish!! There's only Sahelanthropus and Quiet that have "health bars" along with the man on fire phase 1. But it's not what MGS is about when it comes to boss fights - another major let down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo