Kojima Productions revealing something to us in 3 days?

GRColin

Rookie
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174185

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?
An email from a Konami source warns that something is coming in "T -3 days".
By Dustin Quillen, 05/12/2009
Kojima Productions Curious what the folks at Kojima Productions have been up to since they shipped Metal Gear Solid 4 nearly a year ago? Of course you are. That's why we're pretty sure you'll be just as perplexed and intrigued as we were when you see the cryptic email we received from a source within Konami early this morning.

Bearing the subject line "T -3 days" and containing only a link (http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next) pointing to a currently barren section of Konami's Japanese website, the email message appears to be a dead end -- for now. You'd better believe we'll be checking back regularly over the next few days to see if anything actually comes of this tease, though.

Some people are already speculating - Zone of Enders 3? A new MGS title? MGS4 for the 360?

This is an image from Famitsu where it's been speculated that the clouds are shaped like Old Snake:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/227.jpg (Tags left out as the picture is huge.)

Of course, for all we know it could be an announcement that there will be new mints shaped like Snake's mullet exclusively bundled with a DSi. Remember the last time Konami/Kojima productions made a very hush hush ad that stirred a lot of commotion? It was a lame iTouch game.

Someone is gonna need to help me out with that picture, because I don't see anything.

Kojima knows how to hype, so you have to be careful, because this could end up being nothing. I think it's gonna be a new MSG title, but not a sequel to MSG4

I'm sure it won't have anything to do with Old Snake since Kojima said that the Snake timeline is finished. Though that just means they'll be making games with younger Snake. I'm going to go with what everyone is saying MGS 5 will be: when Raiden was resuing Sunny from the Patriots. That would be a pretty cool game.

De-Ting said:
At the top of the image?

Oh, I completely forgot about that was in the image.

Now this bit of speculation is quite a stretch but....One site enhanced the image and saw there was a house off in the background. There's obvious storm clouds in the sky and Raiden was born during rainfall. So maybe it symbolizes Raiden being born in that hosue during a storm. Perhaps it's a story about Raiden? Like I said, a complete and total stretch but hey, speculating about this can be fun.

Edit: I also just found out that Raiden means thunder and lightning and the alternative name, Raijin was a Japanese God of thunder and lightning.

Well, I'm guessing there will be two announcements. First, they are working on a new game. And second, this will be their FIRST postponement announcement of its release.

I'm pretty sure that postponements are the only news that they do.

It most likely has something to do with Raiden, but there is much room for speculation. I however would like MGS4 on 360 so as I will not have to purchase a PS3 just for that game.

Delta47 said:
It most likely has something to do with Raiden, but there is much room for speculation. I however would like MGS4 on 360 so as I will not have to purchase a PS3 just for that game.
...."Okay Snake, I know it's a pain, but it's time to switch to disc two. See the disc labeled '2'?"

"Yeah."

Later...

"Okay Snake. Time to switch to disc twelve."

The site is now up: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

When you look at the source for the page you see this:

<meta name="copyright" content="©2009 Konami Digital Entertainment" />
<meta name="keywords" content="Hideo Kojima, MGS,METAL GEAR, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production ">

They could just be playing with us though knowing how the forums will be buzzing.

I want a new MGS where we play as Otacon controlling all the gadgets from the sidelines. Maybe a Blu Ray PS3 game where you play through MGS, MGS 2 and MGS 4. I would say Snake Eater, too, but Otacon wasn't alive yet.

How cool would it be to have an objective like "hide in the locker. Push circle to stay quiet. You have been found! Push square to piss yourself!"

I think it will be Raiden's turn.
I just played through MGS4 again.
And Snake does imply a lot that Raiden is still young and he has many fights left in him.

^ But Raiden's a tool. I like the fact that he was only in MGS 2 and then not really heard of again. When he was in the MGS4 trailer I was sad

Lethean said:
They could just be playing with us though knowing how the forums will be buzzing.

This is what they do...and they're doing it effectively if you look at the message boards for other sites.

schimmel said:
^ But Raiden's a tool. I like the fact that he was only in MGS 2 and then not really heard of again. When he was in the MGS4 trailer I was sad

He is now a free agent.
He has matured and I think that he would do great in his own Metal Gear game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod