Kickstarter

Free is def. the name of the game here.
And the game would largely be for us but should be playable for someone who has never visited before.

IMO, I think story is important 1st because it will let us know which medium would be better/easier to tell it.

Urban (not volunteering for ALL but just letting links know what I'd be willing to do if needed):
Music, Voice acting (if needed),
Game Tester, Level Design (?)

I agree, a compelling story is what I love. Twists people - I fucking love twists!

Duke IS Crave?!! Fuuuuuck.

MattAY said:
Duke IS Crave?!! Fuuuuuck.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

Tings story sounds good and the card game rpg hybrid would be a neat gametype. Like the Pokemon TGC for game boy

I just would like to alter the story so that we don't know that Crave is behind it at first.

Crave has turned Duke and other staff members as robots who keep pushing out reviews with suspiciously high scores. The community then starts a revolution (a game revolution *ba-dum tish*) against the staff defeating them one by one. Then the "shocking" tweest that Crave was behind it all. You move on to the Crave lair defeating annoying pop up ads and finally Crave itself embodied to something evil, a mixture of Jack Thompson and Kotick for example. Craves evil curse brokes and everyone talks shit on the forums happily ever after.

Now, should the members be the cards or people who you can have to join your party, maybe having a personal set of cards?

Affen said:
Tings story sounds good and the card game rpg hybrid would be a neat gametype. Like the Pokemon TGC for game boy

I just would like to alter the story so that we don't know that Crave is behind it at first.

Crave has turned Duke and other staff members as robots who keep pushing out reviews with suspiciously high scores. The community then starts a revolution (a game revolution *ba-dum tish*) against the staff defeating them one by one. Then the "shocking" tweest that Crave was behind it all. You move on to the Crave lair defeating annoying pop up ads and finally Crave itself embodied to something evil, a mixture of Jack Thompson and Kotick for example. Craves evil curse brokes and everyone talks s*** on the forums happily ever after.

Now, should the members be the cards or people who you can have to join your party, maybe having a personal set of cards?

I like that story, but II think that the player should have the choice of what "faction" they join in the revolution. Stay Loyal to Duke and turn to Crave - which gives you access to some players and card, and turns enemies into others and Vice Versa.

UrbanMasque said:
I like that story, but II think that the player should have the choice of what "faction" they join in the revolution. Stay Loyal to Duke and turn to Crave - which gives you access to some players and card, and turns enemies into others and Vice Versa.

That's a nice idea. The "good and evil" paths bringing a different ending.

I think that the game world could be the different forum and main site sections made to areas with likeness to the section. Playstation stuff at Sony forum; dust, spiderwebs and skeletons in RPG etc. And of course add some useless spam bot npc's here and there repeating the same slogans over and over.

Haha, it's so fun to just brainstorm. I really hope this stays alive.

Okay, okay. What about:

Making it into a dating sim where you play as a girl who answered the craiglist ad. Where in order to advance the relationship you have to play card games against us and get more powerful cards. Cause nothing says lovin' like beating him in a children's card game. Anyways the name could be "Love Revolution" or whatever. Or it could be like a side thing kinda like Mass Effect except with no alien side boob.

No? Okay, I'll stay in my corner. Watching. Quietly.

The only thing with doing the whole Duke vs Crave thing is it's a bit unfair to GR's current staff.

Perhaps something a little more grey vs gray. So we have everyone dress up in gray and we all go against Grey.

Seriously, a civil war of sorts, forum vs homepage? You play as a new user caught up in this and have to decide which side of the force you're on. Get to know the users on both sides of the fence, make it an actual tough choice since it is ordinary people vs ordinary people.

What we agree on:
-Needs to be able to navigate the levels like navigating the site.
-Including GR members (allies/bosses/common fodder/etc)
-"player" being someone brand new to GR

Needs to be determined:
-Story

I still personally like the civil war of the Crave 1984 type society for the better vs. the older members "insurgents" trying to win a dying war and keep their heritage. Some members can be agent provocateurs or playing both sides for their own personal gain. Make it very much a good v good where the choice will come down to the user needing to make a genuine decision. Doesn't have to be insulting, but it can poke fun.

Maybe we should each write our own outline to a story? Dont write a damn essay ;). Just focus on your own creation and your own world.

Then we wont have posts adding "this", "that" and "the other", and end up with a cesspool of crap!

We can do a vote-and-discus sort of jig to decide with is the best. And perhaps add some improving quirks to the winning story as contructive criticism.

I'm a programmer for a living (mostly C# .net) but I've never done any sort of game besides what was required in school.

Guernica said:
I'm a programmer for a living (mostly C# .net) but I've never done any sort of game besides what was required in school.

got a link to it or screenshot of the game?

Nah... It was just a battle bot game and was mostly just made to demonstrate network code. that was like 5 years ago. I have pretty much 0 experience doing any sort of game programming.

MattAY said:
Maybe we should each write our own outline to a story? Dont write a damn essay ;). Just focus on your own creation and your own world.

Then we wont have posts adding "this", "that" and "the other", and end up with a cesspool of crap!

We can do a vote-and-discus sort of jig to decide with is the best. And perhaps add some improving quirks to the winning story as contructive criticism.

If were going to do this we need a team of 3 or 5 to delegate the voting process, meaning they cant submit or be biased at all to anyones ideas or scripts.

Any volunteers, besides myself?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod