Kickstarter

NecroWolf

Regular
Checklist

Proposed Storyline:
(Courtesy of De-Ting)
Let's start with a main character. I suggest a new face, Newman MacKnob, nicknamed Mack, who is the epitome of a gamer. With his cool and collected attitude, as well as high blood-pressure, he joins the GR community, which is in the middle of a crisis.

The infamous Crave media group has captured the GR staff, and is holding them at ransom, demanding they reveal the location of the dUKE, who escaped their clutches years earlier with an important item, his secret beer chicken recipe. Crave Online's head honchos had tried to seize it from him when they took over GR, but they were caught off guard by his swashbuckling insult sword-fighting skills. Now they want revengeance, and have employed Bangladeshi hackers and Belgium trolls to do their dirty work.

Each staff member has been trapped in a different video game world, and Mack must use his extensive knowledge of each to find and rescue them. Along the way, he'll need the help of the many celebrity members of GR, but Crave has transformed them into trading cards.

Programmers (They code stuff)

Graphic Artists Possibilities (They draw stuff)
MattAY (we'll reward him with Asian chicks.)

Creative Team (They figure out dialogue, back story, and general game direction)
Sightless
NecroWolf
Longo (If he wants it)
De-Ting (proposed a bad ass storyline)
UrbanMasque

Project Leader Possibilities (This is the person who is going to organize everything, from ideas, and managing people, as well as gathering resources submitted like sprites, code, etc, and forwarding it to the correct people.)
Longo (Doesn't really want it)
De-Ting (May want it)

Voice Actors
Urban Masque

Publisher/Producer (The Bad Guys)
links

Concepts:
Point and Click Adventure Card Game (This is the dominant idea)
Card Game
Tactical RPG
FPS
Card-Game Tactical RPG
Point and click adventure game

Possible Engines:
RPGmaker

Questions that need resolved:
For GR members or mass audience
Difficulty

Note: Once we get everyone situated on what they're going to be doing, then we'll start working on this in earnest. Right now, I just want to get folks in certain positions, or at least areas of organized teams. You can't even start on developing anything unless you've got a team, so that is the first step. I'll record any ideas, concepts, etc, as well, but establishing who is doing what is paramount in the early stages.

Keep in mind this is a running tally of propositions, ideas, etc so someone doesn't have to scroll through the entire thread to see who may want to do what.

I'm "learning" processing right now, but wouldn't be able to do more than draw you basic pictures. I like the idea of a GR game. I'm down. What type of game?
rpg_vs_fps_chart.gif

RPG

RPGMaker! Several times throughout Gamepost's history, somebody has tried to cloud-source an RPG using RPGMaker. Never works out.

Where's MattAY? Dude seems to have a ton of time on his hands. And he LOVES sprites.

Well, since people are interested... We need to decide on what kind of game for starters, and a project leader. I'm a crap leader, so it can't be me.

For leader, I'd suggest Longo, he's good at organizing things like polls, contests, and whatnot. Any other suggestions are welcome, of course.

Ideas suggested so far:
RPG
Card Game
FPS

Once we get a nice bucket of ideas, we'll see about voting on which basic idea (genre) to make this game. Baby-steps for now.

I'm flattered, but I don't know if I'm the right guy to lead this.

I've got no idea what to do with this.

I can do the producing if you like.

As for the game type...what is the pitch for it first? Who is on the creative team?

Pazaak? Nah.

TRIPLE TRIAD!

I think I already made that clear.

Though, card game sounds good, if you guys are serious about it. Would it be Magic:tG styled? Or something else? Would it be GR stuff, or done for a mass audience?

Let's make it a sim date. Cheaper and easier to make. hehe...

But all seriousness, an RPG would be nice but hard for a concept. Can we do this?

...I've got it

TACTICS RPG!
Have everyone in there as a character with different stats and abilities. Have the setting be the internet or something.

Can it be done?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod