Is Obama doing a good job thus far?

Is Obama doing a good job?

• He's made some mistakes here and there but he is doing a good job regardless.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's doing a great job.

• Not at all. I regret/am glad I did not vote for him.

• I'm undecided. I see a lot of potential but also a lot of room for improvement.

• Total voters
UrbanMasque said:
To early to tell, but dont base his presidency on the markets performance.

Why? If he continually acts to reduce investment opportunities, why shouldn't his presidency be based on market performance?

The Economic Stimulus package and the bailouts are both ghosts of the last administration. I wish people would realize that.

For being on the job for 3 months, dude has done a fine job.

im not so sure about ghosts of the last administration. It may have been done while Bush was still president, but the bailouts were orchestrated by Obama's peeps who control congress.

yea...i'm not so sure that the last administration would have made an economic stimulus package filled with all the things Pelosi tossed in there. maybe there would have still been an expensive stimulus package, but it definitely would have been different.

i think Shaft's got it right too, i'm not convinced Bush's administration really had much to do with all this bailout business. and if they did, i'm not sure they would have kept it going like this. though there is something to be said about how much the Bush administration spent on other programs.

what worries me is the way Obama is going down his checklist of campaign promises. yeah, it's refreshing to see a president keep his word (it's worth pointing out that Bush did what he promised too, lots of people just didn't like what he said), but regardless of where you stand on overseas funding for planned parenting and spending on embryonic stem cell research issues, i wonder why these are the things being dealt with when our government has so little (negative amounts really) money to be doling out on these programs.

another interesting point, after already shutting down Gitmo, he plans on removing the "don't ask don't tell" policy. the military is a little miffed about that disruption. i understand the standpoint of the civil rights movement in regard to homosexuals/transgenders, but i think this is misappropriating that movement, as the military's policy is not a strike against a person being homosexual/transgender, it's not a stance on the issue at all, but simply a pragmatic handling of group dynamics in the military context.

rubicon7 said:
yea...i'm not so sure that the last administration would have made an economic stimulus package filled with all the things Pelosi tossed in there. maybe there would have still been an expensive stimulus package, but it definitely would have been different.

People complain about what got tossed in there, like it's all a big waste. To reference the daily show referencing George Carlin, "Isn't it funny how other peoples stuff is shit and how your shit is stuff?" Not only do these so called "ear marks" make up less than 2% of the whole bailout, they go to specifc assistance for certian states and organizations.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not helping someone else.

And if Bush did come up with a Bailout despite his Republican allies tell him to sit on his ass -like he did all along- That would be some wasteful spending and I'm sure he would not hold anyone accountable for blowing it on Bonuses and hookers.

Still too early, and the reason for much resistance is the fact that people are not working with him as much as he hoped to, or they disagree with what hes doing, and instead of maybe making their own plan, are just throwing a hissy fit over it.

Although I heard McCain just made a plan, so i'm curious to see his.

Uh... it was most definitely the last administration who proposed it. You don't remember McCain rushing to Washington to stand by the President and "get it done"?

StalfrosCC said:
Uh... it was most definitely the last administration who proposed it. You don't remember McCain rushing to Washington to stand by the President and "get it done"?

I do, but Obama is making his own last I checked, or I might be misunderstanding the whole crisis (which I hope i'm not.)

He's doing a great job. I wish the Republicans would just go away; their stupid beliefs is one of the reasons that America is in this mess and would make it worse if they got their way.

TheZoomZoomKid said:
He's doing a great job. I wish the Republicans would just go away; their stupid beliefs is one of the reasons that America is in this mess and would make it worse if they got their way.

Agree to disagree.

TheZoomZoomKid said:

Because anti-Slavery and civil rights are really stupid beliefs. Thank god no one came up with that, or highways, or by god, trust busting. Learn your history Zoomzoom. :roll: you know, haven't democrats had control of congress the past few years? I hear they make up one of the rings of the 3 ringed School house rock circus, kinda limit what bush and republicans can do. And didn't quite a few democrats vote for the iraqi war? Like, well, Hillary Clinton? Hmmm....
And when I say it banned federal funding, I mean ALL funding. As in, "You suggest the option of terminating pregnancies? Fine, now you don't get money for condoms. What's that, you have an AIDS crisis? Well, we're trying to promote a Culture of Life, you know."

Former President Bush spent more on AIDS problems in africa then any one person in history, something like 150 billion I believe.

Also, the research over the past 8 years using Adult stem cells has surpassed embryonic stem cell research, it was a meaningless and empty gesture.

And, the withdrawal from Iraq was going to happen regardless of who took office. Obama literally has nothing to do with that beyond giving an order any president would have given. I bet he'll get all the credit though!

Finally, yay, human rights success! Really? no. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... afgha.html

Green_Lantern said:
Yeah...Gotta love Republicans and their regressive tax schedules...

It never rains but it pours.

Both parties have a long list of horribliness about them, but hey, what can we do.

Pretty much...I always hate when people get into arguments over which party is better than the other...

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
TheZoomZoomKid said:
Because anti-Slavery and civil rights are really stupid beliefs. Thank god no one came up with that, or highways, or by god, trust busting. Learn your history Zoomzoom. :roll:
This video sums up most of my feelings toward this post.
Prior to the 1930's, the Republican Party was actually liberal and the Democrat Party was actually conservative, meaning that the stuff you posted would have been in the favor of modern day Democrats.

I find it funny that most Republicans seem to overlook this fact.

Longo_2_guns said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
TheZoomZoomKid said:
Because anti-Slavery and civil rights are really stupid beliefs. Thank god no one came up with that, or highways, or by god, trust busting. Learn your history Zoomzoom. :roll:
This video sums up most of my feelings toward this post.
Prior to the 1930's, the Republican Party was actually liberal and the Democrat Party was actually conservative, meaning that the stuff you posted would have been in the favor of modern day Democrats.

I find it funny that most Republicans seem to overlook this fact.

I do understand this, but zoomzoom only argues the name, not the history behind it. Christ, wouldn't surprise me if half the people here believed that Nixon started the Vietnam War.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
I do understand this, but zoomzoom only argues the name, not the history behind it. Christ, wouldn't surprise me if half the people here believed that Nixon started the Vietnam War.
Except he says that Republicans should go away, not that they didn't exist, which means he is referring to all the current Republicans. I mean, it's impossible for something that has already happened to go away.

Longo_2_guns said:
Prior to the 1930's, the Republican Party was actually liberal and the Democrat Party was actually conservative

That's funny, the same thing must of happened here in Australia because of conservative party is called the liberal party.

Yeah, when I learned that it was the republicans that ended slavery I was pretty damn suprised. But a party is only as good as it's current members. I can't say theres much I agree with much that republicans...or conservatives anywhere believe in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle