I got laid off, let's get drunk.

Strideout

Rookie
Fuck. So yeah, anyone hiring? I want out of this town and god-forsaken state, so I'm looking anywhere I can for jobs that don't involve working a cash register and slinging burgers. Management experience, blah blah blah, I've got it all.

But really, I made this thread for anyone and everyone to vent, bitch, (pretend) get drunk with me, and also because fuck it! I'm not doing anything better apparently! Who else hates corporate motherfucking America, yeah!?

/job

3pjyt3.jpg

Sorry to hear buddy. Take the time to enjoy the week and drink on the weekend. Come Monday go on the job hunt, but maybe take this long weekend to go on that RPG run you were going to do?

Plus, you still have a gf right? So I soon want to see a topic that says, "I got laid, let's get drunk" - we know thats what the old Shane would do!

It could be worse - chin up, mate! It's not as if you're starting from square 1.

Ouch.. Altoona, PA

Yea... you're pretty much screwed and as long as rural PA continues to endorse the raping of worker rights by opposing unions - you're going to be existing on the whims of your corporate overlords for a long time to come.

What did you do? What was your Job title? Why did they let you go? What are the job prospects?

Queue Eyebrows..

I was an account executive in the customer service call center for a Detroit-based business (legally, I can't go into specifics about this shit, privacy and blah blah blah), who filed for Chapter 7 today. As I was employed by them and not the call center I worked from...yeah.

Worked my way up the chain from just a phone rep getting clean off heroin (it was a small ladder to work up, but with no degree it's really my only shot at decent job), to a billing and ACD analyst, to an employee for the client company. Did it in a pretty short span of time, too...haven't even been back in PA three years yet. I was offered a job back in the call center on another project, for an alternate company...but just as a phone agent and for less money than I make now, which I am mortified by the thought of.

No idea what I'm going to do now. Might move somewhere legal and work on obtaining a growers license and a business loan, go from there. Might get a shit job at this pizza place down the road for a minute, they pay under the table so that would be nice. Really I'm just trying to soak all this in. I really regret not going in to work yesterday, would've been nice for one more day or some shit. I don't know, man. I'm fucking baffled right now.

All the cool kids are shooting it, so does it really count as heroin if you're snorting it?
Heroin peeps love to talk about heroin. Regale us with stories of your heroin journey.
But first, the under the table pay job sounds good for now. They won't get uppity when you bounce on them for another. They can't, you're not on the payroll anyway. But that probably means you'll be paying for your own gas if you're on delivery. You'll probably get more hours than the guys on payroll, though. That's good.
Dunno if you have a criminal record or not, but get it cleaned if you need to before job hunting. Everyone hiring is looking to see if you have a felony or not.

Chris_Crime said:
All the cool kids are shooting it, so does it really count as heroin if you're snorting it?
Heroin peeps love to talk about heroin. Regale us with stories of your heroin journey.

haha, ty. i didnt wanna do it.

i wanna take all this seriously, but it's shane, c'mon. isn't easy. can't be coke, LSD or E or anything with Shane. Gotta be the queen mother of drugs. Go big or go home.

Not much to tell. Dope really wasn't the focus of my last post, but fuck it. I was a dumb kid living in Salt Lake, got hooked on dope. Just another stat. And no, I don't have a criminal record outside of a couple misdemeanor pot-related occurrences, one of which can't even really be held against me.

I haven't been without a job in forever. This fucking sucks.

It's not like you to hold back from us. So? Did you shoot it? Snort it? Is there a heroin drain down the throat? Tastes numbing, or spicy caliiente? I'm hoping caliente, because it looks like a broken bullion cube.

And Salt Lake City? Wow, I hate that town! Isn't that the one city in the galaxy where there's no drinking, no fornicating, anti sodomy, anti gomorrahmy. Ironic that you'd pick up a drug habit there. I bet a lot of people were going hard, though. All that repression, the only outlet is to go hard.

dude, don't smoke. everyone piss tests, except for that under the table job.

No, I was a smoker. I don't like talking about that chapter of time, really. Made some mistakes, learned some lessons.

Psh, Salt Lake is anything but a wholesome Mormon town these days. Don't get me wrong, its still Zion to the Mormons, but there's a somewhat hellish underworld that gets more prominent as time goes on. Provo, Orem, Sandy, Magna, etc are all still pretty strict in their ways and full of bubble Mormon asshats, but Salt Lake isn't so bad. Lots of kids in the Utah Valley get LDS pushed down their throats all their lives and rebel when they become of age, and a lot of those valley kids end up in Salt Lake. The rave scene out there is pretty tight, we used to get insane molly and pressed E. Ahhhh the good old days. I don't miss Utah though.

Sorry you lost your job dude. Get drunk today, work on you resume tomorrow, and keep telling everyone that you're looking for work. You are way more likely to find a lead on a job from a friend than the internet or the Penny Saver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle