i need a new phone, help me please.

piracer said:
whats this EDGE?

The base phone network.

If your country has a decent 3G network, it's completely pointless and chews extra battery for only like 10% extra internet speed.

Put it this way;
EDGE does the phone
3G does the internet/data, as well as the phone.

ah i see.

For the skype application, can i call to other iphone users with their skype on? So like free international calls?

If I jailbreak wrong, can I reset it and save the warranty?

And EDGE is AT&T's regular network. Basically the 2G network. When you're not using 3G service on your phone (or WiFi), your phone reverts to EDGE to save battery. You can change all that in your settings though.

So jailbreaking, is similar to adding cfw to your PSP? If done incorrectly, you might have a bricked Iphone?

keepithowitis said:
And EDGE is AT&T's regular network. Basically the 2G network. When you're not using 3G service on your phone (or WiFi), your phone reverts to EDGE to save battery. You can change all that in your settings though.
It actually doesn't disable either, they're both still connected. That's why i like SBsettings.

And yes, if you fail the JB, you can restore it and warranty it. If they ask what happened, say the battery was low and you tried to update it and it just did this.

It's worth it though.
dTunes. So beautiful.

UghRochester said:
So jailbreaking, is similar to adding cfw to your PSP? If done incorrectly, you might have a bricked Iphone?
Yes, if you somehow fail so monumentally that it cannot be salvaged.

Although the jailbreak is so damn easy it's actually harder to brick it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle