Need some Apps

C_nate

Rookie
So, I finally broke down and joined modern society and got in on this whole "smart phone" craze.

After removing a bunch of bloated junk that came with it, the screens are looking kinda bare. I was looking for some games and other type of stuff to put on there but after browsing the store it looks like a staggeringly vast amount of things that are just complete absolute shit.

Dozens of "runner" type games, clone after clone, games that I'm surprised have not been sued for copyright infringement (so many mario ripoffs) and so on. Just a lot of stuff that looks like it was slapped together in 5 mins to run commercials and sell gems/coins/jewels/testicles for RL money.

What are some decent games? I have a few criteria though..1,) the game cannot have "in-app" purchases that effect the game itself. Spending money to unlock cosmetic stuff I can ignore, Spending money to unlock levels I cannot. 2.) the game cannot have an excessive amount of ads that play. I can understand a totally free game have some ads now n then, but one that stops your game every 60 seconds is not ok.

Also, any other useful apps. Something for news maybe? Music? Just remember I'm domesticated now, so no fuck apps or whatever you kids use these days.

(p.s. it's an android phone)

Thanks!

MX Player is the best video player and even has hardware decoding.

I use Rocket Player for music.

The only games I play on my phone are emulated Nintendo games. I have like 6 different emulators though and not a specific one to suggest.

For games, I enjoyed "The Silent Age" - a touch adventure puzzle game but with a time travelling gizmo - sort of interesting.
I also enjoyed a fun little game called "Tiny Thief". Kind of the same thing as above but much more kiddy fun - reminds me of Zack & Wiki for the Wii if you ever played that. Although sadly, there are 6 "worlds" and you have to purchase the last 3. Still good.
Sadly, that's about all I can recommend. The others I have are just games to pass the time: Tetris, Space Invaders and Solitaire etc.

The free apps I have are "NavFree"...should exaplin itself!
Oh and Snapchat incase you want to send me a picture of your penis that I can view for only 10 seconds....

....that's your call!

Game Dev Story.

I suggest downloading it on a friday so you can lose 2 days of weekend instead of missing work/school.

ES File Explorer and ES Task Manager are both exceedingly useful, get into the habit of closing all tasks and emptying cache before putting your phone in your pocket.

I also very much recommend 'downgrading' to the old version of google maps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy- ... o-t2439236

Want to save the entire continental united states to your SD card forever so you can use maps with no data connection at all, even in the middle of the desert after a nuclear war destroys civilization?
Google used to be cool and let you do exactly that. In the 'updated' versions of maps, this ridiculously useful feature has been removed.

You're gonna want to be able to use your phone as a flashlight. For that, get droidlight.

Shazam is useful for identifying that song you're hearing and don't know what it is.

I've been enjoying the game Plague, Inc. It's a strategy game where you play as a bacteria/virus/parasite/etc. and evolve and try to kill every human in the world.

Now, it's free to play, BUT you have to pay to use the upgrades you earn. This cost me a total of $1.09. One time. That's nothing. Try it for free, and if you like it, its totally worth putting a crowbar in your wallet for. This is coming from the stingiest dude on this forum.

Skype is pre-installed but I was getting so frustrated at its limited vocabulary and its awful predictive text that I had to switch. It remembered things I didn't want it to, then refused to remember things I did want it to.

I've been happy with SwiftKey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod